Used 2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

06 Impala LT
By colafontaine

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Impala for 2 years now. bought it with 9,000 miles on it and it now has 38000. I've had many problems with the car SINCE i bought it, and it doesn't look like it's going to stop...first thing, at an unbelievable 17,000 miles, the tie rods and ball joints needed to be replaced. Next was the actuator for the trunk release (took 1 week and 3 actuators to get it solved. there's a noise that sounds like a vacuum leak that the dealers cant figure out whats causing it. Then the tire monitor system. Now there's something wrong w/ the A/C (common problem) that's making it click at random. The heater doesn't work...I've taken care of it, and it was a dealer car before me.

it is fun to drive, remote start, and the fact that it probably will run forever. it will run crappy with a lot of the electrical issues, but it will last.

It simply needs to be built better.

06 Impala SS
By eeterson

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this car used with 60,000 miles. I ignored the fact I test drove it with check engine light and warning lights. Wanted this great looking big engine fueled car. Used car dealer turned the car over with all issues "fixed." Light came back on, transmission needed to be rebuilt. Dealer fixed that, had to fix trunk release issue. Power door locks stopped working. Sensors were going through the six months I had this car. Lots of little annoying things. Unreliable car but FUN TO DRIVE. Loved the power. And for all its flaws it was safe. I ended up rolling this thing pretty badly, totaled the car. Walked away uninjured.

1st New Car in 27 Years
By south59

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After waiting 27 years i was able to obtain this beautiful car after carefull Prayer and Consideration the Good Lord Blessed me once again with this Elagant automoble,Praise the Lord indeed its a Godsend this car is!!!Merry Christmas from the Lord our God and Praise his name,Tim.

The Bose SRS Premium is out of this world great,the interior design is so grand and its just outright great to ride in smooth!

Wow! A great Car!
By jeffroberge11

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have this car since august 2010! And since this day, I'm fully satisfied of this car! The consommation is really great for a car of this size! And the trunk is incredible! I can put everything inside! Well I have only good this to say about this car!

6 places of seat! The trunk! The ride!

More HP and Torque!

Very cheaply built car - very poor quality.
By swannee1948

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the 2006 Chevy Impala Ltz recently from a dealership in Iowa. The car had only 33,500 miles on it -- thus I thought that it would be an excellent buy & value for the money. Mechanically the car is fine - the 3.9 L - 6 cylinder engine performs very well. The heater does not work properly . The heater takes forever to kick in & generate warm / hot air -- the heater works fine when driving. The heater does not work when sitting idling in traffic - blows cold air. The rear window defroster does not work at all. The quality of the interior is horrendous -- very cheap. Squeaks, creaks & rattles all over - especially in the dash panel. Very poor craftsmanship

Engine performance - very good. 3.9 L - 6 cylinder. Highway handling is very good. Gas mileage reasonable - 20 MPG around town - high 20s highway. The car had 33, 500 miles on it when I purchased it a few weeks ago. Exterior styling is very good - nice size. The interior offers very generous space & the trunk is huge.

Quality - especially the interior - very poor - very cheap. Numerous creaks, rattles & squeaks inside the car - especially in the front dash panel. Overall, I am very disappointed in the craftsmanship & quality of this car & would not recommend this brand & model. I am likely to trade the car in very soon for another brand - most likely for a Honda or Toyota.