Used 2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

140k miles and it never let me down.
By Mario Alvisi

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

I bought new and have 140k miles so far. I have detected a little slippage in the tranny recently. Other than that, never a problem, just basic maintenance. Fast, comfortable, sedan. Torque steer is evident and annoying at first. Once you get used to it you know how manage it.

Enjoyable and Simple Sedan
By joe_bob

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.9L 6cyl 4A)

I have driven this impala for almost 37,000 miles now it had about 35,000 on it when I started driving this car. It completely changed what I expected from a car. I had previously thought that all cars where like the honda pilot aka: uncomfortable however this car with the seat warmers is absolutely wonderful. I regularly commute about 2 hours a day and have very little back pain the whole time. I also took this car on a road trip from Ohio to Alabama and experienced only a small amount of discomfort. This car is surprisingly reliable considering it is the first model of its generation. Some people may think that the stereo is outdated. However, I find it works fine for my needs.

The seat heaters are amazing and get very hot they also heat both your back and rear end. I like having the optional fog lights. I find the stereo sounds nice and has plenty of bass. The headlights in this car with the default bulbs are plenty bright and much brighter than the bulbs in the honda crv.

I would suggest having sun-visors that hold up to constant use better. Also built in ice packs in the seat would be nice.

don't buy unless you have a good job
By Lisa Reese

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS 4dr Sedan (5.3L 8cyl 4A)

Had my 2006 impala as for 3 years, every time I take it to the dealer, they want 200 to 300 dollars for Senors, I don't understand what these people want from us. It seem as though I'm rebuilding a car that's not even paid for yet. Please Chevrolet manufacturer, or Vice president , check into this, I'm about to have a breakdown.

Great car
By mopardave

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have 260 000 km on the car. The car still runs great. The low oil pressure warning came on, mine was easy fix, changed the switch ($37) and thermostat (run hot, ac off warning) replaced. I hope to get to 400000km. Everything still works well and it drives like the day I bought it.

Get what you paid for...
By ferdinand1201

2006 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my '06 Impala last month after a week I noticed a leak under engine. I sent it back to auto dealer I bought the car, they replaced the oil gasket. The leak disappeared, cold days just around the corner I switched heater dial and a loud ticking noice annoys me which last for a minute or so. Besides any reviews I read here no problem with tranny or engine KNOCK ON WOOD! But, I love it for now... we'll see.

Quiet on road/21 mpg/sleek look for the price