Used 2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Not disappointed
By imran

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought mine about a year ago with 34k with certified warranty and believe me I used it quiet a few times and ended up buying the major guard warranty and used that about three times already, I've put 35k in one year always started up ran pretty well all along with good mpg no complaints there, had a few issues, crank seal leak, power steering pump and hose, control arm, coolant leak, but luckily everything was covered, so i definitely recommend buying all the warranty you can do not buy without warranty, I'll give it an 6 out of 10.

Favorite Features

exterior body style, muffler sound, comfortable to drive, if you drive long hours constantly this is the car. excellent handling.

Suggested Improvements

blind spots are dangerous, when making turns look have to look real hard few times because front windshield side frames get in your way. trunk space took away leg room for rear passengers.

I was told it had 1001 improvements
By clint

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it new, it has 93,000+ miles, 3rd day the traction control light came on, it was a loose pvc connection at valve cover, not long after that the courtesy lights on the rear view mirror and trunk quit working, didn't care, the steering tilt lever falls out, didn't care about that either, the brakes haven't been serviced yet, theyr'e still good, but there's a good vibration when braking especially from highway speeds, don't care about that, the transmission started to slip and clunk into gear about 10,000 miles ago, I'm kind of worried about that, it goes away after it warms up, there's oil leaking from somewhere above the oil filter, it runs good though, I would say it needed more than 1001 improvements

Favorite Features

good looks, remote start, gas mileage, sound system, I'm 6'1" 290 lbs it's comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

lighted a/c controls,stronger center console cover, drink holders in back

Glad but sad
By ltbiblis

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car when it had 20k miles on it as certified used from Chevy dealer in 2006. first 3 years it ran great other than steering issues which apparently all Chevys have according to dealer? now it is 2010 and i have 81k on the car. I had dealer perform all scheduled maintenance every month. now I have a ton of problems. steering still loose, brake rotors warped, brake pads shot, engine overheating, remote entry only works within 5 ft, heater core not working, head gasket needs replaced, transmission slipping, engine spurts during highway travel, had to flush coolant and put green coolant in as dexcool is bad. this is costing me over 3K and car only worth 6k. last Chevy for me!

Favorite Features

Power, roomy, nice looking

Suggested Improvements

Coolant, engine, transmission, steering, simply caring about what you build like Honda!

Don't ever buy impala ss again
By kittycat23

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

i bought 2006 ss impala nothing but problems my check engine light came on twice sensor went, the wheel bearings front two replace, radio went out on it quiet playing my cds all under 40,000 miles then my tires went less the 2000 miles i put on. bought 1200 a set went out, water pump went out at 42,000 my tie rod went at 50,000, remote starter broke, poor handling during the winter, the radiator croaked at 52,000, the transmission leaked twice the hose of it broke not under warranty, cost 250 dollars never ever buy a gm product again

Favorite Features

sunroof bose stereo, fuel saver.

Bullet Proof
By Darren

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I am a police officer, and I was issued an '06 impala 3 years ago. I have easily put 2700 hrs sitting, driving, and idling in this car. With stiffer suspension, and different seats this is a stock LT with the 3.9 liter engine. It rocks! I have gone though 3 front brakes, 2 sets of tires and a trany line at 85000 miles. Other than that, I have had nothing but regular oil changes. I drive this car very hard everyday! I still have it, and it has 91000 miles on it. As it is due for retirement very soon, I thought I would give it some props. It still has the giddy-up to get the speeders out there, and I am still comfortable in it. My wife and I are looking to buy one now, great car!!!

Favorite Features

The power! I didn't pay for gas, but I would average 15 MPG city 28 hwy.

Suggested Improvements

I'm always a fan of even more power.