2005 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
2005 Impala
By klm005 on 05/03/13 16:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I purchased the extended warranty which gave me coverage to 60,000 miles. I loved this car until the problems began. I have replaced tie rods which failed just out of warranty. My biggest problem has been whenever there is a hard, fast rain, the front floor passenger floor fills with water. It happened at least half a dozen times. My dealer said they could do nothing since there was no water when they looked at it. After my warranty expired, my speakers stopped working. The radio is fine, but no sound. There is also no dinging sound for low fuel... Now, at 95,000 miles, my transmission is slipping. I've been told it could be just clogged fuel line. Don't know what to buy next.

great value
By mudshark78s on 04/03/11 21:18 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

just purchased this car in february for $7000.00, with 85,000 miles,owned the 3.8 SC in a 96 riviera and new the lighter Impala would fly and have not been dissapointed. came with a few mods,3.4 pulley ,cooler plugs and 180 degree thermostat. did have rusted out oil pan, jb welded it , new one came with purchase ,warmer weather job.definitely aren't many of these available and would recommend one .

2005 Chevy Impala SS
By Rome on 09/24/10 00:00 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I just purchased my 2005 Chevy Impala SS. I've only had it a short time and really love it. I'm an enthusiast and this car meets most of my high standards. It has plenty of room for my 2 kids, huge truck, and it's a great car for a 45 year old dad. I bought it with 31,000 miles and have to say this Impala is of few that are truly worthy of the legendary SS badge dating back 50 years. if you find one of these with low miles, grab it, they are now hard to find and will be future collections. Bravo GM you did this one right.

2005 Impala SS
By PM on 04/25/10 09:35 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I recently purchased this car. I love the ride, the style, and the performance. It has around 70,000 miles, and no rattles or squeaks! And while I've had it only a short time (just over a month), I was quite surprised by the low fuel economy. Even while staying off the boost, the MPG is still pretty lousy. I had a 3.8 in a 97 Pontiac GP, and got much, much better mileage. But I guess thats the price one pays for performance! Other than the mileage, no problems at all!

my ss
By trell on 06/11/09 16:47 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

i love this car.... easy to use... everything is there..

Awesome Value for Money
By Ray Campbell on 09/19/06 17:31 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

This is my first Impala, and I have to say it is the best car I have owned. Had it for a year now, and I'm still impressed. I looked at the Honda Accord and the Toyota Camry, but the Impala SS gave me the best value for money. Was able to get all the bells and whistles for a great price. Plenty of room, lots of power, stylish good looks, and great gas mileage for a large sedan. It's a joy to drive. I get tons of complements on the laser blue color. It looks blue or purple depending on with angle you look at it. Great for long drive or short trips around town. I would buy another Impala.

Great Car
By JoMama on 02/28/06 20:55 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Impala SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

My 3rd Impala since the new model in 2000 - kept the second so hubby can commute with it. Our kids are amazed at how spunky these sedans are, and the mileage is amazing. The SS mileage is lower, but of course the ave. speed is higher...great fun to drive. Makes the 2 hours/day a treat most days.

Car for the whole family
By zonadogg on 07/17/05 22:35 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

After driving other GM SUV models, making the shift to a car was a bit strange. The Impala SS changed that; great truck room, roomy interior, and oh by the way, it has a few ponies under the hood for daddy. Only bad thing; one color doesn't always fits all. Just take this baby on the open highway and let your foot get a little heavy. This car brings back the fun in driving without making you broke!

'05 Impala (best decision I ever made!)
By Nickalas on 06/24/05 04:19 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I have the top of the line SS Impala and I was suprised that the supercharged engine got such great fuel economy. And it has a little kick to it when you step on the accellerator.

'05 SS
By ikeman on 06/12/05 17:08 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

Very good value for the money. I was impressed with the preformance, even though it does not have a V-8. Very spacious cabin and trunk area. The car handles very well and the steering is far from sluggish. It's very smooth even at highway speeds.