2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
06 Impala LT
By colafontaine on 04/07/12 14:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Impala for 2 years now. bought it with 9,000 miles on it and it now has 38000. I've had many problems with the car SINCE i bought it, and it doesn't look like it's going to stop...first thing, at an unbelievable 17,000 miles, the tie rods and ball joints needed to be replaced. Next was the actuator for the trunk release (took 1 week and 3 actuators to get it solved. there's a noise that sounds like a vacuum leak that the dealers cant figure out whats causing it. Then the tire monitor system. Now there's something wrong w/ the A/C (common problem) that's making it click at random. The heater doesn't work...I've taken care of it, and it was a dealer car before me.

06 Impala SS
By eeterson on 02/19/12 09:49 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Bought this car used with 60,000 miles. I ignored the fact I test drove it with check engine light and warning lights. Wanted this great looking big engine fueled car. Used car dealer turned the car over with all issues "fixed." Light came back on, transmission needed to be rebuilt. Dealer fixed that, had to fix trunk release issue. Power door locks stopped working. Sensors were going through the six months I had this car. Lots of little annoying things. Unreliable car but FUN TO DRIVE. Loved the power. And for all its flaws it was safe. I ended up rolling this thing pretty badly, totaled the car. Walked away uninjured.

1st New Car in 27 Years
By south59 on 12/21/11 18:25 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After waiting 27 years i was able to obtain this beautiful car after carefull Prayer and Consideration the Good Lord Blessed me once again with this Elagant automoble,Praise the Lord indeed its a Godsend this car is!!!Merry Christmas from the Lord our God and Praise his name,Tim.

Wow! A great Car!
By jeffroberge11 on 12/21/11 08:10 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have this car since august 2010! And since this day, I'm fully satisfied of this car! The consommation is really great for a car of this size! And the trunk is incredible! I can put everything inside! Well I have only good this to say about this car!

Very cheaply built car - very poor quality.
By swannee1948 on 12/05/11 11:44 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the 2006 Chevy Impala Ltz recently from a dealership in Iowa. The car had only 33,500 miles on it -- thus I thought that it would be an excellent buy & value for the money. Mechanically the car is fine - the 3.9 L - 6 cylinder engine performs very well. The heater does not work properly . The heater takes forever to kick in & generate warm / hot air -- the heater works fine when driving. The heater does not work when sitting idling in traffic - blows cold air. The rear window defroster does not work at all. The quality of the interior is horrendous -- very cheap. Squeaks, creaks & rattles all over - especially in the dash panel. Very poor craftsmanship

Bad Engine
By bagley3 on 12/01/11 09:43 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2006 and it only has 60,067 miles on it and the engine sezied up. of course it had to it when the warrenty ran out

Expen$$$$ive repairs imminent, traded it in
By steve395 on 10/23/11 12:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2006 Impala in 2007. I was originally drawn to its style, power, comfort, very quiet ride, etc. I got a good price for it because it was a former rental. I bought it with 28,000 miles and traded it in at 99,600. In between that time it was pretty reliable. Right after the warranty ran out, I had problems with the steering system popping.I began to notice other problems at 75,000. The paint had the durability of nail polish. The driver's side visor hung down. I never could get the brakes to stop pulsating despite changing rotors. Random warning lights came on. Finally - no heat at idle. Head gaskets. Dealer wanted $1,900 to fix.

Great Car
By oildawg on 09/08/11 10:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Im suprised at all the negative reviews, then again as a former service manager, no I'm not. I bought my Impala brand new & have put over 140k on it with little or no trouble. 1 water pump @ 42k...with dealer assistance, 1 window regulator, and a battery. Ride, drive, and performance is still great. I am a maintenance freak and take great car of my cars, my plan is to give to my son for college and it will have about 180k then. I see no resson why this car wont go 2-300k.

GM left me hanging.
By gmletmedown on 07/25/11 18:33 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I took my new bride on our honeymoon to Montana this past June (I'm from Arizona). Before leaving, I had the oil changed and had the entire car checked out before I left. As soon as I hit 76,000 (1,000 miles past my extended warranty) the transmission began to slip. I was left stranded and GM refused to help me. I was forced to pay for a local transmission shop to repair the car, luckily for me they seem to have done a good job. I will never buy another GM car. They do not build reliable cars and I have always supported them up until this. Here is a list of other problems that I've had to deal with: 1. I've gone through TWO waterpumps. The first waterpump went out because

Loovvee this car!
By krisevans on 02/11/11 10:58 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

so comfortable; interior is nice; great for road trips! Seats are tall and cause blind spot but you get used to that; sun visors too short-hard to get used to that. Tire Monitor warning has come on since I got this car-off show-room floor and no dealer or mechanic has been able to fix. And it sucks down the oil - but warning light is reliable when it gets 1 quart low. Drives great in bad weather as well. In good weather will give you whip-lash in a second. LOVE this car!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.