2005 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
love my 05
By johnandy on 05/06/14 08:12 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

leased it new and was so pleased I bought it still driving and still very pleased.I have hit mid 30 hyw at 64 mph still org battery tires last wich means good steering geo never faild to start it looks great and ON Star is a safty feature that saves lives

I love this car
By triciakraft on 05/22/13 18:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2005 base model Impala with 210k miles on it. Ive only had 3problems with it. A fuel pressure regulator ($50), Catalytic Converter ($250) and my cruise control hasn't worked in approx 3 weeks. I own 2 other vehicles a expedition and a 2011 convertible Camaro SS with all the bells and whistles imaginable. This may sound a bit nuts, but I prefer the Impala, the ride is so much more comfortable not to mention 29mpg. I drive it everyday it hasn't given me any problems (its well maintained) and i expect to last at least another 130k. If you had problems with this vehicle, you probably didn't care for it as well as you could have.

Another piece of GM junk
By kandis67 on 01/06/13 10:57 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2011 with 54k miles on it. I now have ~78k and it has just been one problem after another since day one. Huge lack of power, stopping on a slight incline on the road would cause me to roll backward when releasing the brake. Transmission jumps and skips. Can't get it to start 85% of the time. Fuel regulator began spitting out gasoline at 60k ($180 fix). Tie rods are crap. Wiper motor is seized. Heat randomly shuts on and off.

The best car I have ever owned so far,
By marqukitea on 12/18/12 14:13 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2005 Impala, 2011, Its a good car But the gas miles suck, Its a good family car cause I have 3kids, The car was 10,000 But it had low miles to that why I got it. Im almost done payin for it Only owe abot 32hun So thats good I would buy another Impala, But now im lookin for an Truck by GM, So I have my eye on an Chevy Treverse, Good luck to me.

My best car yet...
By templetonpeck on 10/17/12 13:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my '05 Impala in January of 2006, it was used with 17k miles. As of now, it has 198k miles. Sad to say, those miles are starting to show. There's a lot of 'nickle and dime' stuff going out (windows roll down, but not up, gauges get stuck, and other things), but she's been a good car for 6+ years and 175k miles. It's time to hand it off to the kids for their school car. If you're looking for a status symbol, the Impala isn't it. If you're looking for a good solid car that will get you to point A to point B, it gets the job done.

Waste of Money
By kgates75 on 10/11/12 12:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2007. It was 2005 and had 14k what a deal I thought. At 50k I had to replace the motor. It had an issue that the dealer stated *Never happens* now at 115k the car needs a new transmission and will not pass emissions. I still owe a years payments on this car. I contacted GM, they apparently do not care that they make crap! Every year I owned this pile I have dumped too much money into it. Engine, suspension, exhaust, tie rod ends, not to mention the regular maintenance. If I could go back I would have bought the Dodge instead. Never will I waste money on a GM vehicle.

Dependable for seven years
By kiminoz on 10/09/12 06:21 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car in 2007 with 30,000 lease miles on it. Didn't fall in love with it right away, but with low miles, V6, and low pricing ($13,999) too good to pass up. Two weeks ago, at 167,000 mi., I totaled it. Most reliable car I ever owned. It did dent easy and speedometer reliability was getting to be spotty, but this was "Old Trusty" for at least 120,000 miles. Great for carting around big teenagers. Would buy another low mileage Impala in a heartbeat.

Bad bad car
By kmfresh on 08/22/12 12:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My Impala is the most worthless hunk of metal I have ever owned. 05 seems like a bad year for most every car company, but this one is just horrible. It dies at random, the transmission is terrible, it dents SO easily and the AC/Heat AND the fans go out constantly, and those are expensive fixes. I want rid of this headache and I'll never own another older impala again.

Never buying another GM vehicle again...
By workingdogdoc on 06/29/11 21:29 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a 2005 Impala as a program car that year and it had 28K. It's 2011 and now has 106K. Total crapper. While it's not a bad car to drive around in the city or highway and has pretty generous space, the reliability has totally put me off GM cars for good. I seem to have at least 1-2 major repairs on it per year and my next big one is coming up like clockwork. Woohoo...water heater pump, power steering pump, now fuel pump have all gone out. The heating system also failed. The transmission has a tendency to slip. The instrument cluster has all reset themselves at random intervals, then gone back to being fine. My husband drives a same year Camry and it's night and day more reliable!

$$$$ BIG TIME LEMON $$$$
By angeleyes8523 on 03/21/11 22:53 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

This car has been a nightmare since I bought it. The transmission slipped the first day I had it. I had a to replace the converter, thermostat (5 times), had the entire system flushed over 50 times, and the blower motor resistor 2 times, not including the water pump, and O2 sensor. It is pretty bad that the car is constantly overheating, with no heat in the car. When the blower motor resistor goes you have to disconnect the battery because their is no other way to turn off the fan. It will continue to blow even if the key is out. It will not stop even after hours.