Used 2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Great Car - Fun to Drive
By Henderson

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first Chevrolet and my first GM product since having complete disappointment in a 1990 Pontiac Grand Am. Chevy has hit the mark with this car. It's fun to drive and very comfortable. The 3.9L engine has plenty of pickup but you lose mpg as a result. Overall, I get about 23 mpg which is still pretty good. The only thing that is annoying is a clicking noise that comes and goes. The service department has not been able to identify where it is coming from.

Favorite Features

Exterior looks, comfort, acceleration.

Suggested Improvements

Fix the clicking noise.

Awesome Car
By meat4mad

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I have nothing but great things to say about this car. My SS Impala gets great gas mileage, turns heads, and continues to see many compliments on the style of the car. Many mechanics can't believe that a 5.3L V-8 can fit into a car with front wheel drive! It shocks the heck out of them!

Favorite Features

The Bose car stereo system is one my favorite features. The system produces clear sound, thumping bass and is comparable with most after-market stereos.

Suggested Improvements

No improvements in my opinion! I can't wait for the 2009 Impala so I can go and buy that!

My 3rd Impala
By crewzn

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This is my 3rd Chevy Impala. I am normally a truck type of girl, but in 2000 my husband took me to see a red Impala LS at 9pm on my birthday! I fell in love with it, bought it next day. I then up graded to a fully loaded LS in 2002 (also red) with sunroof and all extras. In 2005 he talked me into a GMC crew cab tk, that lasted until I drove a 2006 Impala LTZ (white this time...didnt like red that year) bought it in June '06. Absolutely love it. I have taken it on road trips to Portland, OR, several trips to Branson, MO and at least 3 to Wichita, Ks. Car now has 14500 miles and still rides awsome. Note... K&N airfilter helped with my gas mileage and take off quite a bit.

Favorite Features

Remote start, Bose radio, heated mirrors and seats. Love the 3.9. The large trunk is great for my traveling. extra storage under seats

Suggested Improvements

Cup holders in rear of console for backseat passengers when there are 3 people and you can't fold down center. Front/rear air and radio (for kids) would be great!

My 1st Chevy
By Houston

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I was looking to replace my Mazda6 with something more grown-up, safer, quieter, roomier, that had some heft to the controls. I like the more solid feeling structure the Impala provides compared to my Mazda and most Japanese cars, I don't need nor want feather weight doors that close at the slightest blowing of the wind or overbearing road noise, you the kind you only learn about from taking a roadtrip.

Favorite Features

Quietness, roominess, stereo with info, sat radio, standard ABS, traction control and side curtain bags, smooth powerful v6

Suggested Improvements

Ability to lock the trunk so that your valuables are safe in the event the car is broken into and stability control.

Chevy showing its true colors!
By natron2

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

After having put over 15,000mi on my '06 SS, I have a few amendments to make to my original review. The power from the Bose speakers is causing an obnoxious buzz in the sheet metal in back. The tire pressure monitoring system is hypersensitive and alerts me when the cold weather makes the air less dense. The grounding cables on that system have been replaced once and need it again. The seat pads have further compressed and become less comfortable causing me to buy a memory foam cushion and if it weren't for the power and looks, I would have traded at 10,000mi. I'm still impressed with the fuel economy after all these miles but I look forward to my next car which will not be a GM product

Favorite Features

Bose is good. Goodyear Eagles offer good snow and water traction. Car looks good with 7-window tint. Remote start is nice in Michigan winter. Acceleration and exhaust note. Good mileage: 20 to 26 mpg on 87 octane fuel.

Suggested Improvements

GM needs to get real about their car lines. They stepped up in offering the extra warranty but why not just do it right the first time. The Silverado, Sierra, Acadia, and Outlook show promise for GM's future but I have to say that I won't be buying from GM for a while.