Used 2005 Chevrolet Impala Base Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

2005 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

2005 Chevrolet Impala

View reviews for a specific Impala model:

love my 05
By johnandy

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

leased it new and was so pleased I bought it still driving and still very pleased.I have hit mid 30 hyw at 64 mph still org battery tires last wich means good steering geo never faild to start it looks great and ON Star is a safty feature that saves lives

Favorite Features

ON Star saved a life

I love this car
By triciakraft

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2005 base model Impala with 210k miles on it. Ive only had 3problems with it. A fuel pressure regulator ($50), Catalytic Converter ($250) and my cruise control hasn't worked in approx 3 weeks. I own 2 other vehicles a expedition and a 2011 convertible Camaro SS with all the bells and whistles imaginable. This may sound a bit nuts, but I prefer the Impala, the ride is so much more comfortable not to mention 29mpg. I drive it everyday it hasn't given me any problems (its well maintained) and i expect to last at least another 130k. If you had problems with this vehicle, you probably didn't care for it as well as you could have.

Another piece of GM junk
By kandis67

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2011 with 54k miles on it. I now have ~78k and it has just been one problem after another since day one. Huge lack of power, stopping on a slight incline on the road would cause me to roll backward when releasing the brake. Transmission jumps and skips. Can't get it to start 85% of the time. Fuel regulator began spitting out gasoline at 60k ($180 fix). Tie rods are crap. Wiper motor is seized. Heat randomly shuts on and off.

The best car I have ever owned so far,
By marqukitea

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2005 Impala, 2011, Its a good car But the gas miles suck, Its a good family car cause I have 3kids, The car was 10,000 But it had low miles to that why I got it. Im almost done payin for it Only owe abot 32hun So thats good I would buy another Impala, But now im lookin for an Truck by GM, So I have my eye on an Chevy Treverse, Good luck to me.

Favorite Features

I love the color,

Suggested Improvements

A place tp hook up an Ipod.

My best car yet...
By templetonpeck

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my '05 Impala in January of 2006, it was used with 17k miles. As of now, it has 198k miles. Sad to say, those miles are starting to show. There's a lot of 'nickle and dime' stuff going out (windows roll down, but not up, gauges get stuck, and other things), but she's been a good car for 6+ years and 175k miles. It's time to hand it off to the kids for their school car. If you're looking for a status symbol, the Impala isn't it. If you're looking for a good solid car that will get you to point A to point B, it gets the job done.

Favorite Features

What can I say? It's a base Impala... I guess the sunroof was really nice on those cool summer nights. Oh, and I loved the exterior styling. Sharp looking car, according to my taste. I think the newer models took a big turn towards plain (although the 2013's are stepping up the style a bit).