2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
1001.1
By dwilcox on 04/08/14 20:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

i wrote a reveiw back in 2010,the car had 93,000 miles, it now has 194,000 miles,still runs good,uses a little oil,have'nt changed the brakes or the spark plugs yet. did have to replace the passenger side wheel bearing hub assy. and the water pump and the tie rod ends . i did all of this myself. i need the driver door window regulator replaced.once i awhile the low oil pressure light comes on at start up,i just shut off the motor and re-start and it does'nt come back on. the a/c vent door clicks too but goes away.otherwise it runs good and i average 25 miles to the gallon. and i own it now . feels good.

Could be better but age has something to do with that.
By markb873 on 08/17/13 19:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased a 2006 Impala in December of 2012 at 67,000 miles. Pulled the service history from Chevy and found no major issues in the vehicle's past. Someone ripped the connector off the rear window defrost so that needed to be re-attached. This Impala had the factory fluid in the transmission causing the delayed shift issue common to these. Managed to eliminate that with a few transmission flushes, additives, and filter changes. Had to replace the lower intake gaskets as the engine was leaking coolant internally. Somebody tried to fix that with a few bottles of stop leak so the coolant looked like mud. Head gaskets have some external oil leaks but I haven't replaced them yet.

Good but not great
By jzinger34 on 02/28/13 06:44 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car brand new in 2006 and have been pleased. I now have 125,000 miles on the car but not without complaints. I have had a check engine light for months because of valve on the top of the gas tank. $300 in labor to fix $10 part. I had to have gasket on oil filter mount replaced. $5 gasket, $140 labor! The electrical system is much to be desired. I got the premium BOSE system in the car but only certain speakers work at certain times. Mostly just rear speakers, sometimes just fronts, sometimes speakers on right side. As of this morning, the transmission started shifting hard. I am pretty worried after reading all the tranny reviews on here.

Expen$$$$ive repairs imminent, traded it in
By steve395 on 10/23/11 12:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2006 Impala in 2007. I was originally drawn to its style, power, comfort, very quiet ride, etc. I got a good price for it because it was a former rental. I bought it with 28,000 miles and traded it in at 99,600. In between that time it was pretty reliable. Right after the warranty ran out, I had problems with the steering system popping.I began to notice other problems at 75,000. The paint had the durability of nail polish. The driver's side visor hung down. I never could get the brakes to stop pulsating despite changing rotors. Random warning lights came on. Finally - no heat at idle. Head gaskets. Dealer wanted $1,900 to fix.

Don't buy an Impala!
By NeverbyeaChevy on 11/14/10 00:00 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

This is the worst car I have ever owned. Nonstop problems I don't care if it has warranty or not. Major electrical problems, rear defroster does not work. Have to unplug the radio fuse and plug it back in to have it work. Lights dim while driving. Power Steering problems, heat problems front suspension problems. Even the gas cap does not work. I will never buy another GM product and tell everyone I can about it!

Gotta love Chevy
By impalaman258 on 10/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

i love my PALA i bought it with 53,000 miles and just hit a year owned not to long ago got 82,000. I'm 18 years old and yes sir i do drive everywhere spring break :) my car i guess you can call souped up i have bigger rims 20"s rides fantastic and trans is holding knock on wood i haven't had to many issues just things i broke from mods in the car i have custom duel pipes which makes that 3.5L roar this car a great choice upgrading to Chevy avalanche next year unfortunately. i found out the car has a list from carfax and was smashed in the back which upset me and she still going good.

2006 Impala water pump going out
By LT2 on 06/21/10 11:13 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I enjoy my 2006 Impala. Unhappy with a water pump going out at 80,000 miles. That's just not right. Also, had to replace gas cap and some gas sensor. That's just not right either. Those things should be under some kind of warranty/recall.

Great value From Gm
By Ricky Powell on 06/18/10 22:10 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have found car to be solid air and road noise minimal good pick up for 3.5 v-6 and in my opinion Chevy has definitely closed any gap in quality there was and mine is 2006. I can't wait until the next generation Impalas hit the road look for it!

I was told it had 1001 improvements
By clint on 05/19/10 12:12 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it new, it has 93,000+ miles, 3rd day the traction control light came on, it was a loose pvc connection at valve cover, not long after that the courtesy lights on the rear view mirror and trunk quit working, didn't care, the steering tilt lever falls out, didn't care about that either, the brakes haven't been serviced yet, theyr'e still good, but there's a good vibration when braking especially from highway speeds, don't care about that, the transmission started to slip and clunk into gear about 10,000 miles ago, I'm kind of worried about that, it goes away after it warms up, there's oil leaking from somewhere above the oil filter, it runs good though, I would say it needed more than 1001 improvements

Glad but sad
By ltbiblis on 05/11/10 23:25 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the car when it had 20k miles on it as certified used from Chevy dealer in 2006. first 3 years it ran great other than steering issues which apparently all Chevys have according to dealer? now it is 2010 and i have 81k on the car. I had dealer perform all scheduled maintenance every month. now I have a ton of problems. steering still loose, brake rotors warped, brake pads shot, engine overheating, remote entry only works within 5 ft, heater core not working, head gasket needs replaced, transmission slipping, engine spurts during highway travel, had to flush coolant and put green coolant in as dexcool is bad. this is costing me over 3K and car only worth 6k. last Chevy for me!

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.