Used 2005 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

All Around Solid Car.
By ptcm1

2005 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The Impala is not the fanciest car out there but it's super reliable and solid sedan. I had no problems with this car other than ordinary maintenance and it had 105,000 miles on it. It's built so you can do most fixes by yourself.

Fold down rear seats, great stereo, comfortable. Really fuel efficient for 205 horses.

2005 Impala SS
By PM

2005 Chevrolet Impala SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I recently purchased this car. I love the ride, the style, and the performance. It has around 70,000 miles, and no rattles or squeaks! And while I've had it only a short time (just over a month), I was quite surprised by the low fuel economy. Even while staying off the boost, the MPG is still pretty lousy. I had a 3.8 in a 97 Pontiac GP, and got much, much better mileage. But I guess thats the price one pays for performance! Other than the mileage, no problems at all!

Goodyear GT tires, acceleration, and roominess.

Better stereo!!!

stuck with an impala
By stuck with an impals

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I traded in my Dodge caravan for an 05 impala. This is the most uncomfortable car. The cushion pad on right of seat is higher than left, making me sit crooked. If I scoot to left to even out, steering wheel and pedals too far to right, hurting my hip and leg. If legs are comfy to pedals, arms are stretched to wheel, and vice versa. Have to choose sore legs or arms. I cannot find a comfy position for driving this car. I have tried to trade this in for anything at several dealers, but they cant do it. My hip and legs are so so sore when I get out of this car from driving. Am I stuck with a car I hate driving. I want my van back.

absolutely none

If they are all made this way, they need to align steering wheel and pedals to the driver seat. Also need adjustment for either steering wheel or pedals to come forward or back for ease on arms or legs

LOVE IT! 112k miles & still going strong
By JamieinIA

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We purchased our Impala in 2005 when it was less than 1 year old. 5 years later and over 100k miles later it's still a phenomenal vehicle. It is comfortable and roomy. The ride is smooth and engine has a lot of get-up! The stereo is great. Most importantly, it has been a wonderful, reliable family car. We have had zero (non- normal) repairs. Despite the fact that I personally like the look of some of the Nissan and Toyota's more I'm pretty certain my next car will be another Chevrolet (Malibu).

RELIABLE, comfortable, roomy, quick acceleration, stereo

Front dash is kind of "masculine" in my opinion, better gas mileage but I think the newer Impala's do.

No More For Me
By Tired of it

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I wanted an Impala and now I don't. It handles great but the transmission likes to slip a lot. The starter sticks for a few seconds after it has already been started. Have to jump the battery every 4-6 weeks because it likes to randomly die. Alternator shop said it is not the alternator, most likely an electrical short. I have never replaced anything electrical on it so I myself didn't short it out. Engine is sluggish. Also the heater doesn't work half the time. Black trim on outside is already faded. Otherwise the rest is fine but as much trouble as I have had, I will never buy one again.

Great sounding factory stereo, plenty of room and trunk space.

Fix problems with the starters, heater, transmission, paint/trim paint. Since I don't know why it has an electrical short, I don't know if I should blame that on Chevy or previous owner.