2006 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Great Car
By oildawg on 09/08/11 10:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Im suprised at all the negative reviews, then again as a former service manager, no I'm not. I bought my Impala brand new & have put over 140k on it with little or no trouble. 1 water pump @ 42k...with dealer assistance, 1 window regulator, and a battery. Ride, drive, and performance is still great. I am a maintenance freak and take great car of my cars, my plan is to give to my son for college and it will have about 180k then. I see no resson why this car wont go 2-300k.

GM left me hanging.
By gmletmedown on 07/25/11 18:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I took my new bride on our honeymoon to Montana this past June (I'm from Arizona). Before leaving, I had the oil changed and had the entire car checked out before I left. As soon as I hit 76,000 (1,000 miles past my extended warranty) the transmission began to slip. I was left stranded and GM refused to help me. I was forced to pay for a local transmission shop to repair the car, luckily for me they seem to have done a good job. I will never buy another GM car. They do not build reliable cars and I have always supported them up until this. Here is a list of other problems that I've had to deal with: 1. I've gone through TWO waterpumps. The first waterpump went out because

Loovvee this car!
By krisevans on 02/11/11 10:58 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

so comfortable; interior is nice; great for road trips! Seats are tall and cause blind spot but you get used to that; sun visors too short-hard to get used to that. Tire Monitor warning has come on since I got this car-off show-room floor and no dealer or mechanic has been able to fix. And it sucks down the oil - but warning light is reliable when it gets 1 quart low. Drives great in bad weather as well. In good weather will give you whip-lash in a second. LOVE this car!

Love My Car
By brianm20nascar on 01/02/11 11:44 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

First up. I'm a mechanic and I've been reading the reviews on here. I love it when people complain about having to do a repair or 2 to their car, then mention it has 96,000 miles on it. This review is also probably coming from the guy who doesn't believe in regular maintenance of a vehicle and spends as little money on it as possible. My 2006 Impala 3.9 LT3 has 26,000 miles on it, and Its one of the better cars I've seen GM make. I have seen NO problems with my car personally. And I take very good care of my car. All options work as expected. and I can start my car from 200 ft away in the house with the remote. Awesome for cold days. 31 mpg at 70 mph on trip to Tennessee. Great Car.

Don't buy an Impala!
By NeverbyeaChevy on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is the worst car I have ever owned. Nonstop problems I don't care if it has warranty or not. Major electrical problems, rear defroster does not work. Have to unplug the radio fuse and plug it back in to have it work. Lights dim while driving. Power Steering problems, heat problems front suspension problems. Even the gas cap does not work. I will never buy another GM product and tell everyone I can about it!

Gotta love Chevy
By impalaman258 on 10/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

i love my PALA i bought it with 53,000 miles and just hit a year owned not to long ago got 82,000. I'm 18 years old and yes sir i do drive everywhere spring break :) my car i guess you can call souped up i have bigger rims 20"s rides fantastic and trans is holding knock on wood i haven't had to many issues just things i broke from mods in the car i have custom duel pipes which makes that 3.5L roar this car a great choice upgrading to Chevy avalanche next year unfortunately. i found out the car has a list from carfax and was smashed in the back which upset me and she still going good.

Great Car
By Matthew on 09/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I bought it used at 12,000 miles, now at 50,000. It has been in two fender benders (other drivers faults) and besides the repair work, has not been in a shop once. On the highway CT to NH, I get 33 miles per gallon there and back at 60 mph. Highway mileage is great, just keep the speed down. Front seats go back far (I am tall) but there is less rear leg room then the 2003 style impala. Tons of rear space when the front seats are push up. Lifetime gas mileage is about 23 mpg. Computer led display is nice, no vents have broke, my driver side floor mat wore out, and has three cigarette lighter jacks. I love the car, and plan on keeping it for years more.

Think twice before you buy
By Jennifer on 09/17/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

2 years ago we purchased a 2006 Chevy Impala. This is by far the worst vehicle I have ever purchased. The car has mechanical malfunctions all the time, some the repair shop could not even figure out. I had to have sensors and other parts replaced well before the time that they should wear out. The paint job is shoddy too. My husband takes very good care of our cars. This Impala has the pin-striping coming off with each wax job. We only use extremely good car care products, like Mothers car wax. I feel the paint job is inferior and not the wax. Not happy I will be paying for this waste of money vehicle for the next 3 years. I have even tried to turn it in as a trade on a different brand

Will never buy another impala
By Kim on 07/31/10 09:22 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I brought this car new and for the first year it was ok. My water pump went out and of course I had to pay three hundred to get it replaced. The car is very cheap made. The cd player doesn't work right. They put all the room in the trunk when they should have put it in the back seat area. The gas mileage is a joke. Why put on paper it gets 31 mpg when they know it doesn't. The only car I ever owned that I hated more was a ford tempo. Don't waste your time or money on this car. Chevrolet really dropped the ball on this car.

Good Quality - Built in Canada
By Preacher on 07/28/10 08:53 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

From day one, this car has performed extremely well. The fit and finished were good and remain so. I have now driven this vehicle over 116,000 km and repair bills have been almost non- existent. It did required a new battery after 90,000 km; but with regular minimal maintenance, accompanied by regular Synthetic Amsoil oil changes and filters, I place it among one of the best cars I have ever owned. When the Lease expired, I bought the vehicle and it is everything I imagined an Oshawa built vehicle to be. Service at Park Lane Motors is excellent and customer oriented. I can hardly wait for the next generation of Impala to come off the Assembly Line; hopefully built in Oshawa, Ontario.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.