Impala is impressive
By TD on
2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)
I would recommend the Impala to anyone. It has a really cushy ride without being too soft and floaty. The steering is effortless. The seats are extremely comfortable and I love the bench seat. It's much more comfortable than a bucket that is restricting if you have longer legs. The stereo with factory pre-amp is delightful. Gas mileage is impressive for such a big car, I'm getting an average of over 27 MPG with about 1/2 city driving. 4-wheel ABS disc brakes are smooth as silk. Engine seems solid and purrs. I have been a Toyota celica/camry guy for decades now but this car won me over. Congratulations to Chevy for making a car worthy of American label. I love this car.
Favorite Features
I love the 5 star crash rating. Great mileage for such a big car. Factory stereo is wunderbar. Super steering and comfortable, soft ride. great paint job and styling (in black it looks very stylish and not fuddy duddy)
Suggested Improvements
Low clearance in front on slopes (but the tough square undercarriage aluminum frame can take it with no lasting damage) Newer models ride just as nice but the look has become more generic since 2006 (no big round taillights which I like).