Used 2006 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Chevy showing its true colors!
By natron2

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After having put over 15,000mi on my '06 SS, I have a few amendments to make to my original review. The power from the Bose speakers is causing an obnoxious buzz in the sheet metal in back. The tire pressure monitoring system is hypersensitive and alerts me when the cold weather makes the air less dense. The grounding cables on that system have been replaced once and need it again. The seat pads have further compressed and become less comfortable causing me to buy a memory foam cushion and if it weren't for the power and looks, I would have traded at 10,000mi. I'm still impressed with the fuel economy after all these miles but I look forward to my next car which will not be a GM product

Bose is good. Goodyear Eagles offer good snow and water traction. Car looks good with 7-window tint. Remote start is nice in Michigan winter. Acceleration and exhaust note. Good mileage: 20 to 26 mpg on 87 octane fuel.

GM needs to get real about their car lines. They stepped up in offering the extra warranty but why not just do it right the first time. The Silverado, Sierra, Acadia, and Outlook show promise for GM's future but I have to say that I won't be buying from GM for a while.

Wow! What a Car
By JBHERNANDEZ

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This was my first Impala, and man am I impressed! It has everything you can want in a car, but it also has it under the hood. On a recent trip over the weekend, we drove from LA to San Diego, went sight seeing, and drove back on 1 tank of gas. Our average was 26.75 MPG. For any of you naysayers, who owned one and it had it's issues. Name me one other car that doesn't have that problem. Made in America, and drives like a dream. Chevy has a winner here! If you are thinking of buying one, I would suggest the 3LT, it offers everything you would see in a luxury car for a affordable price.

All of it it worth the money

Can you give them away.

Sporty Family Car
By coachtwhite

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We have owned this car for a short time, but it has been all that we could have hoped for. It is a good looking and functional family car. Great power for the racer in you!

Interior design is excellent. Performance of the 3.9 is very nice.

I love it the way it is.

A very high quality, high value used car
By robs6wagon

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I just recently purchased a 2006 black SS with every GM option, including the gorgeous black leather seats, XM, 6 disc, Bose, sunroof, etc. The driving experience is nothing short of exhilarating! The ride is very comfortable and smooth, especially for a sport suspension. The lines are beautifully sculpted on this car, both inside and out! The sound of the ultra smooth V8 coming out of those polished exhaust tips is better than many classic hot rods! I am looking forward to many miles of thoroughly enjoyable driving. If you are looking for the ultimate driver's package in a mid/large size sedan, the Impala SS is your car!

Both front seats are powered, and covered in high quality black leather, the perfectly tuned exhaust sound, the lack of any rattles, the simple layout of the interior controls, the awesome look of the skin of this car in black, the many driver's information tools in the car's computer, Bose sound!

Deeper cupholders, better looking plastic on the door panels, sunglasses' holder. Cant think of much else!

Great Impala
By joey s impala

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this Impala LT1 in July '06. It now has 8600 miles and still never went to the dealer for even a minor ajustment or anything. I get 25-26mpg with AC but 33 with AC off. Great gas mileage with like a full size car and great value with the rebates and 5%rebates on the GM card. it was cheap. Mine is white with grey cloth buckets with a rare Bose option and XM radio, flip fold rear seats. Just perfect. Try it, you will like it.

Bose stereo, bucket seats