2006 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Lots of fun
By Russell Giuliano on 08/19/05 14:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Just got a new SS. I went in to look at an old Jaguar, ended up buying new. I love the look of the new Impala (I liked the old one too). I'm getting lots of compliments from co-workers, saying that it looks like a more expensive car than it is.

Awesome
By Alan Schmidt on 08/18/05 14:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have only had my 2006 Impala SS for four days, but wow! The enjoyment of driving a brand new, totally resdeigned car with a V8 that sounds like a lion purring is awesome. The recognition and attention that others have given are great too! This car is a winner and so understated. No problems so far, the dealership has been great and I couldn;t have had a better buying experience. Every day I wake up like it's Christmas morning and I can't wait to drive it!

Impala #1
By susan on 08/17/05 02:58 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Starts easily, excellent low speed pickup, great hi speed overdrive, consistent mileage (25-27). Very nice stereo/cd (easy for non pros to enjoy), quiet inside & out. Comfortable smooth ride except for one place where it vibrates from the road. Very responsive in tight places. Excellent cargo space and accessability. Good long trip car, but maybe a bit more road noise control.

Side impact totaled at 25mph
By Ron on 08/09/05 17:01 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I was hit by a vehicle on the passenger side in a 25mph zone and the car went up on two wheels, a tota ! With only 1,000 miles on it, the vehicle was considered worth only just over $18,000. It listed at over $25,000 three weeks earlier. I would never buy a GM product again, espically since I was nearly killed in this one -- air bags never went off either. GM was less than compasionate!

Intial Thoughts
By Elliot on 08/01/05 18:17 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Picked up my ordered 2006 on Tuesday the 26th so I am not trying to give a detailed review yet, but some intial thoughts after the first week of owning it. I traded a 2004 SS with 9800 miles because I wanted the all new model. The '04 was a great car (no problems) and I sort of wondered if I would be sorry I did a trade. The new style I find more pleasing to me except I am a bit disappointed with the front end design (looks like a large smiling mouth to me). The rear end looks great, and the interior, although still looking less then impressive, is passable. I do have a slight squeak noise in the right front interior somewhere such as possible plastic trim rubbing together. My '04 had a similar noise.

The best ride
By Heath Stanhope on 07/31/05 10:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I also own a minivan, and this car is just as comfortable a ride as the minivan. The trunk is larger than any car I've ever owned, yet the body is designed such that you don't feel as though you're driving grandma's car. It's more like a sports car.

Best car I have owned
By wayne heidt on 07/30/05 13:16 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I had a Monte Carlo (2003), and it was great. But the Impala is a far better vehicle for ride, and the supercharged engine has the power to pass when you want to

Best Car Ever
By Pete on 07/30/05 10:35 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I am thrilled with the new Impala. A way better car than the Ford 500, and performance, fuel efficiency, and interior space are beyond the Camry and Accord. Interior styling fit and finish are awesome and a hugh improvement over prior Impalas and most of the competition. The plant that built it in Canada has the highest qulaity of any auto plant on earth according to JD Power, so I expect a trouble free ownership.

The perfect car
By todd stokes on 07/28/05 09:16 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

The impala is the best car on the market. The impala has head room,leg room,lots of trunk room. I can get in and out of this car with ease no falling out on the ground to get out. It has a great ride easy handling lots of power. It is a great family car for someone also. For the money you can not go wrong with the impala.

Comfy, Roomy, Cool, but not Sexy
By W. Moreno on 07/22/05 05:36 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

People who ride in this car say things like, "I like riding in this. It's not a very good looking car, but it's comfortable". The A/C here in LA is great. The ride is smooth, but not as quiet as I've had it other cars this large. At 30,500 miles, after a 40 mile drive, the engine temp gauge went all the way to the top! It caught me off guard. I turned the heater on, but to no avail. I quickly pulled into a parking lot to check the radiator, and it was fine. Turns out the water pump went out. Thankfully, it was covered under warranty.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.