2006 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews 5

2006 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
No regrets whatsoever.
By Jeremy on 01/15/10 12:14 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my 2007 ltz (3.9 ltr) for about 3 months, and I still look forward to getting in it to go anywhere. Although the gas pedal is a little firm and takes some getting used to, it has plenty of pep and always does what I ask. This car strikes the right balance between sport and luxury - it's tight around corners and comfortable on long trips. Interior controls are well-thought out. I live in WI and it handles very good in the snow for a sedan. Had a minor issue with fuel cap sensor but it was promptly corrected by dealer with no recurrence. Back seats not huge, but fine for our two kids. I previously owned two Luminas and 1 Impala, and this vehicle has not disappointed me at all.

Almost injured our teenager
By lisa frain on 12/17/09 23:31 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I liked a lot about our impala we had a few quirks too. The remote start the tire pressure sensors never worked and after a year the power steering lost it's fluid was fixed by a GM dealer. but the latest was a accident when my daughter was driving the steering failed and she ended up in a ditch. The car a total loss with my child not receiving any injury, but I find this totally unacceptable from a car with less than 42000 miles. It has been maintained and eats oil. I guess that point is moot, because the car is toast. The common thread I see is there. I am upset and angry and can only think of the what ifs My child could have been killed by this failure, Thank God she walked away.

Piece of junk
By Joe Smith on 12/12/09 17:48 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Soon after I bought it the power steering starting leaking and breaking hoses. Rear door wont open. Cant shift out of drive. Key gets stuck in the ignition. Front end feels like its coming apart. Should have been covered under cash for clunkers but presumably it is worth too much.

Great American Car
By Maxx Promotions on 11/15/09 19:47 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Impala LT2 brand new. It now has just over 46K miles. It is a very comfortable car with tons of luggage space in the trunk. The rear seats are roomy. The 3.9L engine has plenty of power. The only irritating thing is the intermittent clicking noise that comes from the left side just below the driver's footboard. Other than the clicking noise, it is a very reliable car.

By Eric on 11/10/09 00:24 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Power steering hose came off and replaced, water pump went out at only 60,000. Left front wheel bearing going out. Rust behind the trunk metal trim line. Front brakes and rotors replaced at 54,000. Possibly a head gasket needs to be replaced in another 10,000 miles. To be short you get what you pay for. I'm sure an 08 or 09 model is reliable though. Don't purchase a 2006 3.5L. If you have extra cash and like to perform your own work on your vehicle you would love this model.

One of the best cars I have ever owned!
By priggly on 10/10/09 03:28 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have now owned my 2006 Chevrolet Impala SS for over three years and have no complaints whatsoever. The car is quiet, fast, comfortable and without problems of any kind. I have had the power steering hose replaced plus the battery, both under warranty, and otherwise, no problems. The car is very fun to drive with its 5.3 liter engine and 303 HP plus 323 lb.-ft. of torque. It will snap your neck back into the head rest in a hurry, that is for sure! The quality of the car is certain. All the switches and controls are solid and feel like they are in a car costing much more. The sound system is of high quality and sounds great regardless of the genre of music played. The XM is fabulous.

One of the best cars I have ever owned!
By priggly on 10/05/09 00:18 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have now owned my 2006 Impala SS for forty months and have to say that it is absolutely one of the very best cars that I have ever owned. It is blindingly fast, exceedingly comfortable, handles very well, quiet, solid, free of problems and generally of extreme quality. I have had very few problems with the car and which are limited to a bad battery which was replaced under warranty and a defective power steering hose/clamps, also done under warranty. The dealer service experience has also been unparalleled with polite, competent and thoroughly professional service each and every time I have taken the car in for service. I have been most impressed with the level of professionalism.

Disappointed
By Dave on 09/08/09 10:32 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My Wife and I were first very excited to get a newer Impala ours is an 06, the fact that I was not given the vehicle history up front should have warned me off. our first problem was the trans. we lost 2nd gear, then the rotors warped at 39000 miles, then the truck started rusting out and also the passenger side front door panel started to rust. After I finally received a copy of the cars history before I bought it I was shocked there were 3 pages of repairs on the car. I am still having trouble with 1st gear shifting hard and sometimes being sluggish to shift at all, and as far as gas mileage this car has never done better than 17 mpg period.

Our Impala gets 28 mpg
By Jayne on 08/17/09 06:17 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I was afraid of buying another American car. Last Pontiac gave us loads of trouble. We bought the 2006 Impala sedan new and have been pleasantly surprised. Thus far, it has been as reliable as the Honda Accord I drove in the past. I don't understand why they are giving this car such low fuel mileage ratings. Our car has the V6 engine and is 4- door sedan. We average 28 mpg. Recently someone backed out of parking lot same time as me and our bumpers hit. It just scratched a little paint on my bumper. All things considered, I would buy another American car, especially the Impala.

Great Car
By NYGLT56 on 08/06/09 08:54 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my 06 Impala with 36,000mi on it in 2007. Since then I have put 46,000mi on it. It has never been in the shop for repairs. I average 29 mpg on the highway and 22 in the city. I can some times get up to 31 on the highway and that's great form the 3.9L engine it has.