Used 2006 Chevrolet Impala LT Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Get what you paid for...
By ferdinand1201

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my '06 Impala last month after a week I noticed a leak under engine. I sent it back to auto dealer I bought the car, they replaced the oil gasket. The leak disappeared, cold days just around the corner I switched heater dial and a loud ticking noice annoys me which last for a minute or so. Besides any reviews I read here no problem with tranny or engine KNOCK ON WOOD! But, I love it for now... we'll see.

Quiet on road/21 mpg/sleek look for the price

1001.1
By dwilcox

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

i wrote a reveiw back in 2010,the car had 93,000 miles, it now has 194,000 miles,still runs good,uses a little oil,have'nt changed the brakes or the spark plugs yet. did have to replace the passenger side wheel bearing hub assy. and the water pump and the tie rod ends . i did all of this myself. i need the driver door window regulator replaced.once i awhile the low oil pressure light comes on at start up,i just shut off the motor and re-start and it does'nt come back on. the a/c vent door clicks too but goes away.otherwise it runs good and i average 25 miles to the gallon. and i own it now . feels good.

i like remote start, becuase it cools or heats the interior depending on the weather, i'm in the desert ,the a/c works good.

Could be better but age has something to do with that.
By markb873

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased a 2006 Impala in December of 2012 at 67,000 miles. Pulled the service history from Chevy and found no major issues in the vehicle's past. Someone ripped the connector off the rear window defrost so that needed to be re-attached. This Impala had the factory fluid in the transmission causing the delayed shift issue common to these. Managed to eliminate that with a few transmission flushes, additives, and filter changes. Had to replace the lower intake gaskets as the engine was leaking coolant internally. Somebody tried to fix that with a few bottles of stop leak so the coolant looked like mud. Head gaskets have some external oil leaks but I haven't replaced them yet.

Remote Start. Oil Life monitor. Compass.

Holy Gaskets.....GM needs to improve gaskets. Transmission improvements need to be made as well. They destroy the fluid and turn it to sludge. Similar Toyota transmissions seem to get double the life from the fluid.

Good but not great
By jzinger34

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car brand new in 2006 and have been pleased. I now have 125,000 miles on the car but not without complaints. I have had a check engine light for months because of valve on the top of the gas tank. $300 in labor to fix $10 part. I had to have gasket on oil filter mount replaced. $5 gasket, $140 labor! The electrical system is much to be desired. I got the premium BOSE system in the car but only certain speakers work at certain times. Mostly just rear speakers, sometimes just fronts, sometimes speakers on right side. As of this morning, the transmission started shifting hard. I am pretty worried after reading all the tranny reviews on here.

Reliable, good ride, pretty good gas mileage.

Electrical, Transmission, Blind spots especially when backing.

Expen$$$$ive repairs imminent, traded it in
By steve395

2006 Chevrolet Impala LT 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2006 Impala in 2007. I was originally drawn to its style, power, comfort, very quiet ride, etc. I got a good price for it because it was a former rental. I bought it with 28,000 miles and traded it in at 99,600. In between that time it was pretty reliable. Right after the warranty ran out, I had problems with the steering system popping.I began to notice other problems at 75,000. The paint had the durability of nail polish. The driver's side visor hung down. I never could get the brakes to stop pulsating despite changing rotors. Random warning lights came on. Finally - no heat at idle. Head gaskets. Dealer wanted $1,900 to fix.

Very smooth, quiet ride. Big and comfortable. I usually averaged 25 mpg city/highway combo.

Overall build quality needs to improve.