2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
Excellent car!!!
By crazymonk2012 on 02/05/12 20:50 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

All I can say is the car is fantastic. Okay those of you that read this review. If you ever buy an earlier Impala. Buy one with a 3.8 okay. They have the fewest of problems. My big plus with the vehicle is the reliability! I mean problems I have seen on this forum are probably really picky people. Although if you look at it. My 2005 Impala has always been reliable. Never broken down before ever!! I love this car and recommend that if you buy this car. Buy one with a 3.8. If you buy a newer Impala do not buy the 3.9 engine. Get the one with the 3.6 liter. Hope this helps you all.

dont buy this car unless you enjoy head aches
By jackie55 on 02/03/12 19:22 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car 3 years ago in hopes i would have a good car I drove out of the dealer and the car was pulling to the right bad. I took it back a couple days later to have them tell me it was something called torque steer. It turned out to be a wheel bearing. I replaced it on my own the dealer didn't pay for it and don't you know that torque steer was no longer there. I replace wheel bearings every 6mo. About 4 months later my radio started making crazy noises even when the car was off and all doors were closed. The radio stopped working all together a short time later. Then i noticed puddles of water on the floor in the back seat dont have a clue where its coming from. My dash goes crazy

i just love my impala
By barbara on 10/29/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Well i purchased my impala a few months ago and i have to tell you l just enjoy it so much. i love the body style and everything. i really think it's a nice car.

All Around Solid Car.
By ptcm1 on 05/08/10 14:58 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

The Impala is not the fanciest car out there but it's super reliable and solid sedan. I had no problems with this car other than ordinary maintenance and it had 105,000 miles on it. It's built so you can do most fixes by yourself.

very satisfied
By tony on 12/31/09 11:37 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This 3.8 v-6 Engine is well known to run over 300,000 miles which is why i bought it i have always owned Gm and have had almost complete success. I made sure i got the 3.8 cause the 3.4 was well known to have problems. i had a 1993 grand prix with the 3.4 with many problems. other than that, the other 6 GM cars I've owned i have run well over 200k miles EACH. I do most of the work on my own cars and have only replaced an hvac temperature sensor for the drivers side in my impala in the two years I've owned it (except oil changes of course). fuel economy is not as good as newer models but they reduced the cars size a lot on 2006 and later models. i am very satisfied. a malibu will be next.

Law and Order/Rivals No Match
By PaoloRossi82MVP on 12/25/09 23:35 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased the 2005 Impala for two reasons: First its Reliability/Outstanding Crash Test (its line has been around at least once every decade since the 1950s). The 3.8 Liter engine is more reliable than the 3.4 Liter engine. Second is the Available Standard Features (More on that later). The Impala drives more like a Luxury Sports Sedan not as a Mid-Size Sedan. I needed a reliable car to take me to and from work, and with the Impala I am actually enjoying it very much. I test driven Accords, Camry, Taurus, Sable, and Maxima (prior to 04 Model Year)in the past, it doesn't have the safety record and safety features that are Standard as it is in the Impala.

Steering Shaft/transmission slipping
By Harry McGee on 11/18/09 12:28 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased car new and when slowing to stop the car shut off 4 different times. It would start back up ok. When starting off transmission slipped 8 times. Starting about 20,000 miles you would hear a clicking sound/bump when you backed up and started off. I went back to the dealer about 10 times trying to get these things taken care of. They would drive the car and say they cannot find anything wrong. Asked them to put all info in the computer. At 35,000, bad rotors, 43,000 bad tire rods, they paid for both. About 80,000 miles replaced Intermediate steering shaft my cost. Driving 2010 Toyoto Camry now. This was my 6th Chev. Impala and I will never buy another Chevrolet. You Decide.

2005 Chevy Impala LS sedan
By Jim McIntire on 01/01/09 18:22 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

This car was purchased because the previous car owned a Pontiac Grand Prix was a lemon and a half and was traded in. My Impala was used with 24000 miles on it and now has 47000 miles and no trouble what so ever. Windows were already tinted and interior was what I wanted. Cannot ask for a better car and no complaints with the exception of the Goodyear tires and they are being replaced soon.

This is a great car.
By mesanders on 11/14/08 11:22 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned GM since I started driving. My last car was a 1991 Chevy Lumina Euro 2 Dr with a 3.1. Had to retire her after 290000 miles. Other than normal maintenance, oil change every 3 months, trans oil every 24 months with filter, the car still runs great and the new owner still gets 24 mpg with a heavy foot sometimes, just broke 300000 miles. This 05 Impala is a great car 28 mpg average 3.8 k motor 4spd OD trans LS option. Can't ask for more at this price. GM Certified Used Car, 5 year 10000 mile powetrain coverage from the original in service date with 12 months new car warranty coverage from the date of the used car purchase. I am looking towards another 300,000 miles.

Never again
By spar5 on 08/31/08 07:22 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala Sedan LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

Bought car with 12k miles on it and by 20k it had become a nightmare. At 24k needed to replace warped rotors and again at 40k. Idler arms on both sides needed replacing at 38k. Front end still squeeks like crazy but is hard to hear at times over the rattles in the dash. Post on drivers side also rattles. window motor on passenger side went out. Now tranny problems. Done with GM products!

1 2 3 4 5 next »