2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Never again
By emm4 on 08/04/13 08:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I made the biggest mistake ever in buying this car. I bought it from someone I didn't know well. He told me it might need brakes. Ok I accept that. I take the car to a delership. It neeed rotars, a tirod end and a new battery. But supposedly nothing serious. I get those issues fixed. I went on vacation with my family a couple hours away from home. Fine all the way up there and during my trip. On my way home. Right before we hit the E-way it starts acting funny. Then it died. I had it towed to a dealership. Turns out it has motor problems like it needs a new engine!!! Because of a crack or something deep inside the motor. I had to have it towed home. 180 miles!!!

Don/t buy it.
By ellenmd on 03/04/13 09:59 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car 2 years ago and I have had to replace the power steering pump twice. Now my transmission is going because it makes a noise and it jerks when I change it from reverse to drive. It is not worth the time, money, or effort. The next vehicle I get I will buy a foreign one. Because for some reason we Americans can't build a good dependable car that is affordable. It is all junk. I had an 01 Mitzsubishi Montero Sport for 4 years and never had problems out of it. the only reason I got rid of it was because it was costing me in gas. I wished I would have just paid for the gas.

1st New Car in 27 Years
By south59 on 12/21/11 18:25 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After waiting 27 years i was able to obtain this beautiful car after carefull Prayer and Consideration the Good Lord Blessed me once again with this Elagant automoble,Praise the Lord indeed its a Godsend this car is!!!Merry Christmas from the Lord our God and Praise his name,Tim.

Wow! A great Car!
By jeffroberge11 on 12/21/11 08:10 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have this car since august 2010! And since this day, I'm fully satisfied of this car! The consommation is really great for a car of this size! And the trunk is incredible! I can put everything inside! Well I have only good this to say about this car!

Great Car
By oildawg on 09/08/11 10:12 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Im suprised at all the negative reviews, then again as a former service manager, no I'm not. I bought my Impala brand new & have put over 140k on it with little or no trouble. 1 water pump @ 42k...with dealer assistance, 1 window regulator, and a battery. Ride, drive, and performance is still great. I am a maintenance freak and take great car of my cars, my plan is to give to my son for college and it will have about 180k then. I see no resson why this car wont go 2-300k.

Will never buy another impala
By Kim on 07/31/10 09:22 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I brought this car new and for the first year it was ok. My water pump went out and of course I had to pay three hundred to get it replaced. The car is very cheap made. The cd player doesn't work right. They put all the room in the trunk when they should have put it in the back seat area. The gas mileage is a joke. Why put on paper it gets 31 mpg when they know it doesn't. The only car I ever owned that I hated more was a ford tempo. Don't waste your time or money on this car. Chevrolet really dropped the ball on this car.

Not disappointed
By imran on 05/26/10 10:00 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought mine about a year ago with 34k with certified warranty and believe me I used it quiet a few times and ended up buying the major guard warranty and used that about three times already, I've put 35k in one year always started up ran pretty well all along with good mpg no complaints there, had a few issues, crank seal leak, power steering pump and hose, control arm, coolant leak, but luckily everything was covered, so i definitely recommend buying all the warranty you can do not buy without warranty, I'll give it an 6 out of 10.

Junk
By Skreamz on 07/16/09 00:02 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car back in 2007. it had 21K miles on it. head gasket replaced at 24K miles on it. Master switch for window controls replaced at 28K. Intake manifold gasket replaced at 51K. The motor cuts out at 107mph. GM could have done a lot better with their vehicles. I will buy Japanese next time.

Needs just a little work...
By P Walker on 05/22/09 09:04 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my impala with 40,000 mile on it and I have not had much trouble out of it. I have had the water pump go bad, that has been replaced under extended warrenty. However, the tire sensor is broken and the temperature sensor is broken as well. My husband is 6'5" and he fits comfortably in the car with me. We have been in an accident where some one hit us in the back with a Ford F150 and it did more damage to him than to us. It it a safe car. My next vehicle will not be a car but if it was I would get another used impala. (no point in getting a new car, they depreciate so quickly). If dealers stand behind their product a slightly used car is just as good if not better (lower payments).

06 impala
By 06 impala on 03/26/09 14:43 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have only had my 06 impala for 5weeks. I really like this car. I have noticed windows rattle when rolled down some. Some time there is a repeat noise when the car is idling. Clicking sound when turning steering wheel more than half way. One of the circulation lights would not turn off. Even when other circulation button was pressed. Yes remote only works within 5 feet. Car was at dealership yesterday. I was told; idling noise normal, nothing wrong with window seal.Dealer was able to get the button unstuck. However stated one of the lights will remain on, unless air conditioner is turned on.(doesn't make sense) Lastly they were not able to duplicate the steering noise I hear.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.