2006 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews 7

2006 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Too soon to tell but
By Educated on 04/25/09 14:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have only had my car for a few days but bought it used, I am educated and have worked for GM and do know that first year out cars have issues so it is the bugs that need to get worked out, having the tire sensor problem one was replaced but the Traction light still comes on, so stopped into the new car dealer and told me it maybe another sensor,,,, the visor was worn took it off and will replace with one from pick and pull myself. I haven't had the car long enough to have alot of issues but do know that after the bugs are worked out a Chevrolet can go for 300k easy if maintained correctly! I will update if anymore probs but I like my CHEVY!

Great Car
By Keep it simple on 04/14/09 12:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I usually do not do this because all vehicles can have problems; however, we love this car. We can get 32mph highway and 25 in town. It has the larger engine and has great snap. It is fun to drive. It has been very reliable (47k) I really like the fold down seats. Two minor complaints. more cup holders in front and the leather model should have a auto/rearview mirror. MN.

I will own nothing BUT an Impala SS!
By elalewine on 03/27/09 11:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have had my Impala SS for about 2 years now, and love it, love it, love it! It is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned! It has been reliable, comfortable, and fun! I like the sedan look and the interior is also very nice (I love the sunroof). I am at about 27,000 miles and have not had any problems, whatsoever. I am looking at the 2010 Impala SS and can't wait for that to come out! The trunk space surprised me as to how LARGE it was!

06 impala
By 06 impala on 03/26/09 14:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have only had my 06 impala for 5weeks. I really like this car. I have noticed windows rattle when rolled down some. Some time there is a repeat noise when the car is idling. Clicking sound when turning steering wheel more than half way. One of the circulation lights would not turn off. Even when other circulation button was pressed. Yes remote only works within 5 feet. Car was at dealership yesterday. I was told; idling noise normal, nothing wrong with window seal.Dealer was able to get the button unstuck. However stated one of the lights will remain on, unless air conditioner is turned on.(doesn't make sense) Lastly they were not able to duplicate the steering noise I hear.

The "chancey" first year
By raboyd on 02/25/09 20:40 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We loved driving this car (one of the very first of the new model year) from the moment we bought it, it was a head- turner for months. This was our first GM product in 2 decades, even our base model was attractive and well equipped. The silver Impala was reliable and nimble and boy would the new (at that time) 3.5 liter V-6 scoot. This was certainly not your 80's Chevrolet metallic paint either! I had never driven anything quite like it and the base price was $1000 cheaper than the previous year. The kids, always named our cars, "Jenny", "Tootsie" and "Geraldine" based on the first experiences it was no surprise when the kids came up with the very different: "Rocket".

I Love this car, but ...
By Teenergirl760 on 02/24/09 19:56 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

The heater does not work, it takes forever for it to get hot and when it does get hot, I cannot let off the gas, because once I do it becomes cold (ex. stopping at a signal light). I had popping in the steering wheel, and since it is under warranty I took it to the dealership they "fixed" it. Along with all four tire pressure sensors. And not even a day after being fixed the tire sensors went out again, and now a month later the popping has returned! Oh, and when I am going down the road the car has power surges! Oh and another problem I have, I have remote start, but the remote doesn't reach unless I am a foot in front of the car! And It's been replaced twice, I love the car, but this is sad!

Never again
By Gregory on 02/02/09 19:26 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I usually don't say never but in this case I will never buy another Chevy for the rest of my entire life. I have had three and the Impala SS is the worst because it cost the most. This car has 36000 miles on it and its burning oil, the plastic is shedding its skin, warped rotor on right front. Rear view mirror won't remain tight. Carpet is cheap and there is a clunk in the rear end when going over bumps. I got ripped off and I will never ever buy another hunk of junk like this. As soon as I get enough of this loan paid off it's back to Japan for me. My used Dodge was better then this car was new.

No longer a Chevy fan
By Ivey01 on 01/26/09 10:18 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

My husband and I purchased two Impalas in May of 2006. First of all to those folks who have said the problems are related to TLC of your car, I couldn't disagree more. My Impala has had all the appropriate maintenance and yet it is still falling apart. The first year was okay, but approx 15 months after we bought it the Intermediate steering shaft & a tie rod had to be replaced, since then it has been one thing after another from emissions systems to the latest a power steering problem. Oil consumption and climate control have also been issues. The noisy windows I think are standard, on both of our cars the windows screech when you roll them down.

Transmission problems
By greg drew on 01/22/09 18:01 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car because I thought it would make a nice go to work car and be reliable. Ive had nothing but trouble with it. The transmission has had a jerking problem since it was new that the dealer wouldn't fix because they said their computer said there was nothing wrong with it. The radio went bad. They didn't want to fix that until I got beligerent with them. It has a coolant leak that they cant find, so that is still leaking. Unhappy customer!

Not Reliable
By Anne on 01/20/09 10:21 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Fun car to drive, but not very reliable. At 46,000 miles the water pump went out, at 71,000 miles the tranmission started leaking, at 110,000 the power steering pump went out. I have ongoing problems with the tire pressure monitors. The remote fob doesn't work unless you are within approximately 5 feet of the car, which makes the remote start virtually worthless. I also own a 2002 Impala LS with 250,000+ miles on it, that I have had no problems with; so at least I have something reliable to drive I will never again purchase a GM automobile due to these issues, I will be purchasing a Toyota Camry soon.