2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Great value From Gm
By Ricky Powell on 06/18/10 22:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have found car to be solid air and road noise minimal good pick up for 3.5 v-6 and in my opinion Chevy has definitely closed any gap in quality there was and mine is 2006. I can't wait until the next generation Impalas hit the road look for it!

Not disappointed
By imran on 05/26/10 10:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought mine about a year ago with 34k with certified warranty and believe me I used it quiet a few times and ended up buying the major guard warranty and used that about three times already, I've put 35k in one year always started up ran pretty well all along with good mpg no complaints there, had a few issues, crank seal leak, power steering pump and hose, control arm, coolant leak, but luckily everything was covered, so i definitely recommend buying all the warranty you can do not buy without warranty, I'll give it an 6 out of 10.

I was told it had 1001 improvements
By clint on 05/19/10 12:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it new, it has 93,000+ miles, 3rd day the traction control light came on, it was a loose pvc connection at valve cover, not long after that the courtesy lights on the rear view mirror and trunk quit working, didn't care, the steering tilt lever falls out, didn't care about that either, the brakes haven't been serviced yet, theyr'e still good, but there's a good vibration when braking especially from highway speeds, don't care about that, the transmission started to slip and clunk into gear about 10,000 miles ago, I'm kind of worried about that, it goes away after it warms up, there's oil leaking from somewhere above the oil filter, it runs good though, I would say it needed more than 1001 improvements

Glad but sad
By ltbiblis on 05/11/10 23:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car when it had 20k miles on it as certified used from Chevy dealer in 2006. first 3 years it ran great other than steering issues which apparently all Chevys have according to dealer? now it is 2010 and i have 81k on the car. I had dealer perform all scheduled maintenance every month. now I have a ton of problems. steering still loose, brake rotors warped, brake pads shot, engine overheating, remote entry only works within 5 ft, heater core not working, head gasket needs replaced, transmission slipping, engine spurts during highway travel, had to flush coolant and put green coolant in as dexcool is bad. this is costing me over 3K and car only worth 6k. last Chevy for me!

Don't ever buy impala ss again
By kittycat23 on 04/30/10 02:44 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

i bought 2006 ss impala nothing but problems my check engine light came on twice sensor went, the wheel bearings front two replace, radio went out on it quiet playing my cds all under 40,000 miles then my tires went less the 2000 miles i put on. bought 1200 a set went out, water pump went out at 42,000 my tie rod went at 50,000, remote starter broke, poor handling during the winter, the radiator croaked at 52,000, the transmission leaked twice the hose of it broke not under warranty, cost 250 dollars never ever buy a gm product again

Bullet Proof
By Darren on 03/02/10 17:32 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I am a police officer, and I was issued an '06 impala 3 years ago. I have easily put 2700 hrs sitting, driving, and idling in this car. With stiffer suspension, and different seats this is a stock LT with the 3.9 liter engine. It rocks! I have gone though 3 front brakes, 2 sets of tires and a trany line at 85000 miles. Other than that, I have had nothing but regular oil changes. I drive this car very hard everyday! I still have it, and it has 91000 miles on it. As it is due for retirement very soon, I thought I would give it some props. It still has the giddy-up to get the speeders out there, and I am still comfortable in it. My wife and I are looking to buy one now, great car!!!

Blown head gasket and other issues
By Blown head gasket on 02/23/10 16:42 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

By 64,000 miles experienced the following issues: Blown head gasket, oil pan gasket leaking, Lower trans cooler line leaking, water pump blown, water pump gaskets leaking, and poor GM customer service. Local dealer was somewhat helpful. They did good work on the car. Wish I didn't have to go to them but the car is junk.

No regrets whatsoever.
By Jeremy on 01/15/10 12:14 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my 2007 ltz (3.9 ltr) for about 3 months, and I still look forward to getting in it to go anywhere. Although the gas pedal is a little firm and takes some getting used to, it has plenty of pep and always does what I ask. This car strikes the right balance between sport and luxury - it's tight around corners and comfortable on long trips. Interior controls are well-thought out. I live in WI and it handles very good in the snow for a sedan. Had a minor issue with fuel cap sensor but it was promptly corrected by dealer with no recurrence. Back seats not huge, but fine for our two kids. I previously owned two Luminas and 1 Impala, and this vehicle has not disappointed me at all.

Almost injured our teenager
By lisa frain on 12/17/09 23:31 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I liked a lot about our impala we had a few quirks too. The remote start the tire pressure sensors never worked and after a year the power steering lost it's fluid was fixed by a GM dealer. but the latest was a accident when my daughter was driving the steering failed and she ended up in a ditch. The car a total loss with my child not receiving any injury, but I find this totally unacceptable from a car with less than 42000 miles. It has been maintained and eats oil. I guess that point is moot, because the car is toast. The common thread I see is there. I am upset and angry and can only think of the what ifs My child could have been killed by this failure, Thank God she walked away.

Piece of junk
By Joe Smith on 12/12/09 17:48 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Soon after I bought it the power steering starting leaking and breaking hoses. Rear door wont open. Cant shift out of drive. Key gets stuck in the ignition. Front end feels like its coming apart. Should have been covered under cash for clunkers but presumably it is worth too much.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.