2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
2006 Impala LS 236,000 miles
By truexemplar on 07/29/14 16:04 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought a new 2006 Impala LS with front bench seat and are very pleased with it. We have 236,000 miles (all highway) and looking to move it out but have not found anything I like. It is still my new car. I have only had 3 repairs including a water pump the most expensive. My oil change mechanic says take it on trips and I do. I really can't believe how dependable the car has been. We averaged 27.7 mph overall. Going on 630 mile round trip this weekend. Should I go to 250,000 miles?

1001.1
By dwilcox on 04/08/14 20:34 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

i wrote a reveiw back in 2010,the car had 93,000 miles, it now has 194,000 miles,still runs good,uses a little oil,have'nt changed the brakes or the spark plugs yet. did have to replace the passenger side wheel bearing hub assy. and the water pump and the tie rod ends . i did all of this myself. i need the driver door window regulator replaced.once i awhile the low oil pressure light comes on at start up,i just shut off the motor and re-start and it does'nt come back on. the a/c vent door clicks too but goes away.otherwise it runs good and i average 25 miles to the gallon. and i own it now . feels good.

06 Chevy Impala LTZ Rocks
By philz94tt on 03/23/14 07:26 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

This Impala LTZ is a very solid vehicle with only a couple issues. It will need a water pump and thermostat at about 8 years into service. There was also a recall on the power steering hose that was handled very well by the local dealer in the 2011 to 2012 time frame, 3.9 liter with 240 HP is responsive. The gas mileage is very good, ride comfort is great, no noises in my vehicle, interior is good for top of the line, the top of dash does seem a bit cheap and needs a good amount of detailing to look good, the sun will hammer that spot and the leather seat areas close to the windows need to be treated with leather conditioner. Bose sound system is very good.

Could be better but age has something to do with that.
By markb873 on 08/17/13 19:23 PM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased a 2006 Impala in December of 2012 at 67,000 miles. Pulled the service history from Chevy and found no major issues in the vehicle's past. Someone ripped the connector off the rear window defrost so that needed to be re-attached. This Impala had the factory fluid in the transmission causing the delayed shift issue common to these. Managed to eliminate that with a few transmission flushes, additives, and filter changes. Had to replace the lower intake gaskets as the engine was leaking coolant internally. Somebody tried to fix that with a few bottles of stop leak so the coolant looked like mud. Head gaskets have some external oil leaks but I haven't replaced them yet.

Never again
By emm4 on 08/04/13 08:25 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I made the biggest mistake ever in buying this car. I bought it from someone I didn't know well. He told me it might need brakes. Ok I accept that. I take the car to a delership. It neeed rotars, a tirod end and a new battery. But supposedly nothing serious. I get those issues fixed. I went on vacation with my family a couple hours away from home. Fine all the way up there and during my trip. On my way home. Right before we hit the E-way it starts acting funny. Then it died. I had it towed to a dealership. Turns out it has motor problems like it needs a new engine!!! Because of a crack or something deep inside the motor. I had to have it towed home. 180 miles!!!

Don/t buy it.
By ellenmd on 03/04/13 09:59 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car 2 years ago and I have had to replace the power steering pump twice. Now my transmission is going because it makes a noise and it jerks when I change it from reverse to drive. It is not worth the time, money, or effort. The next vehicle I get I will buy a foreign one. Because for some reason we Americans can't build a good dependable car that is affordable. It is all junk. I had an 01 Mitzsubishi Montero Sport for 4 years and never had problems out of it. the only reason I got rid of it was because it was costing me in gas. I wished I would have just paid for the gas.

Good but not great
By jzinger34 on 02/28/13 06:44 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car brand new in 2006 and have been pleased. I now have 125,000 miles on the car but not without complaints. I have had a check engine light for months because of valve on the top of the gas tank. $300 in labor to fix $10 part. I had to have gasket on oil filter mount replaced. $5 gasket, $140 labor! The electrical system is much to be desired. I got the premium BOSE system in the car but only certain speakers work at certain times. Mostly just rear speakers, sometimes just fronts, sometimes speakers on right side. As of this morning, the transmission started shifting hard. I am pretty worried after reading all the tranny reviews on here.

Never again...
By aorunes on 02/22/13 13:36 PM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car with 32k mi now at 65k: Came with a clean carfax/auto check (not 100% accurate I know). At first I loved this car it only needed the TPMS sensors replaced which I could live without. We here I am a year and a half later and wish I hadn't purchased this lemon... Lets see: So far I have had to replace: Rotors,Pads (normal), Front engine motor mount, power steering pump return line, HVAC blender solenoid (i think its going out again). It needs a fuel pump sending unit(got to buy the whole pump), now has a #1 Cylinder misfire (which is way to common to not recall), Shifts hard so transmission work is in my future. All with daily commuting.. no real rough driving

Nice to drive - when it works
By waldo57 on 11/07/12 07:50 AM (PST)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LTZ 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I just (thankfully) traded in my 2006 Chevrolet Impala LTZ that I had for 3 years. It was a complete nightmare. I replaced the power steering pump twice, and had the power steering service four or five times on top of that. When the weather got cold, the power steering pump would "pressurize" and blow the hose right off, leaking power steering fluid all over the ground. The dealership charged me several hundred dollars to "fix" it, but by the time I traded it in several months later, the power steering pump was making a grinding noise again. Other than these problems, the car was very nice. It handled well, and has plenty of power for passing or moving in traffic.

The worse decision I ever made.
By officernate on 07/16/12 08:48 AM (PDT)

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought this car brand new and spent the first 12 months in and out of dealerships to fix, repair, replace, or other wise upgrade something that has broken or been recalled. Since then, I have found out that the brake rotors are smaller then they should be for a car this size, the A/C unit has several issues dealing with the compressor clutch, and blend door actuators (keep a stock of those if you have this car.) The steering is horrible and I've had multiple issues with the power steering (hoses, rack and pinion, etc.) The transmission will live only to its warrenty and no longer. Be prepared to get a new one after 75,000 miles. It leaks oil like no other car I've ever driven.

TCO® insurance data for this vehicle coming soon...

For an accurate quote, contact our trusted partner below.