Used 2006 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews - 308 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Impala

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

1st New Car in 27 Years
By south59

2006 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After waiting 27 years i was able to obtain this beautiful car after carefull Prayer and Consideration the Good Lord Blessed me once again with this Elagant automoble,Praise the Lord indeed its a Godsend this car is!!!Merry Christmas from the Lord our God and Praise his name,Tim.

The Bose SRS Premium is out of this world great,the interior design is so grand and its just outright great to ride in smooth!

Wow! A great Car!
By jeffroberge11

2006 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have this car since august 2010! And since this day, I'm fully satisfied of this car! The consommation is really great for a car of this size! And the trunk is incredible! I can put everything inside! Well I have only good this to say about this car!

6 places of seat! The trunk! The ride!

More HP and Torque!

Very cheaply built car - very poor quality.
By swannee1948

2006 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the 2006 Chevy Impala Ltz recently from a dealership in Iowa.
The car had only 33,500 miles on it -- thus I thought that it would be an excellent buy & value for the money.
Mechanically the car is fine - the 3.9 L - 6 cylinder engine performs very well.

The heater does not work properly .
The heater takes forever to kick in & generate warm / hot air -- the heater works fine when driving.
The heater does not work when sitting idling in traffic - blows cold air.
The rear window defroster does not work at all.

The quality of the interior
is horrendous --
very cheap.
Squeaks, creaks & rattles all over - especially in the dash panel. Very poor craftsmanship

Engine performance - very good. 3.9 L - 6 cylinder. Highway handling is very good. Gas mileage reasonable - 20 MPG around town - high 20s highway. The car had 33, 500 miles on it when I purchased it a few weeks ago. Exterior styling is very good - nice size. The interior offers very generous space & the trunk is huge.

Quality - especially the interior - very poor - very cheap. Numerous creaks, rattles & squeaks inside the car - especially in the front dash panel. Overall, I am very disappointed in the craftsmanship & quality of this car & would not recommend this brand & model. I am likely to trade the car in very soon for another brand - most likely for a Honda or Toyota.

Bad Engine
By bagley3

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2006 and it only has 60,067 miles on it and the engine sezied up. of course it had to it when the warrenty ran out

Expen$$$$ive repairs imminent, traded it in
By steve395

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2006 Impala in 2007. I was originally drawn to its style, power, comfort, very quiet ride, etc. I got a good price for it because it was a former rental. I bought it with 28,000 miles and traded it in at 99,600. In between that time it was pretty reliable. Right after the warranty ran out, I had problems with the steering system popping.I began to notice other problems at 75,000. The paint had the durability of nail polish. The driver's side visor hung down. I never could get the brakes to stop pulsating despite changing rotors. Random warning lights came on. Finally - no heat at idle. Head gaskets. Dealer wanted $1,900 to fix.

Very smooth, quiet ride. Big and comfortable. I usually averaged 25 mpg city/highway combo.

Overall build quality needs to improve.