Used 2006 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Bad Engine
By bagley3

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2006 and it only has 60,067 miles on it and the engine sezied up. of course it had to it when the warrenty ran out

Expen$$$$ive repairs imminent, traded it in
By steve395

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2006 Impala in 2007. I was originally drawn to its style, power, comfort, very quiet ride, etc. I got a good price for it because it was a former rental. I bought it with 28,000 miles and traded it in at 99,600. In between that time it was pretty reliable. Right after the warranty ran out, I had problems with the steering system popping.I began to notice other problems at 75,000. The paint had the durability of nail polish. The driver's side visor hung down. I never could get the brakes to stop pulsating despite changing rotors. Random warning lights came on. Finally - no heat at idle. Head gaskets. Dealer wanted $1,900 to fix.

Very smooth, quiet ride. Big and comfortable. I usually averaged 25 mpg city/highway combo.

Overall build quality needs to improve.

Great Car
By oildawg

2006 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Im suprised at all the negative reviews, then again as a former service manager, no I'm not. I bought my Impala brand new & have put over 140k on it with little or no trouble. 1 water pump @ 42k...with dealer assistance, 1 window regulator, and a battery. Ride, drive, and performance is still great. I am a maintenance freak and take great car of my cars, my plan is to give to my son for college and it will have about 180k then. I see no resson why this car wont go 2-300k.

No real favorite, its really a pretty plain car, but great source of transportation.

More and better cupholders.

GM left me hanging.
By gmletmedown

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I took my new bride on our honeymoon to Montana this past June (I'm from Arizona). Before leaving, I had the oil changed and had the entire car checked out before I left. As soon as I hit 76,000 (1,000 miles past my extended warranty) the transmission began to slip. I was left stranded and GM refused to help me. I was forced to pay for a local transmission shop to repair the car, luckily for me they seem to have done a good job. I will never buy another GM car. They do not build reliable cars and I have always supported them up until this. Here is a list of other problems that I've had to deal with: 1. I've gone through TWO waterpumps. The first waterpump went out because

cont from above: because the chevy repairmen dropped it and bent the pully. 2. The car had two window regulators go out. 3. I've had to have my rotors changed. 4. All of the AC regulators had to be changed. 5. I don't listen to loud music, but my rear speakers are both blown. 6. All of the trim has had to be replaced because the glue didn't last in AZ's heat.

GM should contact me at lewis0803@hotmail.com to make this right. I've driven many GM vehicles prior to this car. I bought this Impala with 30 miles and took very good care of it. Since GM took so much of my tax money, they need to make it right!

Loovvee this car!
By krisevans

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

so comfortable; interior is nice; great for road trips! Seats are tall and cause blind spot but you get used to that; sun visors too short-hard to get used to that. Tire Monitor warning has come on since I got this car-off show-room floor and no dealer or mechanic has been able to fix. And it sucks down the oil - but warning light is reliable when it gets 1 quart low. Drives great in bad weather as well. In good weather will give you whip-lash in a second. LOVE this car!

seats are comfortable; stylish exterior; speed

please do something about the tire monitors & the oil guzzling