Used 2005 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Nice Car
By Army Vet

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this car off of the original owner with 25,000 miles on it. This car drives very well and man does it hug the road. This car does turn heads even when it's dirty which is not very often. There are only two things one is it seems as tho the paint on the front end chips away very easy? The other is sometimes when you start it up the starter will stay engaged for about 3 to 5 seconds. Other than that I find that we are all very comfortable with this care and we are very happy with our choice.

The room and the looks

Raise the front end a little.

Love the MPGs
By JayL

2005 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This is the most comfortable car I've owned. This was the showroom car loaded with all options but the sunroof. It has an extremely quiet ride. Very comfortable wide leather seats. Definitely a big man's car. I get a steady 27 MPG mixed use! On strict highway trips as much as 35. Granted, I am a professional driver and have been trained on smooth operation of an automobile. But this is better mileage than my '02 Hyundai Elantra 4 cyl stick got me. Cannot ask for more. Sticker says 20 city 30 highway. It's more! No mechanical issues yet, but the Eagle GT tires become noisy as it wears. Can't wait to put a set of Michelins on.

Love the leather seats, the auto dim mirror, the steering wheel controls. The trip computer is very accurate. The mirrors are big and give you excellent visibility.

Brighter headlights and better tires.

Love my impala
By impalafan

2005 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Had this car 3+ yrs, & still love it. At about 47k miles, and ready for new tires/ brakes. Fun to drive, great power, & plenty of room for my 250lb frame; I could drive in comfort forever. Massive trunk, 17+ sq.ft.! 3.8 V6 can really take off, easy to get flying if you're not careful! Dashboard/stereo laid out well, intuitive controls. Info center tells you when you need gas, washer fluid, & even when tire pressure is low. XM & OnStar are standard. I can't say enough for this car!

Steering wheel radio controls, sunroof, 8-way power, heated leather seats for driver and front passenger, all a first in a car for me, & all worth it. outside temp guage

Move location of horn, sits behind headlight. Had it replaced last year when it shorted out after driving thru standing water (less than 5"). Windshield wipers don't flip all the way up, which can be problem in snowy northeast. Controls can be awkward in certain rain conditions.

problem s
By puppet

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The front of the car is to low and everytime I go over a bump-it scraps under the bottom of the car. I recently are have problems with transmission fuel leaking and the steering shaft is making noises. Also, I don't have any heat on the drivers side.

The truck is very roomy and inside of the back seats are very roomy

New design inside and out.

I still love my 'pala
By ISTILLLOVEIT!

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought the car from the same dealership my wife bought her 2006 Mazda 6 from. Anyway, the dealership addressed some issue about the car that I was concerned about because of safety issues (bent tie rod, back brakes and tires were bad, and carfax report still not in my hands!). I love this car, and I've always liked them. Ride's smooth and it has a good bit of power. Car was a rental car from Virginia beach (yeah I don't really like that part [bought it at 40,000 miles], but it's been 3 months and [knock on wood], no problems). I've read online of some of the problems people are having with their Impalas but I'm still satisfied with my buy. Got a year warranty to boot from dealership!

Interior room and trim. Comfort and ride quality. Looks and power. Didn't have room in suggested improvement part below: 2005 Impala was last year for W body, be careful with your purchase! I hope I helped! Happy shopping!

I suggest looking under the oil cap to see if you can find some white sludge on it (PCV valve/coolant leak, this year's PCV valve was riveted down though, 3.4L). Steering assembly still popping and clicking (common W body Impala problem with I-shaft). Shutter on acceleration (cold) with no fix.