2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Well done
By Bob on 10/13/05 12:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I've driven my LTZ for a month now. I have great praise for it. Didn't have any of the quality problems mentioned in one of the reviews. Tightly made. Drives well. Great styling. Lots of compliments from the office staff in our lunch excursions. Even got praise from the office Ford fan. I'm getting an overall 24 mpg city and highway mileage.

Love the power!
By Dana Phillips on 10/09/05 00:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The 2006 Impala has quick pick up and power that makes it fun to drive. We love to drive it and the kid's friends think its a cool car.

Little Things
By 2005 Chevy Impala LS on 10/04/05 11:38 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I came from a Suburban to the Impala due to the gas crunch. Big change. The Impala naturally is smaller but does ride well. Better gas mileage for sure. For the money spent, it is a good car and the trunk space is great for all the "little things" that can be put there when traveling.

Excellent redesign!
By Dave in Biloxi, MS on 09/30/05 16:06 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Was very satsified with my '03 Impala LS; lost it to Hurricane Katrina. Was all ready to buy an '06 Hyundai Sonata after test drive and research, but sound system not XM or iPod-ready without major modification yet (XM allegedly ready in Sonata during cal yr '06). Researched new-design '06 Impala as Plan B and decided that upgraded sound system and other LTZ features were worth considering. Have put 200+ miles on my new Impala since taking delivery yesterday and I'm impressed. Choppy low-end gear shifting after first driving off lot (8 mi on odo) cleared up after a few miles break- in. Clean interior and exterior new designs are impressive. Highway cruising is smooth. Love the alloy-trim dash.

Worst car ever
By Driver1 on 09/13/05 18:22 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This is a terrible car. The looks are beautiful, but looks can be deceiving. Several rattles throughout car and horrible wind noise through windows. The back panel vibrates when the back speakers are on and it sounds like blown speakers. I drive about 1000 miles per month (95% highway) and the best I can do at a constant 60 to 65 mph is 22 mpg. Had the car in for warranty problems twice now and I've only had it for 5 days. In that 5 days, have put 1400 miles on it and have decided to trade it off on a Nissan or Toyota. Have had a new GM car every 2 yrs and have watched GMs quality consistently decline. It's time for change. GM is history.

Test drive and see for yourself
By Giza_wuta on 09/11/05 12:02 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

In my opinion, this car is simply awesome. Yes, the exterior can use a little more modification, but it is still a head-turner. Everyone that I've spoke with about it loved it. As far as pure HP, I don't think your gonna beat it with any other sedan on the market. No I haven't purchased a lot of sedan, but this is an animal on the highway. Going 80 mph seems like 50. The ride is smooth. The interior is nice also. Of course, everyone will have something bad to say about everything in life. Great vehicle.

Nice Job Chevrolet
By Steve on 09/11/05 11:01 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

We picked up our Black SS this last week. We're impressed with the car, very quiet, very powerful, and the interior and exterior fit and finish is a huge step up for GM. Love the power and handling. Lots of features for the money such as OnStar, heated seats, Bose sound system, XM radio, leather and power sunroof. Would like rear view mirrors to be larger and Chevrolet to offer a navigation and DVD player as well as auto climate control, but quite nice as is. We like our SS. Compared to Dodge Charger and Ford 500, Ford is underpowered and Dodge, while great HEMI power, lacks fit and finish and refinement of SS. Would like Chevrolet to implement rear drive for next Impala

Hot SS
By Mark on 09/07/05 17:03 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Love the car! Great look, great ride, great performance. Not owned long enough to comment on fuel economy, but hoping it is good also.

Best Impala Ever Built
By Fred Shine on 08/30/05 16:30 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I picked up my new 2006 Impala SS, in August. The new style 2006 Impala SS is the BEST Impala SS ever built so far. Comfort, style, appearence, easy to learn gadgets, fun to drive and outstanding performance. The DOD V8 is fantastic. This 2006 Impala Super Sport is going to be a collectable classic in years to come. It was worth the wait!

The best, fastest, most fun
By masterforklift on 08/27/05 00:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I traded a 2000 Impala for the 06 SS and I am pleased. 0-60 is about 4.5 sec and 60 to 80 is like lightning. I have the full package and am very pleased. Fully satisfied so far. It is a thirsty car but hopefully gas will stabilize

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.