Used 2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan Consumer Reviews - 150 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Overall great car
By Wheelman

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned for almost two years now and love to drive this car. Great looks, power, handling, and fuel for a full-sized car. And a big trunk. I was driving 128 miles a day to and from work, and now only 63. It's a nice ride. I've had a few issues including turning the brake rotors and had the intermediate steering shaft replaced. The steering shaft was covered by warranty. I enjoy the comfortable ride and plenty of power to get around traffic. I bought this car because of the Consumer reports rates very well, great looks, and fuel mileage for a descent V6. I hope the newer style models rate well for my next purchase down the road.

200 watt stereo sounds great with XM, huge trunk, nice gas mileage for a V6, and nice styling. Radio controls on the steering wheel along with a lot of extra features such as tire pressure monitoring and oil change indicator.

It would be nice to bypass the DLR and auto headlights. The center two rear taillights are not lighted. Wish the radio had iPod or MP3 player input. I would have put in a new radio, but vehicle controls a made thru the radio controls.

2005 Impala LS
By ourlivesforhim

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have had this car for 22 months now. A great highway car. I drive 70 miles a day, and have a true average of 25.6 MPG. Some highway and some stop and go. Hard to beat that when you consider this is a full size car. I have had many Honda's in the past. This car is built just as well. Perfect, no, but darn close. The 3.8 is strong and solid. The brakes are excellent. Check the safety ratings! Top of the class. Go Chevy!

Smooth rider
By Drew

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car is very smooth and quiet. There is no center console so you have room to spread out although the backseats aren't as spacious as you might think. My first tank fillups have given me mileages of 21, 22, 19, 29, and 30 with the last two being all highway and the first 3 mixed. Overall I'm very pleased with my purchase but would not buy one brand new because they lose their value very quickly compared to Honda or Toyota. Handling is not very good and the car tends to drift but that is the trade off for a super soft ride.

Ride, look, smoothness

Gas mileage. I only get 15mpg if I do all city driving. Known for gaskets failing.

Low MPG
By Jon

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Overall this is a good car. It rides great and looks great. It has many nice interior features, such as dual zone climate control, automatic headlights, and an amazing stock stereo. The trunk is huge. There is plenty of room for an adult to sit on each side of my son's center mounted booster seat. However, my fuel economy is awful. I am concentrating on being as easy on take offs as possible and still only get 17mpg. I have called the dealer and they say that unless the check engine light comes on, there is nothing wrong with the car.

Climate control, stereo, interior room

Improved MPG. Other owners get great economy. I guess I got a stinker!

Love my 2005 impala
By joe laRosa

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car rides like dream, and mileage is outstanding at 24 city, 28 combined, 34 highway. The dash guage setup is great and easy to read. The stereo system is 200 watt with awesome sound. Interior room is also great. Leg room is more than ample, and i am 6ft.8in tall. The impala is an allround great car.

Stereo system 200 watt sounds great. Gas mileage is awesome. You can drive this car on a long trip and not feel at all tired at the end of the trip.

Interior cloth material could be better quality, but still good.