2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Quiet and smooth
By john anderson on 06/06/05 15:21 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I'm very pleased with how smooth and quiet this car is. I got over 21 mpg city and 27 hwy despite miles of stop and go work zones. I think OnStar is a great feature. I love the security it gives me, and XM radio is just great. I got belted with a hard rain and no leaks and no brake fade. I feel if everyone drove an Impala, they wouldn't buy anything else .I am amazed at how quiet and smooth the motor and transmission are. You can't hear it during normal driving. I also think its the best looking car.

What a car!
By billjo4 on 06/05/05 02:19 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is one great automobile. Fit and finish is superb inside and out. The powertrain is very quiet and responsive. The interior is quiet, no squeaks or rattles. This is a "tall" car, you sit deep into the seats and it gives you a real sense of security and confidence, not to mention it corners like a cat. I am so impressed with this car, several friends have bought one on my suggestion and a test drive. A "best buy" in it's class!

Impala Pride
By Frank Goshert on 06/02/05 13:46 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This is a much better ride than our 1999 Sable. The Impala is very comfortable to drive and is very quiet. I love the 6 way power split bench. After years of buckets it is nice to spread out.

My car
By adpmcc on 04/13/05 21:50 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I love it. Very quiet. I like the automatic lights, it helps me whe I forget to switch them off. The console between the front seats is perfect and has just the right sized holes for my cell phone, gate opener, and don't forget my Starbucks!

It is what it is, and it's good for that
By Frank on 04/10/05 00:21 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

It kills me that some people want or expect a Corvette out of this car. The Impala is a great car for its class. The engine is responsive but not overpowering, the exterior design is very nice, and the interior isn't bad, but could use some improvement. I have not attempted to blaze through s-turns at 130MPH, but I imagine that it won't do so well. So what? It's a full-size, 4-door sedan, not a Porsche. The sound system is good. It's pretty quiet compared to a Maxima or Taurus, although it's no Caddy in that department. Overall, it's a great value for its size and class!

My Impala Is The Best
By Impala on 03/31/05 18:24 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I love my Impala. It's comfortable, roomy and with four doors, It's easy to travel in. Offers a quiet, smooth ride. You feel as if you're sitting still even at 70 MPH.

Great value car
By Larry Caffee on 03/27/05 00:23 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Have gotten 32 mpg, live in a rual area. Car rides and drives great, love the 16 inch wheels, I do get road noise on certain highways, but I can live with that. Its a great value for the buck, will buy another. Have owned Chevys before.

I really LIKE that car!
By Giovanni on 03/25/05 23:16 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Brand new, jet black, base model, cloth seats, looks and drive great. Very good value, with a couple of options, it's a commuter workhorse, but also turns some heads- real nice lines, 16 inch wheels give a lot of road feel, good ground clearances, low road noise, vision is good (fourth roof pillar hangs out there a bit). Huge trunk makes a good 'crumple zone' in event of rear ender. 4 doors are manageable- in contrast with Monte Carlo 'vault' doors. Great fuel economy with small six, lot's of power, even with passengers, Engine breathes real well under moderate acceleration. Dash mounted key switch is handy, column shifter perfectly placed. OnStar, CD, 4 wheel disc brakes, MAN oh MAN I love this car!

I Enjoy it
By D. Paluch on 03/25/05 20:17 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I am 6'3" tall. The Impala is the only auto of this size with a console that lets me drive without having my right knee continually pressing uncomfortably against the shift console. The Impala is quick,agile,and brakes well. I agree the interior ergonomics are not as well done as in my wife's Accord, but for long trips and comfort for a larger individual it cant be beat.

By Terri on 03/22/05 19:28 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2005 Impala after being T- boned in my 2003 Impala last month. The safety rating was the determining factor in 2003, and it proved to be correct. While the car was totalled, I was not hurt, and the 3 carseats in the back were untouched. The car is extremely comfortable, roomy and fuel efficient. It handles nicely, and above all, it is built to protect passengers in the case of a crash.