Another piece of GM junk
By kandis67 on
2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)
I bought this car in 2011 with 54k miles on it. I now have ~78k and it has just been one problem after another since day one. Huge lack of power, stopping on a slight incline on the road would cause me to roll backward when releasing the brake. Transmission jumps and skips. Can't get it to start 85% of the time. Fuel regulator began spitting out gasoline at 60k ($180 fix). Tie rods are crap. Wiper motor is seized. Heat randomly shuts on and off.
By rgriese
on 02/14/13 18:06 PM (PST)

Bad news buddy! Can't get it to start? What do you mean the heat randomly shut off (does it go cold?) The 2005 model is not know for having a lot of electric problems. Did you even test drive the car before you bought it?

By kandis67
on 01/05/14 16:06 PM (PST)

Since I wrote this review I've put about another 20k on the vehicle, I've replaced the fuel regulator twice, the wiper motor at least three times, which is great when it decides to seize up in the middle of a rain storm... and now because of the starting problem (that was caused by the fuel regulator) I now need to replace my alternator AND my catalytic converter is going bad because of the car spitting so much raw fuel from having to start over and over again. My alternator is so weak now I can't have my radio and my heat on or my lights go dim and my car starts to lag to where I think it might just break down. My temperature gauge has decided to start taking laps around the circle and gets stuck where the reset button is for my mileage on the dash, that'll be about a $600-$700 fix. And on top of all that, I kept hearing a rattling one day underneath my bell housing, I took it into a shop and they called me back immediately to tell me when they got my car on the lift my entire exhaust system just collapsed out of the car..... I've probably paid for this car twice over for the amounts in repairs. That's how GM makes it's contribution to the car repair industry.

By sarahjean
on 03/13/13 18:40 PM (PDT)

I have a 2005 chevy IMPALA 3.4L as well. Bought it in 2006 with 30k miles. I also had a problem with the car not starting. This as due to the on board security. I finally had to put a bump switch in to bybass the security. Now that I have this ugly bump switch it always starts. All the gauges have stopped working. I am lucky the low fuel alarm still works. It will be over 800.00 to replace the gauges. I am always being shocked by the car when I get out. The transmission does slip. car rolls backwards. There is also a manf defect which the hole for the piston is to large so the piston is hitting the sides from time to time. sometimes it is so loud I think I have no oil or the engine is going to blow. I always change my fluids I even put synthetic to see if this would help. "NO it did not" Every time I took it to the dealership they said there was nothing wrong with it. Chevy is aware of these issus and will not issue a recall to fix these problems. this car has embarrased me way to may times. It is not a reliable car. THIS IS WHY I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANOTHER CHEVY***