My 2nd one of this model
By Kevin on
2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)
This is my 2nd Impala. So far I've had to pay to have the transmission fixed ($1,100.00 - Take it apart) and (3,250.21) to have it fixed. There is a thumping/popping sound when you turn the wheel. That is due to a "shaft thing". That's another $279.99 to fix. There is also a clattering sound when you are in 2nd gear and speed up. Don't know what that's about. The transmission slips and has a hard time changing gears. I don't know why both my Impalas gave me so many problems. I mean my last one was only 1 1/2 years old and the dealer said it's showing wear and tear on the engine and transmission. Come on! It's not even that old. Other than that it starts immediately and rides smooth. I don't even drive my cars rough. I've had my Caliber longer than my Impala lasted. My Caliber is 5 months old. When my Impala was 5 months problems started.
Favorite Features
Power everything, nice radio, all right styling on the outside. Smooth ride. Power.
Suggested Improvements
Stronger engine, thicker plastics in the interior, better engine/transmission quality, maybe a graphite interior option. The horn is too quiet. My new Caliber has a much louder horn. My warranty didn't cover the transmission dis-assembly (1,100.00)