2005 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Review: Awesome Family Sedan

2005 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Review

LS Sedan (3.8L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Awesome Family Sedan
By bill h on

2005 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Now that I have wife and kids I had to give up the z28 for a family sedan. Very solid car that is very comfortable to drive. Better gas mileage than my wife's Subaru. I've been getting 24 mpg city and 31 on the high way. We got the 3.8 liter engine based on the durability that we and other family members have had with it in older GM cars. We also got the 'sport touring' suspension that comes standard with the LS, however, the ride still feels fairly soft and vague - it should not be confused with the 'sport touring' designation that you hear about with Saabs, BMWs, etc. However it is the only car I have driven that my back feels better after 200 miles of highway driving than before!

Gas mileage, looks, stereo (200 watt premium), reliability, very comfortable on long trips.

*Stiffer suspension available without having to buy SS. *Child safety locks- why aren't these standard on a family sedan??!! My first car was a 1969 Pontiac Bonneville and even it had child safety locks!!