Used 2005 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Reviews - 150 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Impala

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

Sad, Disappointed, and Frustrated
By Teri

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car because I needed a roomier vehicle, which it is compared to the Saturn I had. I'm sad and disappointed because I have had this car back to the shop 4 times due to a gas smell and jerky, sluggish motor on acceleration. Many things have been repaired but the jerky, sluggish motor is still there. I'm frustrated because I love the look of the Impala's (always have) and I had a Lumina for 4 years that gave me absolutely no problems, loved that car! The Impala just doesn't compare and hasn't been what I expected. GM certainly has gone down in quality!

Roomy indeed, love the dual climate control and all the extra buttons on the car. If it doesn't completely leave me stranded somewhere before I trade it in, I guess I will like it more.

Motor

Love my car but needs some improvements
By Diesel_

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The Impala is a great car. I have had a few things replaced on it such as low and high tune horns, gaskets. I enjoy this vehicle. It's big and comfy and well I don't get pulled over when the cops have ride programs

Roomy, amazing highway car,

Don't put Goodyear Eaglele GA tires on, cd player skips and scratches, thicker head gaskets, make the airfilter easier to access!

Never again
By spar5

2005 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought car with 12k miles on it and by 20k it had become a nightmare. At 24k needed to replace warped rotors and again at 40k. Idler arms on both sides needed replacing at 38k. Front end still squeeks like crazy but is hard to hear at times over the rattles in the dash. Post on drivers side also rattles. window motor on passenger side went out. Now tranny problems. Done with GM products!

Heated seats, looks, trunk & interior room.

Build quality, fit & finish, mechanical reliability. Bye GM, hello Toyota

2005 Impala cop car
By Chris

2005 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

It's a pretty good car for being a rebuilt title and a cop car. It only has 20,000 miles and I bought it for 9,000 dollars. It handles great around corners. And it has good pick up. Also it's cool when some one thinks you are a cop and they slow down and you just fly by.

Having the 3.8l v6 is great, and having the heavy duty suspension and four disk brakes is pretty good too.

None to think of.

2005 Impala LS
By Elliott Viera

2005 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

My 05 Impala is a joy to drive. The 3800 series engine responds effectively and without hesitation. The Goodyear tires are terrible. I will purchase Michelins next time. The interior is very quiet with no rattles. It handles extremely well considering the size of the car. I have had 5 adults in the car with no complaints about leg room or hip room. The interior is spacious and very well laid out.

The seats are very comfortable and I really enjoy the heat option. The Driver Information Center is very accurate and helpful.

Do away with the Goodyear tires. Add an aftermarket air filter for better performance.