2006 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews 26

2006 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Chevy 06 SS
By TK on 01/14/06 11:46 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Great car. Black on Black. I get questions and comments about it all the time. It is fun to drive with excellent acceleration when you want it! I get about 20 MPG.

New Impala better than ever
By jad22nd on 01/13/06 20:28 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I traded my 2001 Impala in on a 2006 Impala 2LT. Black w/ ebony cloth interior. The new impala has much better interior dash materials and looks alot better too. The new audio and climate controls are easy to read and understand the the dash is backlit very well.

No Trunk Access If Battery Dies
By Alfred Refice on 01/13/06 14:50 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After I purchased the Impala, I found that the only way to open the trunk was the remote on the key-fob or a button on the dash - both of which are useless if the main car battery dies. The owner's manual says if the battery dies the owner could access the trunk if a fold down rear seat is available. The base model LS does not have a fold-down rear seat, therefore, if the battery dies then all items in the trunk (such as jumper cables) are inaccessible.

The SS is Back
By DSP on 01/12/06 23:15 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Chevy is on the right track this car deserves the SS tag. This car is such an upgrade I traded in my 2003 LS model to be driving the SS again. The car has great power. The options available with it fully loaded are plenty for most people, and the best part is they have managed to keep it at a low price point compared to other luxury sedans. After comparing to many, the SS stands up to ones that are much higher priced. They body is sleek and the interior as well is classy with great controls and availability. For those who knock the gas mileage (which is not that bad) should not buy a V8. You pay a little for the power and know that going in. This is as happy as I've been since my old 64 SS.

'06 Impala, the best yet
By L Johnson on 01/12/06 20:03 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Purchased this vehicle in September '05. My wife & I may keep this vehicle FOREVER. It's FUN (a little torque steer on hard accel can be forgiven & easy to get used to), Laser Blue is BEAUTIFUL; lots of looks & comments; all good+. It can get good gas mileage but it's hard not to 'jump on it' once in awhile which doesn't help mileage. Engine & exhaust sound fabulous. My brother purchased a new Mustang GT (which is also fun to drive) but he & I both prefere the SS if you are driving any distance. I would rate the Bose sound system at an 8 (very good, not great). More fun to listen to the exhaust sound (especially with the sunroof open but OK without).

Pretty good so far!
By Lynn F1 on 01/12/06 17:15 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

The interior is much what I expected. The V8 and associated rumble are great! I'm not impressed with the handling or braking, but I'm kinda chalking that up to its being "just another Impala" - I don't mind terribly. It's fascinating to watch the driver display go from 4cyl to 8cyl. XM Radio is pretty cool, as are the 36! presets. Ditto moonroof, OnStar, steering wheel controls. Can't stand the auto door locks.

Impala
By tom jenkins on 01/10/06 18:57 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have enjoyed everything about my new Impala. It rides smooth, accelerates when I need, and is an eye catcher. All my neighbors were impressed.

Great car
By rj on 01/10/06 15:43 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Great car love the fact that it runs on gas or E85. The DIC is a very nice feature. Very quite and smooth at all speeds.

Disappointed
By Marlene on 01/08/06 20:52 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Having owned the 2000 Impala I was excited about the new body style of the 2006. While I enjoy the comfort of the car and the drive performance, I have experienced nothing but problems with the ABS/Traction Control System. I have been back and forth to the dealership at least five times and they have replaced the electronic braking module and the rear wheel harness attempting to remedy the problem. To no avail the problem is still occuring intermittently. I love my car, but I hate the problems that I am experiencing. Looks like I will have to trade it in sooner rather than later. Looks like GM is going to lose a valuable customer.

Impala
By DavidJump on 01/05/06 11:08 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

Performance is excellent. I hit 80 before I realized it. It felt like I was at 60, given noise and road feel. Gas mileage for the trip from Dover, Delaware to Somerville New Jersey was very close to 30 MPG. In fact it exceeded the EPA estimate of 27 MPG for that vehicle. Build quality, fit and finish is clearly equal or superior to any similarly priced import. This car has the leather seats, which are very comfortable. The quality of workmanship from design to engineering to assembly and dealer prep that went into this car is impressive. The trunk is large and well thought out. Hardware is out of the way, so it doesn't interfere with cargo or luggage. To summarize - WOW!!!!!!