Improves with time
By Tom on
2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)
Locale is west coast Canada. Bought ex-lease with 25,000 km for $16,000 CDN. Warranty trans replace, 6 mo. to track down engine misfire to sensor on crank. This is an excellent car once problems are solved (but make sure you have a warranty! Bretts in Chilliwack persisted in tracking down the problems). Comfortable interior--best seats for long trips to Oregon and California of any car we've owned; huge trunk; handles well for a car with such a soft ride (once I replaced Firestones with Michelin ZX's); engine does not use oil. I am giving this car to my son for a wedding present and we'll miss it, but I feel assured that he will be safe because it's a big car with lots of metal!
Favorite Features
Cabin design; handling; tight turning circle (I own an 02 Maxima as well; white color that makes other drivers slow down since it looks like a cop car; smooth engine; comfortable seating; low price
Suggested Improvements
Car is built in Ontario in the Chevy plant with the highest quality rating in North America, but they should work out the bugs prior to delivery. Once the dealer did so, the car proved to be excellent.