Used 2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Good Quality - Built in Canada
By Preacher

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

From day one, this car has performed extremely well. The fit and finished were good and remain so. I have now driven this vehicle over 116,000 km and repair bills have been almost non- existent. It did required a new battery after 90,000 km; but with regular minimal maintenance, accompanied by regular Synthetic Amsoil oil changes and filters, I place it among one of the best cars I have ever owned. When the Lease expired, I bought the vehicle and it is everything I imagined an Oshawa built vehicle to be. Service at Park Lane Motors is excellent and customer oriented. I can hardly wait for the next generation of Impala to come off the Assembly Line; hopefully built in Oshawa, Ontario.

Favorite Features

Driving position, firm ride, good, quick power for a push-rod V6 of its vintage. Well-appointed.

Suggested Improvements

The leather seats could be more comfortable without sacrificing stability of ride, dash layout is not bad but should be improved ergonomically. Heat adjustment controls were improved on later models but is rather "hokey" for this model. Cup holders are too shallow and allow spillage when cornering.

I will own nothing BUT an Impala SS!
By elalewine

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have had my Impala SS for about 2 years now, and love it, love it, love it! It is by far the best vehicle I have ever owned! It has been reliable, comfortable, and fun! I like the sedan look and the interior is also very nice (I love the sunroof). I am at about 27,000 miles and have not had any problems, whatsoever. I am looking at the 2010 Impala SS and can't wait for that to come out! The trunk space surprised me as to how LARGE it was!

Favorite Features

Power, fuel economy, comfort, fold down rear seats, trunk size, automatic rear view mirror dimming - pretty much everything!

Suggested Improvements

If I think of anything, I will be back ;-)

06 Impala LT
By colafontaine

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Impala for 2 years now. bought it with 9,000 miles on it and it now has 38000. I've had many problems with the car SINCE i bought it, and it doesn't look like it's going to stop...first thing, at an unbelievable 17,000 miles, the tie rods and ball joints needed to be replaced. Next was the actuator for the trunk release (took 1 week and 3 actuators to get it solved. there's a noise that sounds like a vacuum leak that the dealers cant figure out whats causing it. Then the tire monitor system. Now there's something wrong w/ the A/C (common problem) that's making it click at random. The heater doesn't work...I've taken care of it, and it was a dealer car before me.

Favorite Features

it is fun to drive, remote start, and the fact that it probably will run forever. it will run crappy with a lot of the electrical issues, but it will last.

Suggested Improvements

It simply needs to be built better.

Could be better but age has something to do with that.
By markb873

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased a 2006 Impala in December of 2012 at 67,000 miles. Pulled the service history from Chevy and found no major issues in the vehicle's past. Someone ripped the connector off the rear window defrost so that needed to be re-attached. This Impala had the factory fluid in the transmission causing the delayed shift issue common to these. Managed to eliminate that with a few transmission flushes, additives, and filter changes. Had to replace the lower intake gaskets as the engine was leaking coolant internally. Somebody tried to fix that with a few bottles of stop leak so the coolant looked like mud. Head gaskets have some external oil leaks but I haven't replaced them yet.

Favorite Features

Remote Start. Oil Life monitor. Compass.

Suggested Improvements

Holy Gaskets.....GM needs to improve gaskets. Transmission improvements need to be made as well. They destroy the fluid and turn it to sludge. Similar Toyota transmissions seem to get double the life from the fluid.

Great car
By mopardave

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have 260 000 km on the car. The car still runs great. The low oil pressure warning came on, mine was easy fix, changed the switch ($37) and thermostat (run hot, ac off warning) replaced. I hope to get to 400000km. Everything still works well and it drives like the day I bought it.