2005 Chevrolet Impala LS
By Ken on
2005 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)
I purchased one of the last 2005's at my local dealer, it was on the showroom floor. So far, I really enjoy this car, it's comfortable, runs real well (3.8L V-6), and returns exceptional gas mileage. My commute is 100% city, no highway driving, in fact, I rarely get this car on the highway, and I consistently average 19 m.p.g. in city driving, not bad for a large 5 passenger sedan. The dash is a bit dated, but the exterior still has alot of appeal, and one of my favorite things about the exterior is that it is instantly recognizable as a Chevy, especially at night when the taillamps are lit !
Favorite Features
Exterior styling, mine has the diamond cut aluminum wheels, they really add to the look of the car, plus it has the chrome exhaust tip (single, I wish it had dual !), a nice dealer installed painted pin stripe, and rear spoiler. To me, it's a great looking car, and I get positive comments on it.
Suggested Improvements
Chevy has already greatly improved upon this car with the '06 model, especially Powertrains and Interior materials, they're first rate in the '06 model. I've driven the '06 as well, and it certainly is quieter than my '05 is too. A return to rear drive an standard V-8 power would be awesome !