2006 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews 28

2006 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Performance of dream.
By jmatta on 12/06/05 02:20 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I am very please with the performance on my Impala SS.The power on take off is so inviting and tempting, (I may say) to break the traffics law giving you that Jekyl and Hyde personality battle. I have to admit it feel so good to turn it loose once in awhile and I am just glad I had not been caught up with yet.It does not end there,at cruising speed the transformation comes back,you could only heplessly wacht once again how you end up giving in to temptation so just go ahead enjoy the rush!

Excellent Car... I love it!!!
By Wags on 12/05/05 19:59 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Love the car!!! First drive and I was sold. Wish it was rear wheel drive and in stick, however, it is still a lot of fun to drive and very enjoyable. I love the V8 and I average 27-29 mpg going 72mph. Love it. Handles not too bad for a bigger car, has a little of pull when on the gas hard, but to be expected out of a FWD car. No complaints! Awesome build quality! GM has a big winner!!!

The Impala is back
By Mike Davenport on 12/04/05 08:19 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Finally, I can buy an Impala I'm not ashamed of. The new 2006 is awesome. It handles great. Is comfortable on a long trip. Has plenty of room. and the fuel economy for a large car is great. The first week I had the car I drove on a 600 mile trip each way. It was more comfortable than the Chrysler 300 & TownCar I rented for another recent trip. This is the real deal finally for Cheverolet.

2006 Impala SS
By Rob on 12/01/05 13:14 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Just traded 98 STS that I drove for 140k miles. My new SS has been evrything I expected. Way more fun to drive, plenty of performance but a little short on acessories as compared to the STS. I live in the Northeast so the fwd is necessary, but the torque steer is NOT an issue. Educated drivers paying attention to road conditions will enjoy this vehicle at a very competitive price. Do I miss my 2 driver memory settings and heated rear seats, sure, but I don't miss the service costs that came with the $52k msrp STS. I am enjoying the "sleeper" that this car is when all those soccer Mom's try to pass me on the right. Good Luck!

One fine machine!
By Harun Ar-Rasheed on 11/19/05 08:15 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The 06 Impala SS is a masterpiece in quality and beauty. It was an intoxicating experience from the moment I turned the ignition on for a test drive. This Chevrolet exhumes 100 percent luxury and unimaginable power.

Impala LT-3.9L-Nice ride
By Matt Lark on 11/14/05 16:45 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I just purchased a 2006 Impala LT with the 3.9L engine. This car is suprisingly quiet and rather quick for a V6. The car gets up and goes and I've been able to reach 29MPG on long highway trips(if you keep it at 70). The LT package with the optional 3.9L engine also includes the 17" wheels and real dual exhaust. This package makes the car look rather nice. The interior is great and the auto start standard was a good idea. This car is superior when compared to Accord, Camry, Altima and Ford 500. The LT-3.9L can be purchased for under 24,000 which makes it a great value as well.

So far, so good
By Von NICKLEBERRY on 11/08/05 02:58 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Handles good, nice sounds, OnStar, gas mileage, looks smaller than what it is, trunk space sunroof, tire size. Smoothness!

Great Car
By Angelo on 11/06/05 00:31 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I own a 2002 Impala LS and I just bought this one. What a great car! The ride is smooth and quiet. It handles just great and the features included makes it a great value. Good job Chevy! Drive one, you wil agree.

Love this Car
By mrc on 11/05/05 23:45 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The Impala SS is a solid fun to drive car. Fit and trim are excellent. I love the power and DOD as well. I miss my Trans Am but this car is much more comfortable and practical. It sounds great. All the neighbors had to come see it. Compares favorably against the imports...regards

2006 Impala SS Improved, but .......
By Brett on 11/04/05 14:34 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought my SS in October. This is my third Impala and the best by far. I love the car, styling and performance. However, GM can't seem to close the deal on making a car that can compete with the imports. I've always been a fan of GM's powertrains, but to put a 300hp engine to a dated four speed tranny reaks of cutting corners. Torque steer is a problem The interior. I travel 40,000 miles year so I do like creature comforts along with performance. Full intrumentation would be great to match performance of the car. The HVAC controlls are old school (no LED readout for temps, plus clusmsy dials). The cup holders are big enough either Hopefully GM will get up to speed for 2007.