Used 2005 Chevrolet Impala SS Consumer Reviews - 20 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Impala

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

BEAUTIFUL CAR
By Aimee Propes

2005 Chevrolet Impala SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

These are sweet car's even 10 yrs later. The color blue is eye catching. It is the SS MODEL. And it's the only yr. It came out.

2005 Impala
By klm005

2005 Chevrolet Impala SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I purchased the extended warranty which gave me coverage to 60,000 miles.
I loved this car until the problems began. I have replaced tie rods which failed just out of warranty.
My biggest problem has been whenever there is a hard, fast rain, the front floor passenger floor fills with water. It happened at least half a dozen times. My dealer said they could do nothing since there was no water when they looked at it.

After my warranty expired, my speakers stopped working.
The radio is fine, but no sound.
There is also no dinging sound for low fuel...
Now, at 95,000 miles, my transmission is slipping. I've been told it could be just clogged fuel line.
Don't know what to buy next.

I love the size of the car. Fits a big family comfortably. Split rear folding seat is very convenient for loading the very large trunk. I get about 22 mpg city and 29mpg highway.

GM should take care of problems when they occur instead of saying they can't find anything until warranty runs out. Maybe that was just my dealer, but they represent GM.

great value
By mudshark78s

2005 Chevrolet Impala SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

just purchased this car in february for $7000.00, with 85,000 miles,owned the 3.8 SC in a 96 riviera and new the lighter Impala would fly and have not been dissapointed. came with a few mods,3.4 pulley ,cooler plugs and 180 degree thermostat. did have rusted out oil pan, jb welded it , new one came with purchase ,warmer weather job.definitely aren't many of these available and would recommend one .

SC 3.8 engine , gauge package,comfortable heated seats, sun roof,

rear wheel drive

2005 Chevy Impala SS
By Rome

2005 Chevrolet Impala SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I just purchased my 2005 Chevy Impala SS. I've only had it a short time and really love it. I'm an enthusiast and this car meets most of my high standards. It has plenty of room for my 2 kids, huge truck, and it's a great car for a 45 year old dad. I bought it with 31,000 miles and have to say this Impala is of few that are truly worthy of the legendary SS badge dating back 50 years. if you find one of these with low miles, grab it, they are now hard to find and will be future collections. Bravo GM you did this one right.

Handling, Performance, Creature comforts. Love On Star.

Improve fuel mileage. Buyer beware this car does not meet up to today's standards as far as efficiency. 16 mpg is the best I can do with combined driving.

2005 Impala SS
By PM

2005 Chevrolet Impala SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I recently purchased this car. I love the ride, the style, and the performance. It has around 70,000 miles, and no rattles or squeaks! And while I've had it only a short time (just over a month), I was quite surprised by the low fuel economy. Even while staying off the boost, the MPG is still pretty lousy. I had a 3.8 in a 97 Pontiac GP, and got much, much better mileage. But I guess thats the price one pays for performance! Other than the mileage, no problems at all!

Goodyear GT tires, acceleration, and roominess.

Better stereo!!!