Used 2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews - 308 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

I guess I'm not the only one
By LTAKBAR

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I am in the U.S. Navy and traveled a lot my first 2 years I owned the car. At 37,000 miles, the transmission went out and had to be replaced. At 45,000 miles the steering went out and had to be replaced. The air sensors have not worked after the first year. Now I have the car overseas and it is impossible to find replacement parts or get the recall items fixed. My water pump went out in Bahrain and I had to have my original dealer in NJ find a spare and have it FedEx to me. I am waiting on my car to be shipped to Korea and I already know that there is no one here that can fix it. The car looks good and drives good, but the maintenance is a nightmare and expensive.

Good gas mileage on the highway. Nice and sporty rims. The pull-down backseat is perfect for providing more carrying space. On-Star system in the U.S.

Create more universal replacement parts. Better corrosion control off the lot, steering corroded through after only 45,000 miles.

2006 Impala water pump going out
By LT2

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I enjoy my 2006 Impala. Unhappy with a water pump going out at 80,000 miles. That's just not right. Also, had to replace gas cap and some gas sensor. That's just not right either. Those things should be under some kind of warranty/recall.

Love the temp. gauge. Interior is great. Big Trunk.

Better gas mileage. Only average 24-26 MPG. That's highway miles. Not bad except they advertise 31 MPG when I bought the car. Never once did it go past 28. I thought once the car loosened up the mileage would get better. That didn't happen.

Great value From Gm
By Ricky Powell

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have found car to be solid air and road noise minimal good pick up for 3.5 v-6 and in my opinion Chevy has definitely closed any gap in quality there was and mine is 2006. I can't wait until the next generation Impalas hit the road look for it!

The engine smooth transmission, ride, also seating materials, gauges knobs you don't have to fumble for its just a solidly built well thought out car.

I always need more horsepower, GM just needs to keep heading in the direction its heading and get even better.

Not disappointed
By imran

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought mine about a year ago with 34k with certified warranty and believe me I used it quiet a few times and ended up buying the major guard warranty and used that about three times already, I've put 35k in one year always started up ran pretty well all along with good mpg no complaints there, had a few issues, crank seal leak, power steering pump and hose, control arm, coolant leak, but luckily everything was covered, so i definitely recommend buying all the warranty you can do not buy without warranty, I'll give it an 6 out of 10.

exterior body style, muffler sound, comfortable to drive, if you drive long hours constantly this is the car. excellent handling.

blind spots are dangerous, when making turns look have to look real hard few times because front windshield side frames get in your way. trunk space took away leg room for rear passengers.

I was told it had 1001 improvements
By clint

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it new, it has 93,000+ miles, 3rd day the traction control light came on, it was a loose pvc connection at valve cover, not long after that the courtesy lights on the rear view mirror and trunk quit working, didn't care, the steering tilt lever falls out, didn't care about that either, the brakes haven't been serviced yet, theyr'e still good, but there's a good vibration when braking especially from highway speeds, don't care about that, the transmission started to slip and clunk into gear about 10,000 miles ago, I'm kind of worried about that, it goes away after it warms up, there's oil leaking from somewhere above the oil filter, it runs good though, I would say it needed more than 1001 improvements

good looks, remote start, gas mileage, sound system, I'm 6'1" 290 lbs it's comfortable.

lighted a/c controls,stronger center console cover, drink holders in back