2006 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Great Car
By deminin on 12/29/05 15:36 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

We have had our '06 LTZ for about 3 months now, and it has been flawless. The more we drive this car, the better we like it. The build quality is excellent, the ride is firm, but not harsh, gas mileage is acceptable, and improving. The Bose radio is outstanding, and the car is very quiet, even at highway speeds. I would have to call this car an outstanding value for the money in todays car market.

2006 Impala SS
By SVB on 12/28/05 16:57 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Just got my Impala SS 5days ago and have been driving it constantly...I'm on vacation. I find the power unbelievable, love the exterior and interior, and am loving driving it. It has been fun learning how to work and program all the toys that are standard as well as all the optional equipment I got with the car. I love the car and would recommend it to anyone interrested in purchasing a full size performance sedan.

New Impala is HOT
By Ken on 12/28/05 15:49 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

This 2006 SS Impala is just what I was looking for. It has plenty of power and gets reasonable gas mileage with the DOD system about 18 MPG in city driving. The head room is perfect for the tall person and leg room is great. The trunk is big enough for four sets of golf clubs. If you want power and a full size car this one is mucher hotter then the Cadilac STS for a lot less money.

Rocket!
By cowman on 12/27/05 20:25 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

if you are considering this SS....buy it...buy it...love the car, nice rumble at all times. is sneaky fast you will definetly have watch the speedometer, 80 mph comes on quickly, my wife even likes it. Fuel economy with my lead foot to 60 every time,he he he, very acceptable 18 or so, DOD is not even noticeable, there should be a warning sticker that says "2 hands on the wheel" mash the gas, 2 hands or hit the ditch.....some call it torque steer, I call it too much engine on good tires.

Love The Ride......Hate the Gas Mileage
By yesman85 on 12/26/05 17:00 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Have had the Impala SS since November and love the performance and ride of the vehicle. However, I'm really disappointed in the gas mileage as I'm only averaging 19.2 mpg. Also, the torque steering does take some getting used to. Was also suprised that the owner's manual suggests using premium grade gasoline.

Impala SS
By dcitron on 12/24/05 13:40 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

It has all the bells and whistles. A great car to have and drive. Only one in Greensboro NC. But it is a gas guzzler.14 to 15 mpg .

I love it
By Martina on 12/06/05 03:09 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I picked up my 2006 Chevy Impala LTZ last week and I just love this car. The ride is very smooth, acceleration is excellent, it's very quiet and handles very well. No rattles or loud wind noises. The interior is perfect for my taste. I can see and reach all the buttons with no problems. I think it's great that the radio controls are also on the steering wheel. I love the size of the trunk and the flip and fold seats are so easy to use. I have more than enough space in this car. The built in phone is great, too. Overall I love this car and I'm very happy I bought it.

Performance of dream.
By jmatta on 12/06/05 02:20 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I am very please with the performance on my Impala SS.The power on take off is so inviting and tempting, (I may say) to break the traffics law giving you that Jekyl and Hyde personality battle. I have to admit it feel so good to turn it loose once in awhile and I am just glad I had not been caught up with yet.It does not end there,at cruising speed the transformation comes back,you could only heplessly wacht once again how you end up giving in to temptation so just go ahead enjoy the rush!

Excellent Car... I love it!!!
By Wags on 12/05/05 19:59 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Love the car!!! First drive and I was sold. Wish it was rear wheel drive and in stick, however, it is still a lot of fun to drive and very enjoyable. I love the V8 and I average 27-29 mpg going 72mph. Love it. Handles not too bad for a bigger car, has a little of pull when on the gas hard, but to be expected out of a FWD car. No complaints! Awesome build quality! GM has a big winner!!!

The Impala is back
By Mike Davenport on 12/04/05 08:19 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Finally, I can buy an Impala I'm not ashamed of. The new 2006 is awesome. It handles great. Is comfortable on a long trip. Has plenty of room. and the fuel economy for a large car is great. The first week I had the car I drove on a 600 mile trip each way. It was more comfortable than the Chrysler 300 & TownCar I rented for another recent trip. This is the real deal finally for Cheverolet.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.