Used 2006 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Impala

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Great Deal
By Joe P.

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased the car just before Thanksgiving to replace the old one that was past its time (the rust finally got to it). Have no complaints or problems with the car. Been getting an average of 25 mpg in the city and on the longer drives right around 29, although I'll admit I'm a a bit of a leadfoot. I'm very pleased with my purchase.

Favorite Features

HVAC system (user friendly), smooth ride, good gas mileage, great safety record, fully capable radio system (mp3 player plug-in and mp3 CD capable), huge trunk, and E85 capable.

Suggested Improvements

Cut down on the high speed wind noise during the next redesign.

My 2006 Impala
By Ralph

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought a used fleet 2006 Impala from Carmax with 7666 miles. I'm thrilled with the car and Carmax. I looked and drove many cars this year mostly via Avis Rental Car while traveling. Malibu and Impala stood out of all other models driven. Almost bought Malibu however found Impala LT with XM radio for less than lowest used malibu price.

Favorite Features

Automatic, 4 door, XM radio, wood grain interior trim.

Suggested Improvements

Cargo net would be better positioned along side of truck. It's in the way in front.

Very Disappointed in the Fuel Mileage
By Joyce

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned 3 Suburbans and still have two of them. The choice to go to a car for fuel mileage brought me to the Impala. It was still a good sized car that was suppose to get 27 mpg and had pretty good safety rating. The mileage has been a huge disappointment. I tell everyone that asks that Chevy states they have all these cars that get 30 mpg but don't believe it. Our local dealer first blamed by tire pressure (it was 1 lb low). Then all they can say is the test were done in a wind tunnel and not in real conditions. I have wrote Chevy and no response. That's customer service. Not sure I will every by Chevy again.

Favorite Features

Heated leather seats.

Suggested Improvements

Why would you only have trunk access from the inside and the remote? What happens if the battery is dead? Only the front drivers door can be opened with a key. In our area we get ice and may need other options.

Nice car with a few quirks
By Johnny

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Love remote start. Engine performance fine (acceleration at all speeds). Mileage decent (wish it were a little better). Handles pretty good. Stay away from the cloth interior. Dash makes some kind of noise (rubbing of some sorts). Seems to happen on bumpy roads. Trunk space nice

Favorite Features

Remote start. Position of radio and cruise controls on steering wheel

Suggested Improvements

Better dash design. Stay away from light color cloth interior

Performance and value
By JohansenRJ

2006 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Great value and comfortable car. Smooth and powerful. Great exhaust note too. Not a soulless Japanese import, this vehicle has character. Can't get the V8 performance, OnStar, or fun factor on a Camry or Accord. The downside is the fuel economy (the ratings are a joke, 16 city, 24 highway is more realistic)

Favorite Features

XM, Onstar with hands free calling, giant trunk

Suggested Improvements

Larger outside rear view mirrors, more reliable tire pressure system.