2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
dont buy this car unless you enjoy head aches
By jackie55 on 02/03/12 19:22 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car 3 years ago in hopes i would have a good car I drove out of the dealer and the car was pulling to the right bad. I took it back a couple days later to have them tell me it was something called torque steer. It turned out to be a wheel bearing. I replaced it on my own the dealer didn't pay for it and don't you know that torque steer was no longer there. I replace wheel bearings every 6mo. About 4 months later my radio started making crazy noises even when the car was off and all doors were closed. The radio stopped working all together a short time later. Then i noticed puddles of water on the floor in the back seat dont have a clue where its coming from. My dash goes crazy

Never buying another GM vehicle again...
By workingdogdoc on 06/29/11 21:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a 2005 Impala as a program car that year and it had 28K. It's 2011 and now has 106K. Total crapper. While it's not a bad car to drive around in the city or highway and has pretty generous space, the reliability has totally put me off GM cars for good. I seem to have at least 1-2 major repairs on it per year and my next big one is coming up like clockwork. Woohoo...water heater pump, power steering pump, now fuel pump have all gone out. The heating system also failed. The transmission has a tendency to slip. The instrument cluster has all reset themselves at random intervals, then gone back to being fine. My husband drives a same year Camry and it's night and day more reliable!

great value
By mudshark78s on 04/03/11 21:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

just purchased this car in february for $7000.00, with 85,000 miles,owned the 3.8 SC in a 96 riviera and new the lighter Impala would fly and have not been dissapointed. came with a few mods,3.4 pulley ,cooler plugs and 180 degree thermostat. did have rusted out oil pan, jb welded it , new one came with purchase ,warmer weather job.definitely aren't many of these available and would recommend one .

$$$$ BIG TIME LEMON $$$$
By angeleyes8523 on 03/21/11 22:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been a nightmare since I bought it. The transmission slipped the first day I had it. I had a to replace the converter, thermostat (5 times), had the entire system flushed over 50 times, and the blower motor resistor 2 times, not including the water pump, and O2 sensor. It is pretty bad that the car is constantly overheating, with no heat in the car. When the blower motor resistor goes you have to disconnect the battery because their is no other way to turn off the fan. It will continue to blow even if the key is out. It will not stop even after hours.

Comfort and Reliability!
By hotshorts on 02/04/11 20:10 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car is honestly the best vehicle I have ever owned. I purchased it in mid-2009 with 52,000 miles on it and it now has 95,000 miles. The only problem I have had thus far was with the instrument panel, but that was fixed under warranty. It has been 100% reliable, always starts, always runs well. I have run full synthetic oil in it since day 1. I have taken this car on several long trips and it is super comfy and has gotten 31 mpg driving at 75 mph. The power is substantial, but I will opt for the 3.8 next time around. Overall this car is hard to beat. Power, comfort, reliability, and great gas mileage for a huge car! A+

i just love my impala
By barbara on 10/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Well i purchased my impala a few months ago and i have to tell you l just enjoy it so much. i love the body style and everything. i really think it's a nice car.

Excellent Automobile
By mariebl on 09/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I really can't find anything about my Impala that I don't like. It is comfortable driving, I have good visibility, use my cruise control on highway and have only had the usual maintenance done and the history the maintenance was done when specified. I would recommend buying this car to anyone wanting a comfortable, safe car especially those who travel a lot. Had back problems with other cars, not with my Impala, has a Lumbar adjustment in drivers seat. Love driving my car.

2005 Chevy Impala SS
By Rome on 09/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I just purchased my 2005 Chevy Impala SS. I've only had it a short time and really love it. I'm an enthusiast and this car meets most of my high standards. It has plenty of room for my 2 kids, huge truck, and it's a great car for a 45 year old dad. I bought it with 31,000 miles and have to say this Impala is of few that are truly worthy of the legendary SS badge dating back 50 years. if you find one of these with low miles, grab it, they are now hard to find and will be future collections. Bravo GM you did this one right.

No more chevy's for me
By jjc_babs on 09/14/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased my 2005 Impala used in 2006, with 20,000 miles. Since than I have had to replace the water heater, radiator, cost of 1300.00. Dealer did not volunteer any additional information about this issue. Since than my speedometer and RPM gauge cluster went out another 600.00. not to mention my traction issue that was another 700.00. Oh, and when they say they checked your fluids I think they just look at them because at my last oil change 2 months ago they never said I was low on anything. I found my coolant to be low.And I don't understand how they overlooked an interior light other than the miniscule lights built in the mirror I will never buy a Chevy again.

Be careful
By OSCAR on 09/08/10 12:05 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I recently got a 2005 impala with 118,000 miles for 7,300 dollars. At first it ran well but once i bought and i turned it on in the morning and tried to leave i couldn't i had to wait for it warm up. when its cold it wouldn't run so if you're planning to buy an impala make sure it runs when it's cold. other than that it's a great car to have and go out with.