Used 2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews - 308 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Try It You'll Like It!
By Michelle

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I would recommend this car for anyone who wants a luxury car at a very affordable price. It looks and drives great, and we haven't had even a little problem with it. It hasn't been back to the dealer. We purchased the SS with leather seats and they are extremely comfortable. It should be called a large car because there is plenty of room inside and the size takes a bit of getting used to if you have been driving a smaller car. The only complaint I have is the gas mileage which is not what I expected since the sticke said it should get 28 mpg on the highway and the best we have ever gotten is 25 going 70 on the interstate with the cruise on. The 2008 now shows 16-24 which is much more accurate

Quality, comfort, and inside room. GM is doing it right!

Fuel economy rating, which it seems GM has corrected on the 2008.

Fun to drive
By Anne

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Impala. While disappointed with the gas mileage (21 Hwy), it is fun to drive. Great pickup and steering. I upgraded to a sunroof, and the digital dash is easy to read and access. It's comfortable for me at 5'5" as well as my 6 ft husband. Lots of room inside and a huge trunk. A really fun car to drive.

Sunroof is great in the summer. Digital dash is easy to read. Radio and cruise controls on the steering wheel are easy to reach but not in the way.

Better gas mileage would be great. A little more head room too.

Leave 'em in the dust
By Erik

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I'll say it once. Whiplash. I had a Dodge Intrepid ES that didn't come close to my Chevy. The interior is simple but accommodating. Easy to see controls. Sunroof is farther back in the roof than other cars, but is a nice option. 0-60 was 6.1 compared to the 6.5 promised. I took it on the track and topped it off at 146 mph. Needless to say the gas mileage is less than appealing. I drive a lot of city miles and it averages 15 mpg. Plenty of room for all and a great sized trunk. Keep battery back up for keyless entry due to the lack of a trunk keyhole. I looked at many cars and trucks and would go back and change it for the world. Looking forward to leaving the others in my dust.

Remote starter. V8 engine strengh. Leather seats. Everything. Too much to list.

Gas mileage. Sunroof placement. Trunk keyhole. Ahhh forget it, it's all good.

Work to be done
By patrick sullivan

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Overall not bad. I really can't get past the blind spots. Drive is nice. The plastic on the inside needs to go.

Remote start and climate control and the many messages. If something is wrong the computer lets you know. I feel very safe. Also like the oil life system.

I do not like that when I look over my shoulder to change lanes I cannot see traffic well at all, huge blind spot. Also looking straight ahead at my gauges, the steering wheel blocks my view of the gas gauge.

A Disappointment
By Kenboiler

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is basic, cheap, full-sized transportation. You get what you pay for. It gets really poor gas mileage as compared to the promise. Lots of road noise. Cheap Goodyear Infinity OEM tires. No cupholders in the back. No trunk access with a key. Absolutely no pizazz. I haven't had a major problem, which is what's important, but it's no wonder that Toyota is beating GM. I had a Suzuki before this and it was too small. I corrected that problem, but everything else has been a step down.

Size-to-price. Apparent reliability

Better gas mileage. Truthful gas mileage predictions. Trunk access with a key. Better OEM tires. Cupholders in the rear. A more quiet ride.