2006 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Junk
By Skreamz on 07/16/09 00:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car back in 2007. it had 21K miles on it. head gasket replaced at 24K miles on it. Master switch for window controls replaced at 28K. Intake manifold gasket replaced at 51K. The motor cuts out at 107mph. GM could have done a lot better with their vehicles. I will buy Japanese next time.

Running in Texas
By Tex on 05/26/09 21:44 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

First Chevrolet since a 1989 Caprice Classic lemon. Pleasantly surprised by the quality of this car. Expected the 3000-6000 mile rattles typical of GM sedans, but they never appeared. To date I have 106,000 miles on the car and have done nothing but oil and filter changes along with air cleaner. On my second set of tires and still running factory brakes. Now with the GM problems trying to guess if I should keep this one or buy another. The thought of the government handling my warranty on a new car does not give me a warm and fuzzy feeling.

Needs just a little work...
By P Walker on 05/22/09 09:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my impala with 40,000 mile on it and I have not had much trouble out of it. I have had the water pump go bad, that has been replaced under extended warrenty. However, the tire sensor is broken and the temperature sensor is broken as well. My husband is 6'5" and he fits comfortably in the car with me. We have been in an accident where some one hit us in the back with a Ford F150 and it did more damage to him than to us. It it a safe car. My next vehicle will not be a car but if it was I would get another used impala. (no point in getting a new car, they depreciate so quickly). If dealers stand behind their product a slightly used car is just as good if not better (lower payments).

06 Impala lt
By TheSheeve on 05/21/09 09:16 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

The is 2 yrs old, bought brand new off the show room floor. We have had it in for repair for steering, stereo stopped working, rear defroster, remote starter, gass leaks, oil leaks, and the car gets bad mpg. The factory rotors only lasted 1.5yrs before warping. Oh... And the struts need replaced.

Great Car for the Money
By Ryan on 05/07/09 23:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Impala LT for nearly one year and am very happy with it - 36k miles. It's been 100 percent reliable, solid feeling, and gets about 28-32 on the highway (once got 34mpg on a tank driving 65 on flat open highway). This is a great car if you're looking for an American vehicle that's well built, has a great drive train, and can be driven long distances with good comfort. My last Chevy (1998) went more than 170k trouble free....hopping to get the same or more out of this one. So far, so good.

it is what it is...
By John on 05/03/09 11:46 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased new in '06. Rotors warped at about 15k mi. Was told by my mechanic this is typical. Grounded down and now have 36k mi. on car. Always used synthetic oil and always 1/2 to 1 quart short when I go in for a change. The tire sensors failed and were fixed under warranty; fixed the key fob too, only worked when next to the car (defeated purpose of remote start). The truck lid is heavy and difficult to open. Wish I bought the package with Bose stereo & heated outside mirrors. The car handles relatively well for front wheel drive. It is very fast and is excellent highway cruiser. Surprisingly decent in snow with factory tires.

Too soon to tell but
By Educated on 04/25/09 14:38 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have only had my car for a few days but bought it used, I am educated and have worked for GM and do know that first year out cars have issues so it is the bugs that need to get worked out, having the tire sensor problem one was replaced but the Traction light still comes on, so stopped into the new car dealer and told me it maybe another sensor,,,, the visor was worn took it off and will replace with one from pick and pull myself. I haven't had the car long enough to have alot of issues but do know that after the bugs are worked out a Chevrolet can go for 300k easy if maintained correctly! I will update if anymore probs but I like my CHEVY!

Great Car
By Keep it simple on 04/14/09 12:56 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I usually do not do this because all vehicles can have problems; however, we love this car. We can get 32mph highway and 25 in town. It has the larger engine and has great snap. It is fun to drive. It has been very reliable (47k) I really like the fold down seats. Two minor complaints. more cup holders in front and the leather model should have a auto/rearview mirror. MN.

I will own nothing BUT an Impala SS!
By elalewine on 03/27/09 11:31 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have had my Impala SS for about 2 years now, and love it, love it, love it! It is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned! It has been reliable, comfortable, and fun! I like the sedan look and the interior is also very nice (I love the sunroof). I am at about 27,000 miles and have not had any problems, whatsoever. I am looking at the 2010 Impala SS and can't wait for that to come out! The trunk space surprised me as to how LARGE it was!

06 impala
By 06 impala on 03/26/09 14:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have only had my 06 impala for 5weeks. I really like this car. I have noticed windows rattle when rolled down some. Some time there is a repeat noise when the car is idling. Clicking sound when turning steering wheel more than half way. One of the circulation lights would not turn off. Even when other circulation button was pressed. Yes remote only works within 5 feet. Car was at dealership yesterday. I was told; idling noise normal, nothing wrong with window seal.Dealer was able to get the button unstuck. However stated one of the lights will remain on, unless air conditioner is turned on.(doesn't make sense) Lastly they were not able to duplicate the steering noise I hear.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.