2005 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Review: I still love my 'pala

2005 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Review

I still love my 'pala
By ISTILLLOVEIT! on

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car from the same dealership my wife bought her 2006 Mazda 6 from. Anyway, the dealership addressed some issue about the car that I was concerned about because of safety issues (bent tie rod, back brakes and tires were bad, and carfax report still not in my hands!). I love this car, and I've always liked them. Ride's smooth and it has a good bit of power. Car was a rental car from Virginia beach (yeah I don't really like that part [bought it at 40,000 miles], but it's been 3 months and [knock on wood], no problems). I've read online of some of the problems people are having with their Impalas but I'm still satisfied with my buy. Got a year warranty to boot from dealership!

Favorite Features

Interior room and trim. Comfort and ride quality. Looks and power. Didn't have room in suggested improvement part below: 2005 Impala was last year for W body, be careful with your purchase! I hope I helped! Happy shopping!

Suggested Improvements

I suggest looking under the oil cap to see if you can find some white sludge on it (PCV valve/coolant leak, this year's PCV valve was riveted down though, 3.4L). Steering assembly still popping and clicking (common W body Impala problem with I-shaft). Shutter on acceleration (cold) with no fix.