2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
No more Chevy for me
By slim on 11/23/08 15:08 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I own a 2006 Chevrolet Impala lS, and I hate that car. I bought it with 46,234 miles on it, at 50,000 miles the water pump started to leak, so I had to replace it. The gas mileage is poor, the inside armrest is already broken, I had to replace a speaker that stopped working or worked when it wanted too, the automatic trunk relaese button works when it wants too, the power door lock switch on driver side door only lets you lock the doors not open them. The transmission shifts how it wants too, sometimes smooth sometimes kicks in the gears harsh shifting, and then this past Friday something happened with the power steering, all the fluid leaks out. I am not happy at all with this Impala. No more Chevy of any kind for me.

Not that happy
By Dee on 11/10/08 06:09 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I currently am in a 4 year lease with my Impala with 11 months to go and counting! Not happy with the fact that it needed brakes and rotors all the way around at 24000 miles. Had and entire exhaust system put in this Aug, under warranty thankfully but now the warranty is up and I am terrified that this car is going to cost me during the last year I have it. Just put a tie rod in at my own expense. Other annoying problems. Let's see, rust spot that keeps reappearing on the trunk due to screws underneath trunk molding, clunking in the back end when you go over bumps, broken sun visor, fuel pump and hoses replaced after 1st yr. Passenger seat that clunks anytime someone sits in it. No more Chevys!

Very Good Impala
By rmhemmings on 11/07/08 21:24 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car new and recently broke 50K miles (3 yrs). The only problem I've had was a bad power steering pump which was replaced under warranty. I am pleased with the mileage, I was getting 27 mpg combined while driving 50 miles round trip to work. I now work closer and mileage has dropped to 25 mpg combined. Response and acceleration are great on the hiway. Someone complained about the Goodyear Infinity tires, but I got 47K out of the first set which I thought was good. As a matter of fact I replaced them with same tire. Hopefully I will get many more years and miles out of the vehicle.

Awesome Car for the Price I Paid
By Phillip Wooden on 11/07/08 14:25 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

All I can say is wow! I only paid $15, 995 for this car with only 30K on the odometer. I had a problem with the tire pressure monitor system at first, but a little hint: don't have your dealer try to fix; do it yourself. I took to dealer 5 times and they reset it each time. It went out again and I decided to fix it myself using the manual, and have had no more problems. Must use an air hose with high air output. This car is such a powerful car. Suggestion, buy used and pay half the price like I did. Also, you can upgrade the headlights to projector lights and make it look even more upscale. I installed them and an HID conversion kit that I got online and all I can say is wow! Buy this car!

Bought used 2006 Impala - Great
By Average Joe on 10/22/08 20:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Just bought one used with 59,000 miles, in August 2009. What a great car. Designed for adult men and I think also women. Comfortable, everything is where it should be and works like it should. Plenty of room but very good gas mileage. What a pleasure to get into to drive home at the end of the day, or to take on a trip. Why spend a lot more money on a car? This has everything you reasonably want.

Oil consuption
By jim on 09/23/08 13:35 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I was just on the web checking to see if any others had a oil problem. Was surprised to find many of the same problems I've had. The car goes through 1 to 2 quarts of oil between changes. Braking is not as good as it should be. The dealership has replaced the tire monitor for the right front tire, and the entire computer at least 5 times now. That became so frustrating that the first thing I do when I get in now is hit the button to get rid of the message. Other small misc problem too small to list. Really a shame because I love to drive this car

SS review
By wcslivik on 09/19/08 16:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Love the performance. It will beat just about any car on the road. Extermely nice to get in and out of traffic. I get so many comments about the ride. I am averaging 21 mpg, but I ramp on it a bit too. I'm sure I could sqeeze 23 mpg average if I drive concervative. I love the mufflers, they arnt exactly flowmaster, but aren't the stock Silverodo mufflers where you can't hear anything. It's perfect. The stereo is amazing. The only problem I've had with it is the AC outlets lost power, but other than that it's an amazing car.

Great Basic Transportation
By SC Driver on 09/15/08 03:01 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is a very good car for a fair price. Fuel economy is great on the highway in the winter averaging over 32 MPG, but the AC decreases this to 28.5 MPG. Fit and finish is good and the car is holding up well fairly well even when driving it 13,000 miles/month. In short, the cost per mile calculation for this car has been better than any vehicle I have ever had. Where and tear is beginning to show at 3 years, but I will be getting another Impala next month.

A good car.
By merquisez on 09/11/08 03:43 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I dont know why people are having problems with their Impalas. My Impala works well inside and out. I think it comes down to TLC and regular maintenance. It's a great car for the highways, and a great car for economy for its size. I have 85000 kms on it now.

Best I had
By Mario on 08/28/08 22:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Was purchased without my wife around. Fell in love at first drive. My wife hated it for its large interior front seats until she drove it for an errand. She also fell in love with the power although scared because of the front end torque. Overall strength of the body is poor with a bent door with a wind gust but it is the best overall experience I had with a car. Very good gas economy on highways.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.