Used 2006 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews - 308 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Gotta love Chevy
By impalaman258

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

i love my PALA i bought it with 53,000 miles and just hit a year owned not to long ago got 82,000. I'm 18 years old and yes sir i do drive everywhere spring break :) my car i guess you can call souped up i have bigger rims 20"s rides fantastic and trans is holding knock on wood i haven't had to many issues just things i broke from mods in the car i have custom duel pipes which makes that 3.5L roar this car a great choice upgrading to Chevy avalanche next year unfortunately. i found out the car has a list from carfax and was smashed in the back which upset me and she still going good.

comfy design trunk space gas mileage is great even when i have big rims

seats squeaking i mean nothing serious make them rear wheel drive i want a caprice

Great Car
By Matthew

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I bought it used at 12,000 miles, now at 50,000. It has been in two fender benders (other drivers faults) and besides the repair work, has not been in a shop once. On the highway CT to NH, I get 33 miles per gallon there and back at 60 mph. Highway mileage is great, just keep the speed down. Front seats go back far (I am tall) but there is less rear leg room then the 2003 style impala. Tons of rear space when the front seats are push up. Lifetime gas mileage is about 23 mpg. Computer led display is nice, no vents have broke, my driver side floor mat wore out, and has three cigarette lighter jacks. I love the car, and plan on keeping it for years more.

Dash LED display, wood trim, Audio cable input (for ipods/mp3 players/ sound from dvd player)

Remove the speed re-stricter chip at 115 mph.

Think twice before you buy
By Jennifer

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

2 years ago we purchased a 2006 Chevy Impala. This is by far the worst vehicle I have ever purchased. The car has mechanical malfunctions all the time, some the repair shop could not even figure out. I had to have sensors and other parts replaced well before the time that they should wear out. The paint job is shoddy too. My husband takes very good care of our cars. This Impala has the pin-striping coming off with each wax job. We only use extremely good car care products, like Mothers car wax. I feel the paint job is inferior and not the wax. Not happy I will be paying for this waste of money vehicle for the next 3 years. I have even tried to turn it in as a trade on a different brand

none

scrap this car and start over.

Will never buy another impala
By Kim

2006 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I brought this car new and for the first year it was ok. My water pump went out and of course I had to pay three hundred to get it replaced. The car is very cheap made. The cd player doesn't work right. They put all the room in the trunk when they should have put it in the back seat area. The gas mileage is a joke. Why put on paper it gets 31 mpg when they know it doesn't. The only car I ever owned that I hated more was a ford tempo. Don't waste your time or money on this car. Chevrolet really dropped the ball on this car.

Good Quality - Built in Canada
By Preacher

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

From day one, this car has performed extremely well. The fit and finished were good and remain so. I have now driven this vehicle over 116,000 km and repair bills have been almost non- existent. It did required a new battery after 90,000 km; but with regular minimal maintenance, accompanied by regular Synthetic Amsoil oil changes and filters, I place it among one of the best cars I have ever owned. When the Lease expired, I bought the vehicle and it is everything I imagined an Oshawa built vehicle to be. Service at Park Lane Motors is excellent and customer oriented. I can hardly wait for the next generation of Impala to come off the Assembly Line; hopefully built in Oshawa, Ontario.

Driving position, firm ride, good, quick power for a push-rod V6 of its vintage. Well-appointed.

The leather seats could be more comfortable without sacrificing stability of ride, dash layout is not bad but should be improved ergonomically. Heat adjustment controls were improved on later models but is rather "hokey" for this model. Cup holders are too shallow and allow spillage when cornering.