2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Love the Car
By Ben on 05/03/08 07:50 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I just bought this vehicle and my wife and I love it! It is sporty, yet big and has lots of room. And the best part is the v6 3800 engine. It provides very good speed and power at the same time getting excellent gas mileage on the highway. Driving is effortless and fun!

The most lackluster car ever made
By W.G.Ahlers on 04/28/08 11:05 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought it used in 2005, (Only a few months old) and I think I know why it depreciated $10,000 in only a matter of months. The A/C smells musty, the bottom scrapes everytime I turn into a driveway, my brakes make a strange chirping noise, (Dealer says normal) tranny makes strange grinding noise, (again, normal) the dash pieces are separating, (normal) the carpet pulls away from the lower trim because it was cut too short (normal) GM refuses to fix anything wrong with it. Interior noise is ridiculously loud, I fear that I am making my 20 month old son slowly deaf. No ABS, so when it snows it likes to hit other cars. Heater fries my right foot, yet leaves my left foot frozen solid.

My Impala
By gr8impala on 04/06/08 08:47 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought it with about 480 miles on it. So far it has been trouble free. Roomy, comfy and kind of sporty looking. Only had the rotors cut and got rid of the horrible tires it came with since in winter it was terrible to drive. I have snows for winter and it's like a 4wd now! Interior is made a bit cheaply but sound, no rattles. It has the not so good rated 3.4 v/6 due to coolant leak problems later on with miledge but I have the 7 year extended coverage so I'm good to go I hope. Powerful engine when you need it, quiet at idle but rough sounding on hard acceleration, it can be quite a zippy car! Handles good, fair amount of body lean on turns but firmer handling tires take care of some of that.

3 years of Frustration
By Frustrated on 04/02/08 08:27 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2005 Impala in Dec/04 it was great for about a year. I come from a Chevy/GM family. Now I will never buy another Chevy. In the past year I have had to replace the ignition, fuel pressure regulator and have jerky and sluggish response when accelerating. Even the body is falling apart. Took it to the car wash and parts fell off and to add insult to injury after 3 years im still upside down on a trade! Chevy has really gone down hill! Don't buy a new Chevy unless they start making them like they used to!!

Nice Car
By Army Vet on 03/28/08 08:57 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car off of the original owner with 25,000 miles on it. This car drives very well and man does it hug the road. This car does turn heads even when it's dirty which is not very often. There are only two things one is it seems as tho the paint on the front end chips away very easy? The other is sometimes when you start it up the starter will stay engaged for about 3 to 5 seconds. Other than that I find that we are all very comfortable with this care and we are very happy with our choice.

Love the MPGs
By JayL on 03/26/08 18:28 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is the most comfortable car I've owned. This was the showroom car loaded with all options but the sunroof. It has an extremely quiet ride. Very comfortable wide leather seats. Definitely a big man's car. I get a steady 27 MPG mixed use! On strict highway trips as much as 35. Granted, I am a professional driver and have been trained on smooth operation of an automobile. But this is better mileage than my '02 Hyundai Elantra 4 cyl stick got me. Cannot ask for more. Sticker says 20 city 30 highway. It's more! No mechanical issues yet, but the Eagle GT tires become noisy as it wears. Can't wait to put a set of Michelins on.

Love my impala
By impalafan on 02/27/08 00:18 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Had this car 3+ yrs, & still love it. At about 47k miles, and ready for new tires/ brakes. Fun to drive, great power, & plenty of room for my 250lb frame; I could drive in comfort forever. Massive trunk, 17+ sq.ft.! 3.8 V6 can really take off, easy to get flying if you're not careful! Dashboard/stereo laid out well, intuitive controls. Info center tells you when you need gas, washer fluid, & even when tire pressure is low. XM & OnStar are standard. I can't say enough for this car!

problem s
By puppet on 02/15/08 06:34 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The front of the car is to low and everytime I go over a bump-it scraps under the bottom of the car. I recently are have problems with transmission fuel leaking and the steering shaft is making noises. Also, I don't have any heat on the drivers side.

I still love my 'pala
By ISTILLLOVEIT! on 12/30/07 22:23 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car from the same dealership my wife bought her 2006 Mazda 6 from. Anyway, the dealership addressed some issue about the car that I was concerned about because of safety issues (bent tie rod, back brakes and tires were bad, and carfax report still not in my hands!). I love this car, and I've always liked them. Ride's smooth and it has a good bit of power. Car was a rental car from Virginia beach (yeah I don't really like that part [bought it at 40,000 miles], but it's been 3 months and [knock on wood], no problems). I've read online of some of the problems people are having with their Impalas but I'm still satisfied with my buy. Got a year warranty to boot from dealership!

GM Needs to improve quality
By Not Impressed on 10/22/07 16:09 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car used in February 2006. It had been privately owned with 16,000 miles on it. It has the 3.4 liter V6. Two weeks after purchase the CD player quit and had to be replaced. A couple of months later the transmission developed a vibration when shifting from 1st into 2nd. This was apparently a factory defect because there was a campaign out on it. The day I got the car back it began to slip when accelerating from a stop. 3 trips to the dealership to figure this out. A solinoid in the tranny was bad. The manifold gasket started leaking. The steering column rattles and I was told GM was working on this. Not very quickly, my mom's 95 Olds does the same thing. The AC has musty smell too