Used 2005 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Impala

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

05 impala
By idkdude?!?!

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this impala about 5 months ago, its my first car. So far it has been a pretty good car, I have had minimal problems with it. I love how roomy and comfortable it is, I have had a full car with 6 ppl in it and we are all still comfortable. I have a dark blue impala with a spoiler and moon roof, performance wise I wish I had gotten the ss (I have the base with the 3.4 v6), the acceleration is decent. Handling is pretty good going 70-80 on the highway, I feel very safe in my impala. The only thing that I have noticed is that whenever I floor it, afterwords you can feel the transmission shifting whenever it changes gears, no idea what it is but it stops whenever I turn it off or on,

Favorite Features

looks and space. i have a dark blue color, sun roof, spoiler. i added limo tints to the back, i get a lot of compliments on it. this thing is sooo roomy, you can have a full car and still be riding comfortably, and the trunk is massive.

Suggested Improvements

give the base impala a 3.8 v6 instead of a 3.4 v6, other then that not much, normal wear and tear is expected to occur so as long as you keep up with it, it should be fine

2005 Chevrolet Impala 9C1
By SONOFADOCKER

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car at a NYPD auction with 106,000 miles for $1800. The car was two years old. Today the car has 156,00 miles and I have only paid for oil changes-few front tires-front brake pads. My first expense will be a power steering pump replacement which should be under $225.00. The car is fast and firm - great AC and heat ( police option) and the stock stereo is great. READY TO BUY ANOTHER ONE even though this one is just fine.

Favorite Features

Power and firm ride.

Suggested Improvements

Drivers seat ( power) needs to move higher up from the floor. It travels forward and backwards fine but it does not raise of the floor high enough for small drivers.

my ss
By trell

2005 Chevrolet Impala SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

i love this car.... easy to use... everything is there..

Favorite Features

my car was xm radio ready.... i love my fog lights...

Suggested Improvements

better cd player

I loved this Impala!
By Impala lover

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I put this car threw a lot! I bought in 2006 with 20k in 09 it now has 112,254k. It was my everyday car. I have been to houston austin san antonio louisiana and dallas with ease! I took this car through mud and grass. Very few problems. put about $2,000 in the car including up keep. great for rode trips with a bunch of people holds 6. I raced a dodge 1500 and won!

Favorite Features

Comfy seats lots of room easy to maintain. very roomy Chevy did great! great pick up!

Suggested Improvements

I really have none maybe a sleaker outside make it look fast!

Front Passenger a Big Negative
By Gogo

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased the Impala in 2005. The five star rating played a big factor in our purchasing decision. We totaled the vehicle two weeks ago. Definitely not a 5 star in the front passenger seat. A person hit a cow on a state hwy and killed it and we came up pretty quick behind them at 65mph and had to run over the dead cow because we couldn't evade either direction. We went airborne with both air bags deploying. The first impact going over the cow wasn't bad but the airbags deployed and were not still deployed when we came down and hit the pavement and then bounced twice after hitting the ground. Driver received minor injuries. Passenger received head, neck, shoulder and back injuries.

Favorite Features

Drives great and we never had a problem with it. Kept the oil changed and most of our driving was on the Hwy with very little city driving.

Suggested Improvements

Front passenger seat safety. When you first hit the gas or try to pass someone it fish tales every time you almost think you are going to lose control but it hangs in there and is okay after know it is going to do that.