2005 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Love my Impala
By JaniceB on 04/23/09 09:28 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I've been very happy with my Impala. I don't think you can get a smoother ride from a front wheel drive car. Its very spacious, love the interior and trunk room. Its sharp looking and fun to drive. I bought mine off a corporate lease return, it had 72k on it when I bought it at only 3 years old. It now has 90k on it and still runs, looks and drives like new. Only problem I had was had to replace a wheel speed sensor at around 88k ($400). No other problems. Has been very dependable. A very nice, roomy, family car.

2005 Chevy Impala LS sedan
By Jim McIntire on 01/01/09 18:22 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car was purchased because the previous car owned a Pontiac Grand Prix was a lemon and a half and was traded in. My Impala was used with 24000 miles on it and now has 47000 miles and no trouble what so ever. Windows were already tinted and interior was what I wanted. Cannot ask for a better car and no complaints with the exception of the Goodyear tires and they are being replaced soon.

A Great American Vehicle
By jgrein on 12/12/08 17:00 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Impala. I have driven to Lincoln, NE and back and got 31.6666 miles to the gallon. It's very reliable. I do wish it had cushier seats, but, other than that, I really do love it. Thanks Chevrolet, for making a great car.

This is a great car.
By mesanders on 11/14/08 11:22 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned GM since I started driving. My last car was a 1991 Chevy Lumina Euro 2 Dr with a 3.1. Had to retire her after 290000 miles. Other than normal maintenance, oil change every 3 months, trans oil every 24 months with filter, the car still runs great and the new owner still gets 24 mpg with a heavy foot sometimes, just broke 300000 miles. This 05 Impala is a great car 28 mpg average 3.8 k motor 4spd OD trans LS option. Can't ask for more at this price. GM Certified Used Car, 5 year 10000 mile powetrain coverage from the original in service date with 12 months new car warranty coverage from the date of the used car purchase. I am looking towards another 300,000 miles.

Not Chevy!
By Mo on 10/11/08 12:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

After years of terrible experiences with Ford I was on my way to Chevy. I have always liked the look of Chevy it says sexy. My Chevy is anything but. I have a gas smell that comes through the vents that I have to roll down all windows to breathe for the first 5-8 minutes after cranking which after a year has still not been fixed due to the mechanics being unable to pinpoint the source. Runs sluggish I mean no take off except for this major lurch which scares me that I will one day run into someone. the CD player is worthless. I mean if I switch lanes it scratches and skips and the ride is rough. I am so disappointed. The good news is I will be trading it in soon for a Chevy truck.

Love of my life
By Rowen D. on 09/20/08 23:13 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought with 48000 on it, has been a dream ever since. I was in a serious head on collision, 79.4% damaged. Neither I nor my passengers were injured but my insurance on the other hand was in the ICU. I had the car repaired simply because I love it too much. Couldnt be happier.

Sad, Disappointed, and Frustrated
By Teri on 09/06/08 16:10 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car because I needed a roomier vehicle, which it is compared to the Saturn I had. I'm sad and disappointed because I have had this car back to the shop 4 times due to a gas smell and jerky, sluggish motor on acceleration. Many things have been repaired but the jerky, sluggish motor is still there. I'm frustrated because I love the look of the Impala's (always have) and I had a Lumina for 4 years that gave me absolutely no problems, loved that car! The Impala just doesn't compare and hasn't been what I expected. GM certainly has gone down in quality!

Love my car but needs some improvements
By Diesel_ on 09/01/08 17:20 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The Impala is a great car. I have had a few things replaced on it such as low and high tune horns, gaskets. I enjoy this vehicle. It's big and comfy and well I don't get pulled over when the cops have ride programs

Never again
By spar5 on 08/31/08 07:22 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought car with 12k miles on it and by 20k it had become a nightmare. At 24k needed to replace warped rotors and again at 40k. Idler arms on both sides needed replacing at 38k. Front end still squeeks like crazy but is hard to hear at times over the rattles in the dash. Post on drivers side also rattles. window motor on passenger side went out. Now tranny problems. Done with GM products!

2005 Impala cop car
By Chris on 08/09/08 13:52 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

It's a pretty good car for being a rebuilt title and a cop car. It only has 20,000 miles and I bought it for 9,000 dollars. It handles great around corners. And it has good pick up. Also it's cool when some one thinks you are a cop and they slow down and you just fly by.