2005 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Review: Not Chevy!

2005 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (3.4L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Not Chevy!
By Mo on

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

After years of terrible experiences with Ford I was on my way to Chevy. I have always liked the look of Chevy it says sexy. My Chevy is anything but. I have a gas smell that comes through the vents that I have to roll down all windows to breathe for the first 5-8 minutes after cranking which after a year has still not been fixed due to the mechanics being unable to pinpoint the source. Runs sluggish I mean no take off except for this major lurch which scares me that I will one day run into someone. the CD player is worthless. I mean if I switch lanes it scratches and skips and the ride is rough. I am so disappointed. The good news is I will be trading it in soon for a Chevy truck.

Honestly none.

Change the motor but keep the fuel economy. Give it some power. And what ever brand of stereo that is recall every single one and burn them, then reinstall a CD player with quality that can actually be enjoyed. Don't forget to get rid of those crappy tires.