Used 2006 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Loovvee this car!
By krisevans

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

so comfortable; interior is nice; great for road trips! Seats are tall and cause blind spot but you get used to that; sun visors too short-hard to get used to that. Tire Monitor warning has come on since I got this car-off show-room floor and no dealer or mechanic has been able to fix. And it sucks down the oil - but warning light is reliable when it gets 1 quart low. Drives great in bad weather as well. In good weather will give you whip-lash in a second. LOVE this car!

seats are comfortable; stylish exterior; speed

please do something about the tire monitors & the oil guzzling

Love My Car
By brianm20nascar

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

First up. I'm a mechanic and I've been reading the reviews on here. I love it when people complain about having to do a repair or 2 to their car, then mention it has 96,000 miles on it. This review is also probably coming from the guy who doesn't believe in regular maintenance of a vehicle and spends as little money on it as possible. My 2006 Impala 3.9 LT3 has 26,000 miles on it, and Its one of the better cars I've seen GM make. I have seen NO problems with my car personally. And I take very good care of my car. All options work as expected. and I can start my car from 200 ft away in the house with the remote. Awesome for cold days. 31 mpg at 70 mph on trip to Tennessee. Great Car.

Remote Start, Heated Seats, Spoiler, 17" Wheels, Sunroof, Mp3 Player, 242hp!

GM has already come out with an updated Intermediate shaft for the steering column to replace the faulty one from the factory. Expect a class action Lawsuit to cover the repair bill. Its a problem on many of them. Also feel sorry for the people with the SS model. That juicy 5.3 303 hp engine is a bit heavy for the poorly designed front GM Wheel bearings. Expect to replace them at 100k if not slightly before. Wish my grey leather was a bit darker. I'm scared it will show its age too much.

Don't buy an Impala!
By NeverbyeaChevy

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is the worst car I have ever owned. Nonstop problems I don't care if it has warranty or not. Major electrical problems, rear defroster does not work. Have to unplug the radio fuse and plug it back in to have it work. Lights dim while driving. Power Steering problems, heat problems front suspension problems. Even the gas cap does not work. I will never buy another GM product and tell everyone I can about it!

Nothing

Everything

Gotta love Chevy
By impalaman258

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

i love my PALA i bought it with 53,000 miles and just hit a year owned not to long ago got 82,000. I'm 18 years old and yes sir i do drive everywhere spring break :) my car i guess you can call souped up i have bigger rims 20"s rides fantastic and trans is holding knock on wood i haven't had to many issues just things i broke from mods in the car i have custom duel pipes which makes that 3.5L roar this car a great choice upgrading to Chevy avalanche next year unfortunately. i found out the car has a list from carfax and was smashed in the back which upset me and she still going good.

comfy design trunk space gas mileage is great even when i have big rims

seats squeaking i mean nothing serious make them rear wheel drive i want a caprice

Great Car
By Matthew

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I bought it used at 12,000 miles, now at 50,000. It has been in two fender benders (other drivers faults) and besides the repair work, has not been in a shop once. On the highway CT to NH, I get 33 miles per gallon there and back at 60 mph. Highway mileage is great, just keep the speed down. Front seats go back far (I am tall) but there is less rear leg room then the 2003 style impala. Tons of rear space when the front seats are push up. Lifetime gas mileage is about 23 mpg. Computer led display is nice, no vents have broke, my driver side floor mat wore out, and has three cigarette lighter jacks. I love the car, and plan on keeping it for years more.

Dash LED display, wood trim, Audio cable input (for ipods/mp3 players/ sound from dvd player)

Remove the speed re-stricter chip at 115 mph.