2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
2006 Impala SS
By Rob on 12/01/05 13:14 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Just traded 98 STS that I drove for 140k miles. My new SS has been evrything I expected. Way more fun to drive, plenty of performance but a little short on acessories as compared to the STS. I live in the Northeast so the fwd is necessary, but the torque steer is NOT an issue. Educated drivers paying attention to road conditions will enjoy this vehicle at a very competitive price. Do I miss my 2 driver memory settings and heated rear seats, sure, but I don't miss the service costs that came with the $52k msrp STS. I am enjoying the "sleeper" that this car is when all those soccer Mom's try to pass me on the right. Good Luck!

One fine machine!
By Harun Ar-Rasheed on 11/19/05 08:15 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The 06 Impala SS is a masterpiece in quality and beauty. It was an intoxicating experience from the moment I turned the ignition on for a test drive. This Chevrolet exhumes 100 percent luxury and unimaginable power.

Impala LT-3.9L-Nice ride
By Matt Lark on 11/14/05 16:45 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I just purchased a 2006 Impala LT with the 3.9L engine. This car is suprisingly quiet and rather quick for a V6. The car gets up and goes and I've been able to reach 29MPG on long highway trips(if you keep it at 70). The LT package with the optional 3.9L engine also includes the 17" wheels and real dual exhaust. This package makes the car look rather nice. The interior is great and the auto start standard was a good idea. This car is superior when compared to Accord, Camry, Altima and Ford 500. The LT-3.9L can be purchased for under 24,000 which makes it a great value as well.

So far, so good
By Von NICKLEBERRY on 11/08/05 02:58 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Handles good, nice sounds, OnStar, gas mileage, looks smaller than what it is, trunk space sunroof, tire size. Smoothness!

Great Car
By Angelo on 11/06/05 00:31 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I own a 2002 Impala LS and I just bought this one. What a great car! The ride is smooth and quiet. It handles just great and the features included makes it a great value. Good job Chevy! Drive one, you wil agree.

Love this Car
By mrc on 11/05/05 23:45 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The Impala SS is a solid fun to drive car. Fit and trim are excellent. I love the power and DOD as well. I miss my Trans Am but this car is much more comfortable and practical. It sounds great. All the neighbors had to come see it. Compares favorably against the imports...regards

2006 Impala SS Improved, but .......
By Brett on 11/04/05 14:34 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my SS in October. This is my third Impala and the best by far. I love the car, styling and performance. However, GM can't seem to close the deal on making a car that can compete with the imports. I've always been a fan of GM's powertrains, but to put a 300hp engine to a dated four speed tranny reaks of cutting corners. Torque steer is a problem The interior. I travel 40,000 miles year so I do like creature comforts along with performance. Full intrumentation would be great to match performance of the car. The HVAC controlls are old school (no LED readout for temps, plus clusmsy dials). The cup holders are big enough either Hopefully GM will get up to speed for 2007.

Good for the price
By Misc on 10/19/05 21:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is a car you can enjoy not only driving but playing with as well. Plenty of features and solid performance. Manufacturing quality is much lower compared to competitors, specially on trim and metal sheet finish. "You get what you pay for" Hope that Impala will not have any major mechanical failure.

Well done
By Bob on 10/13/05 12:57 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I've driven my LTZ for a month now. I have great praise for it. Didn't have any of the quality problems mentioned in one of the reviews. Tightly made. Drives well. Great styling. Lots of compliments from the office staff in our lunch excursions. Even got praise from the office Ford fan. I'm getting an overall 24 mpg city and highway mileage.

Love the power!
By Dana Phillips on 10/09/05 00:56 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The 2006 Impala has quick pick up and power that makes it fun to drive. We love to drive it and the kid's friends think its a cool car.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.