2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Love my 2005 impala
By joe laRosa on 11/29/06 12:50 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car rides like dream, and mileage is outstanding at 24 city, 28 combined, 34 highway. The dash guage setup is great and easy to read. The stereo system is 200 watt with awesome sound. Interior room is also great. Leg room is more than ample, and i am 6ft.8in tall. The impala is an allround great car.

The best car I've ever owned
By D on 11/26/06 13:36 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I would not own anything other than an Impala. The car rides nice, handles well for the size, great power, outstanding looks, plenty of room.

Worst car I've ever bought
By apptt on 11/15/06 08:58 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have never owned a car with more problems. I've had to bring it in 3 times in the past year with repairs. I've had to pay almost $1000 this last time. I bought this car as a "Ceritfied Used Car" from a reputable dealer.

Another Impala
By Susan on 11/12/06 11:06 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I had my first Impala in 2003. Wow, What a stable ride, great manuevering, great acceleration, Great comfort. When I had to get a new car, (My lease was up) I test drove several other cars, but came back to the Impala. It is a tiger on the road and I feel safe!

Glad I bought it!
By larry on 09/21/06 07:48 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I had a Dodge Intrepid. Worst mistake ever! Got the Impala, and was happy from the moment I bought it. Much better quality overall. The gas mileage is very impressive for a large car. I tend to be a little heavy on the gas, and average 37 mpg on the road! Overall, I average 29 mpg. I would definitely buy another one. I hope the 3.4 is as good an engine!

Awesome Value for Money
By Ray Campbell on 09/19/06 17:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This is my first Impala, and I have to say it is the best car I have owned. Had it for a year now, and I'm still impressed. I looked at the Honda Accord and the Toyota Camry, but the Impala SS gave me the best value for money. Was able to get all the bells and whistles for a great price. Plenty of room, lots of power, stylish good looks, and great gas mileage for a large sedan. It's a joy to drive. I get tons of complements on the laser blue color. It looks blue or purple depending on with angle you look at it. Great for long drive or short trips around town. I would buy another Impala.

Outstanding Gas Mileage
By Robert Yamin on 09/16/06 12:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Great car for the highway. Drove round trip to Maryland from Florida. Averaged 70 MPH, got 35 MPG. Plenty of room for passengers, and a large trunk for luggage. Has more power with a 3.4 engine than my previous 3.8 Mustang.

High Mileage
By paulstoy on 08/07/06 12:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Great car, over 90,000 miles now, only problems are brakes (front)warp out, front spoiler drags from every driveway. Great mileage, have gotten 35 on highway driving using cruise control. A little road noise now as the mileage builds, but not bad. Be sure to get leather seats, the last one had cloth.

Great Ride, Great Mileage
By Sully on 07/29/06 16:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Traded from '98 Taurus and immediately enjoyed the spacious interior. Rode from Boston to Englewood,NJ & back on one tank of gas getting 32mpg! Handling is sweet and I was surprised at the tight turning radius. The 3.4V6 seems to have all the pep I need, especially with gas prices the way they are.

Wonderful Car
By mizzoutiger18 on 05/26/06 12:30 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is the first car I've ever bought and I love it. It's such a smooth ride and it gets great gas mileage.