Used 2006 Chevrolet Impala LS Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2006 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Great car
By mopardave

2006 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I have 260 000 km on the car. The car still runs great. The low oil pressure warning came on, mine was easy fix, changed the switch ($37) and thermostat (run hot, ac off warning) replaced. I hope to get to 400000km. Everything still works well and it drives like the day I bought it.

2006 Impala LS 236,000 miles
By truexemplar

2006 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

We bought a new 2006 Impala LS with front bench seat and are very pleased with it. We have 236,000 miles (all highway) and looking to move it out but have not found anything I like. It is still my new car. I have only had 3 repairs including a water pump the most expensive. My oil change mechanic says take it on trips and I do. I really can't believe how dependable the car has been. We averaged 27.7 mph overall. Going on 630 mile round trip this weekend. Should I go to 250,000 miles?

Front Bench Seat

More comfortable seats. Keep the front bench seat. A lot of people do not like the bucket seat cock pit environment. Too constricting.

Never again
By emm4

2006 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I made the biggest mistake ever in buying this car. I bought it from someone I didn't know well. He told me it might need brakes. Ok I accept that. I take the car to a delership. It neeed rotars, a tirod end and a new battery. But supposedly nothing serious. I get those issues fixed. I went on vacation with my family a couple hours away from home. Fine all the way up there and during my trip. On my way home. Right before we hit the E-way it starts acting funny. Then it died. I had it towed to a dealership. Turns out it has motor problems like it needs a new engine!!! Because of a crack or something deep inside the motor. I had to have it towed home. 180 miles!!!

It was a comfortable car.

My suggestion is have your motor checked inside and out before buying this new or used.

Don/t buy it.
By ellenmd

2006 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car 2 years ago and I have had to replace the power steering pump twice. Now my transmission is going because it makes a noise and it jerks when I change it from reverse to drive. It is not worth the time, money, or effort. The next vehicle I get I will buy a foreign one. Because for some reason we Americans can't build a good dependable car that is affordable. It is all junk. I had an 01 Mitzsubishi Montero Sport for 4 years and never had problems out of it. the only reason I got rid of it was because it was costing me in gas. I wished I would have just paid for the gas.

Make it more dependable and don't make it like a hot wheels car.

1st New Car in 27 Years
By south59

2006 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.5L 6cyl 4A)

After waiting 27 years i was able to obtain this beautiful car after carefull Prayer and Consideration the Good Lord Blessed me once again with this Elagant automoble,Praise the Lord indeed its a Godsend this car is!!!Merry Christmas from the Lord our God and Praise his name,Tim.

The Bose SRS Premium is out of this world great,the interior design is so grand and its just outright great to ride in smooth!