Overall great car
By Wheelman on
2005 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)
I've owned for almost two years now and love to drive this car. Great looks, power, handling, and fuel for a full-sized car. And a big trunk. I was driving 128 miles a day to and from work, and now only 63. It's a nice ride. I've had a few issues including turning the brake rotors and had the intermediate steering shaft replaced. The steering shaft was covered by warranty. I enjoy the comfortable ride and plenty of power to get around traffic. I bought this car because of the Consumer reports rates very well, great looks, and fuel mileage for a descent V6. I hope the newer style models rate well for my next purchase down the road.
Favorite Features
200 watt stereo sounds great with XM, huge trunk, nice gas mileage for a V6, and nice styling. Radio controls on the steering wheel along with a lot of extra features such as tire pressure monitoring and oil change indicator.
Suggested Improvements
It would be nice to bypass the DLR and auto headlights. The center two rear taillights are not lighted. Wish the radio had iPod or MP3 player input. I would have put in a new radio, but vehicle controls a made thru the radio controls.