Used 2006 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Performance and value
By JohansenRJ

2006 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Great value and comfortable car. Smooth and powerful. Great exhaust note too. Not a soulless Japanese import, this vehicle has character. Can't get the V8 performance, OnStar, or fun factor on a Camry or Accord. The downside is the fuel economy (the ratings are a joke, 16 city, 24 highway is more realistic)

XM, Onstar with hands free calling, giant trunk

Larger outside rear view mirrors, more reliable tire pressure system.

Black Beauty
By jdcogmon

2006 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This car is fun to drive, large enough to transport 6 people, very quiet for its strength, and comes with onboard keyless remote entry programming built in. I find that when people are not letting others in on the freeway I get in smoothly because the car is full size and the delivery of strength and speed can be accessed easily. Only drawback is gas mileage. The car tells you how many miles you can go before the gas station and when it is best to change the oil.

Onboard keyless remote entry programming built in. Pass III passive theft deterant that also allows you to program the key onboard so that you are not burned by the dealership. Since it is a Chevy I am hoping that the parts for repair wont be outrages if that day comes.

The rear signals should have a distinguishing amber colored light for changing lanes. I find that many people simply think I'm braking when I change lanes instead of signaling to change lanes. More standard amenities for the base LS model. IE My car doesn't start by remote, nor have fog lamps.

Just as good as the imports
By Brian

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Got my 3.9 Impala in July and have had nothing but rave compliments about the interior. My best friend has a 2006 Camry and tells me every time he's in my ride that I have a better looking interior. I love that next gen 3.9L and think if it isn't the best six out there it ranks in the top five. If they slap in that new 6 speed this would be a perfect drive train matching anything foriegn or domestic.

Remote start, I pod input, class leading interior, 3.9L next Gen. Flip and fold seats, driver information panel.

6 speed tranny, adjustable pedals, bluetooth, better side mirrors, longer remote start distance would be nice.

2006 SS
By ssowner

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great vehicle. Still trying to sort out some bugs with the tire monitoring system with the dealer. Warning light on almost every trip. Had troubles with the block heater system, engine falsely recording overheat condition.

XM. 303 horsepower

Seat memory, glove box light, Xenon headlights, sunglass holder, Nav system

Best Car I've Owned
By Kevin

2006 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I had to buy a new vehicle after an accident. I did a lot of research and I had narrowed it down to the Imapla and a Camry. I drove an '07 Impala and decided that was the car (I bought an '06 to get the price break). The LTZ has the 3.9L engine. It is very powerful, even in a car the size of the Impala. The seats are just great. The leather is soft and comforatble. The interior styling is very clean and refreshing. The trunk is huge! I really think GM has gotten much better. They think of little things that you just don't find in other cars like the delayed door locking allowing you to open another door after pushing the lock button. Very nice!

I love the Bose 8-speaker stereo. The tire pressure moniting system is unheard of in a car this price. Standard side impact airbags (not standard for all models). I really like the driver's position and view out the windshield. The driver sits high like I did in my SUV. The oil monitor system.

I can't think of any.