2005 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
By Terri on 03/22/05 19:28 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2005 Impala after being T- boned in my 2003 Impala last month. The safety rating was the determining factor in 2003, and it proved to be correct. While the car was totalled, I was not hurt, and the 3 carseats in the back were untouched. The car is extremely comfortable, roomy and fuel efficient. It handles nicely, and above all, it is built to protect passengers in the case of a crash.

Loving my Impala
By Jazzy on 03/18/05 07:41 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is one comfy car - it corners well, handles well, is responsive, has both pep and good gas economy. TONS of room with a giant trunk. There is a bit of excess noise with the moon-roof opened, and no factory-made windscreen for it. Heater fan gets loud, and it is time to get a set-by-temperature feature instead of the slide bar to control heat.

Big, Sweet Ride
By John on 02/28/05 22:40 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Impala SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

All the features I wanted and nothing more. Cruises great at 70. But if you want the supercharger it will let you know it's there. I drive a lot during any given day and don't feel drained getting home as before. Ergonomics are fine. Don't pay attention to the pinhead critics that don't like the layout of the cup holders and derate the entire vehicle. Not impling there are things I wouldn't change or like changed (full display with XM, and location of parking brake) with the interior, but for the money I'm not complaining. Love the body style, small in front and big in back.

Bargain of the year
By Don Nelson on 02/11/05 18:26 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Impala SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

The Impala SS may not be a head turner but in terms of the "bang for your buck" factor it's tough to beat (especially considering discounts being offered on soon to be "old style" 2005's). It's comfortable, quick and has all the amenities. You can get an SS with an MSRP of over $30K for $23-24K. It may not be worth $30K but for $23K it's a steal. Critics have blasted the Impala. Check it out and make up your own mind!

Excellent car
By Rick Hidenberg on 01/16/05 09:38 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I was a little disappointed at first with the gas mileage, however after 2000 miles, it has really moved up better than I expected. The handling and performance is much better than I thought it could be. While not a sports sedan, you will be pleasantly surprised at the handling. Was undecided between the Malibu and the Impala, this was a far better choice. I would make one comment if you are looking to purchase this car, shop around the price differences between dealers is quite large. You need this car!

Better than Bimmer
By Henry on 01/10/05 13:26 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Impala SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

More room and comfort than most German or Japanese cars. Press the gas and the supercharger kicks in with a powerful and smooth acceleration. It's like being in a rocket. As a person who commutes 100 miles a day, roundtrip, I no longer feel pain after getting out of the car.

Chevy Impapa LS
By Jerry S. on 01/03/05 19:11 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I recently purchased a new Chevrolet Impala LS. I wasnt looking for all the bells and whistles, but more for the roominess both interior and trunk. True, this car is a bit generic, but the leather interior is very comfortable, especially with power seats. The interior noise is reasonably quiet except for a minor transaxle whine in 1st and 2nd gear. Coarse roads also bring on some unpleasant resonance. Front spoiler annoyingly seems to hit every driveway. All the interior controls are very legible with a decent sound system. The 3.8 v6 starts and runs flawlessly. with excellent mpg.If your looking for nice comfortable and practical full size transportation, consider the Impala.

gimpala
By bob on 01/01/05 14:03 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

let's see.....two tone grey vinyl dash with faux wood trim are the highlights of this tribute to historic american auto interior design.....lame and uninspired particularly when compared to other model in this price category....I won't even comment on the patterns in the seating area.

Great car
By Brand on 12/20/04 19:19 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I've just purchased my second Impala (keeping the first one). These are great cars for the money and stand up to fleet-type use. I would strongly recommend an Impala for any value oriented shopper looking for a solid, well-built, roomy, quick, large sedan.

Salesman Sedan
By Turbo XL on 12/18/04 13:21 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I travel a large 8 state area of the Midwest. My average week is 1,200 to 1,500 miles per week. The fuel mileage is a steady 29 - 30 mpg, which helps with the high fuel prices. I wish I would have purchased the XM/ On Star option. I'm 6'2" & fit comfortable. But I dislike the seat due to it already sagging out, & would like it to have more lumbar support. Also, I prefer a tighter suspension, however I realize that I prefer a stiffer ride, & that is not what the public wants. I will be replacing my car in the spring & will consider buying an other Impala.