Used 2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

No Trunk Access If Battery Dies
By Alfred Refice

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After I purchased the Impala, I found that the only way to open the trunk was the remote on the key-fob or a button on the dash - both of which are useless if the main car battery dies. The owner's manual says if the battery dies the owner could access the trunk if a fold down rear seat is available. The base model LS does not have a fold-down rear seat, therefore, if the battery dies then all items in the trunk (such as jumper cables) are inaccessible.

Favorite Features

Lots of room, good crash test ratings.

Suggested Improvements

All Impalas need to have a fold-down rear seat or a mechanical trunk release.

GM left me hanging.
By gmletmedown

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I took my new bride on our honeymoon to Montana this past June (I'm from Arizona). Before leaving, I had the oil changed and had the entire car checked out before I left. As soon as I hit 76,000 (1,000 miles past my extended warranty) the transmission began to slip. I was left stranded and GM refused to help me. I was forced to pay for a local transmission shop to repair the car, luckily for me they seem to have done a good job. I will never buy another GM car. They do not build reliable cars and I have always supported them up until this. Here is a list of other problems that I've had to deal with: 1. I've gone through TWO waterpumps. The first waterpump went out because

Favorite Features

cont from above: because the chevy repairmen dropped it and bent the pully. 2. The car had two window regulators go out. 3. I've had to have my rotors changed. 4. All of the AC regulators had to be changed. 5. I don't listen to loud music, but my rear speakers are both blown. 6. All of the trim has had to be replaced because the glue didn't last in AZ's heat.

Suggested Improvements

GM should contact me at lewis0803@hotmail.com to make this right. I've driven many GM vehicles prior to this car. I bought this Impala with 30 miles and took very good care of it. Since GM took so much of my tax money, they need to make it right!

don't buy unless you have a good job
By Lisa Reese

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Had my 2006 impala as for 3 years, every time I take it to the dealer, they want 200 to 300 dollars for Senors, I don't understand what these people want from us. It seem as though I'm rebuilding a car that's not even paid for yet. Please Chevrolet manufacturer, or Vice president , check into this, I'm about to have a breakdown.

2006 Impala LS 236,000 miles
By truexemplar

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought a new 2006 Impala LS with front bench seat and are very pleased with it. We have 236,000 miles (all highway) and looking to move it out but have not found anything I like. It is still my new car. I have only had 3 repairs including a water pump the most expensive. My oil change mechanic says take it on trips and I do. I really can't believe how dependable the car has been. We averaged 27.7 mph overall. Going on 630 mile round trip this weekend. Should I go to 250,000 miles?

Favorite Features

Front Bench Seat

Suggested Improvements

More comfortable seats. Keep the front bench seat. A lot of people do not like the bucket seat cock pit environment. Too constricting.

1001.1
By dwilcox

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

i wrote a reveiw back in 2010,the car had 93,000 miles, it now has 194,000 miles,still runs good,uses a little oil,have'nt changed the brakes or the spark plugs yet. did have to replace the passenger side wheel bearing hub assy. and the water pump and the tie rod ends . i did all of this myself. i need the driver door window regulator replaced.once i awhile the low oil pressure light comes on at start up,i just shut off the motor and re-start and it does'nt come back on. the a/c vent door clicks too but goes away.otherwise it runs good and i average 25 miles to the gallon. and i own it now . feels good.

Favorite Features

i like remote start, becuase it cools or heats the interior depending on the weather, i'm in the desert ,the a/c works good.