Used 2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Wow! What a Car
By JBHERNANDEZ

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This was my first Impala, and man am I impressed! It has everything you can want in a car, but it also has it under the hood. On a recent trip over the weekend, we drove from LA to San Diego, went sight seeing, and drove back on 1 tank of gas. Our average was 26.75 MPG. For any of you naysayers, who owned one and it had it's issues. Name me one other car that doesn't have that problem. Made in America, and drives like a dream. Chevy has a winner here! If you are thinking of buying one, I would suggest the 3LT, it offers everything you would see in a luxury car for a affordable price.

Favorite Features

All of it it worth the money

Suggested Improvements

Can you give them away.

Sporty Family Car
By coachtwhite

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We have owned this car for a short time, but it has been all that we could have hoped for. It is a good looking and functional family car. Great power for the racer in you!

Favorite Features

Interior design is excellent. Performance of the 3.9 is very nice.

Suggested Improvements

I love it the way it is.

A very high quality, high value used car
By robs6wagon

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I just recently purchased a 2006 black SS with every GM option, including the gorgeous black leather seats, XM, 6 disc, Bose, sunroof, etc. The driving experience is nothing short of exhilarating! The ride is very comfortable and smooth, especially for a sport suspension. The lines are beautifully sculpted on this car, both inside and out! The sound of the ultra smooth V8 coming out of those polished exhaust tips is better than many classic hot rods! I am looking forward to many miles of thoroughly enjoyable driving. If you are looking for the ultimate driver's package in a mid/large size sedan, the Impala SS is your car!

Favorite Features

Both front seats are powered, and covered in high quality black leather, the perfectly tuned exhaust sound, the lack of any rattles, the simple layout of the interior controls, the awesome look of the skin of this car in black, the many driver's information tools in the car's computer, Bose sound!

Suggested Improvements

Deeper cupholders, better looking plastic on the door panels, sunglasses' holder. Cant think of much else!

Great Impala
By joey s impala

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this Impala LT1 in July '06. It now has 8600 miles and still never went to the dealer for even a minor ajustment or anything. I get 25-26mpg with AC but 33 with AC off. Great gas mileage with like a full size car and great value with the rebates and 5%rebates on the GM card. it was cheap. Mine is white with grey cloth buckets with a rare Bose option and XM radio, flip fold rear seats. Just perfect. Try it, you will like it.

Favorite Features

Bose stereo, bucket seats

Suggested Improvements

It's just right

Great car
By Leo

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the LT2 Impala used, with 7000 miles, and have driven 1500 miles so far. The car rides great, gets 30 mpg in combination city/highway, (about 75% highway)which is better than the '02 Nissan Altima 4 cylinder I traded in, can use E85 ethanol, and is a much more comfortable car. Looked at Accord and Camry, but the Impala is a lot more car for the money. I have friends with Hondas and Toyotas, and they are not as trouble free as some would have you think. If you drive as much as I do, and want a solid, cofortable car, with great safety ratings, check out the Impala LT

Favorite Features

Smooth running V6, great gas mileage. Comfortable interior, great ride on the highway, good driver info center on the dash. 4 wheel disc brakes with anti lock, side curtain air bags. Huge trunk, solid feel, ability to use E85, logical, intuitive heat and AC controls

Suggested Improvements

Needs better interior lights. This may not be a problem on models without sunroof. Needs glovebox light