Used 2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews - 308 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

A very high quality, high value used car
By robs6wagon

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I just recently purchased a 2006 black SS with every GM option, including the gorgeous black leather seats, XM, 6 disc, Bose, sunroof, etc. The driving experience is nothing short of exhilarating! The ride is very comfortable and smooth, especially for a sport suspension. The lines are beautifully sculpted on this car, both inside and out! The sound of the ultra smooth V8 coming out of those polished exhaust tips is better than many classic hot rods! I am looking forward to many miles of thoroughly enjoyable driving. If you are looking for the ultimate driver's package in a mid/large size sedan, the Impala SS is your car!

Both front seats are powered, and covered in high quality black leather, the perfectly tuned exhaust sound, the lack of any rattles, the simple layout of the interior controls, the awesome look of the skin of this car in black, the many driver's information tools in the car's computer, Bose sound!

Deeper cupholders, better looking plastic on the door panels, sunglasses' holder. Cant think of much else!

Great Impala
By joey s impala

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this Impala LT1 in July '06. It now has 8600 miles and still never went to the dealer for even a minor ajustment or anything. I get 25-26mpg with AC but 33 with AC off. Great gas mileage with like a full size car and great value with the rebates and 5%rebates on the GM card. it was cheap. Mine is white with grey cloth buckets with a rare Bose option and XM radio, flip fold rear seats. Just perfect. Try it, you will like it.

Bose stereo, bucket seats

It's just right

Great car
By Leo

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the LT2 Impala used, with 7000 miles, and have driven 1500 miles so far. The car rides great, gets 30 mpg in combination city/highway, (about 75% highway)which is better than the '02 Nissan Altima 4 cylinder I traded in, can use E85 ethanol, and is a much more comfortable car. Looked at Accord and Camry, but the Impala is a lot more car for the money. I have friends with Hondas and Toyotas, and they are not as trouble free as some would have you think. If you drive as much as I do, and want a solid, cofortable car, with great safety ratings, check out the Impala LT

Smooth running V6, great gas mileage. Comfortable interior, great ride on the highway, good driver info center on the dash. 4 wheel disc brakes with anti lock, side curtain air bags. Huge trunk, solid feel, ability to use E85, logical, intuitive heat and AC controls

Needs better interior lights. This may not be a problem on models without sunroof. Needs glovebox light

Love It
By edwardo

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I was looking for an everyday car for my wife that would be fun for me to drive on nights and weekends! We live in Maine so I decided to rule out the Charger because of rear wheel drive, and the Subaru WRX sti because she will not drive a stick. When we test drove the Impala I couldn't have loved it more. We have over 13,000 miles on the car already and neither of us get bored driving it when we get behind the wheel. The only problems we have had is who gets to drive and how much my replacement tires are going to cost once I burn these up. The remote starter also has malfuctioned and is kinda cheesey. All in all I would recomend it to anyone.

Displacement on demand, 303 hp. Wheels, great leather, inside style, and looking like a sleeper at the line!

Remote car starter. Navigation system. Finger tip shifter or just new shifter. Heads up display, and more hp (super charger)!

Very disappointed
By Lin

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

My Impala LT does not have a split rear seat, therefore, I will not be able to access my cables in the trunk should I have a dead battery. There is no trunk key and the inside trunk release is connected to battery power. Extremely poor design. This is the last GM car I will ever purchase after having GM's for 45 years. Toyota here I come.

Any good features have been overcome by my disappointment with the non-access to trunk with dead battery. I believe that the good features it does have can also be found in other manufacturer's cars.

GM - get your act together.