2005 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Impala model:
love my 05
By johnandy on 05/06/14 08:12 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

leased it new and was so pleased I bought it still driving and still very pleased.I have hit mid 30 hyw at 64 mph still org battery tires last wich means good steering geo never faild to start it looks great and ON Star is a safty feature that saves lives

I love this car
By triciakraft on 05/22/13 18:33 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I have a 2005 base model Impala with 210k miles on it. Ive only had 3problems with it. A fuel pressure regulator ($50), Catalytic Converter ($250) and my cruise control hasn't worked in approx 3 weeks. I own 2 other vehicles a expedition and a 2011 convertible Camaro SS with all the bells and whistles imaginable. This may sound a bit nuts, but I prefer the Impala, the ride is so much more comfortable not to mention 29mpg. I drive it everyday it hasn't given me any problems (its well maintained) and i expect to last at least another 130k. If you had problems with this vehicle, you probably didn't care for it as well as you could have.

2005 Impala
By klm005 on 05/03/13 16:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala SS Supercharged 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl S/C 4A)

I purchased the extended warranty which gave me coverage to 60,000 miles. I loved this car until the problems began. I have replaced tie rods which failed just out of warranty. My biggest problem has been whenever there is a hard, fast rain, the front floor passenger floor fills with water. It happened at least half a dozen times. My dealer said they could do nothing since there was no water when they looked at it. After my warranty expired, my speakers stopped working. The radio is fine, but no sound. There is also no dinging sound for low fuel... Now, at 95,000 miles, my transmission is slipping. I've been told it could be just clogged fuel line. Don't know what to buy next.

Another piece of GM junk
By kandis67 on 01/06/13 10:57 AM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2011 with 54k miles on it. I now have ~78k and it has just been one problem after another since day one. Huge lack of power, stopping on a slight incline on the road would cause me to roll backward when releasing the brake. Transmission jumps and skips. Can't get it to start 85% of the time. Fuel regulator began spitting out gasoline at 60k ($180 fix). Tie rods are crap. Wiper motor is seized. Heat randomly shuts on and off.

The best car I have ever owned so far,
By marqukitea on 12/18/12 14:13 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my 2005 Impala, 2011, Its a good car But the gas miles suck, Its a good family car cause I have 3kids, The car was 10,000 But it had low miles to that why I got it. Im almost done payin for it Only owe abot 32hun So thats good I would buy another Impala, But now im lookin for an Truck by GM, So I have my eye on an Chevy Treverse, Good luck to me.

My best car yet...
By templetonpeck on 10/17/12 13:01 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought my '05 Impala in January of 2006, it was used with 17k miles. As of now, it has 198k miles. Sad to say, those miles are starting to show. There's a lot of 'nickle and dime' stuff going out (windows roll down, but not up, gauges get stuck, and other things), but she's been a good car for 6+ years and 175k miles. It's time to hand it off to the kids for their school car. If you're looking for a status symbol, the Impala isn't it. If you're looking for a good solid car that will get you to point A to point B, it gets the job done.

Waste of Money
By kgates75 on 10/11/12 12:59 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this car in 2007. It was 2005 and had 14k what a deal I thought. At 50k I had to replace the motor. It had an issue that the dealer stated *Never happens* now at 115k the car needs a new transmission and will not pass emissions. I still owe a years payments on this car. I contacted GM, they apparently do not care that they make crap! Every year I owned this pile I have dumped too much money into it. Engine, suspension, exhaust, tie rod ends, not to mention the regular maintenance. If I could go back I would have bought the Dodge instead. Never will I waste money on a GM vehicle.

Dependable for seven years
By kiminoz on 10/09/12 06:21 AM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

Bought this car in 2007 with 30,000 lease miles on it. Didn't fall in love with it right away, but with low miles, V6, and low pricing ($13,999) too good to pass up. Two weeks ago, at 167,000 mi., I totaled it. Most reliable car I ever owned. It did dent easy and speedometer reliability was getting to be spotty, but this was "Old Trusty" for at least 120,000 miles. Great for carting around big teenagers. Would buy another low mileage Impala in a heartbeat.

Bad bad car
By kmfresh on 08/22/12 12:45 PM (PDT)

2005 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

My Impala is the most worthless hunk of metal I have ever owned. 05 seems like a bad year for most every car company, but this one is just horrible. It dies at random, the transmission is terrible, it dents SO easily and the AC/Heat AND the fans go out constantly, and those are expensive fixes. I want rid of this headache and I'll never own another older impala again.

Excellent car!!!
By crazymonk2012 on 02/05/12 20:50 PM (PST)

2005 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)

All I can say is the car is fantastic. Okay those of you that read this review. If you ever buy an earlier Impala. Buy one with a 3.8 okay. They have the fewest of problems. My big plus with the vehicle is the reliability! I mean problems I have seen on this forum are probably really picky people. Although if you look at it. My 2005 Impala has always been reliable. Never broken down before ever!! I love this car and recommend that if you buy this car. Buy one with a 3.8. If you buy a newer Impala do not buy the 3.9 engine. Get the one with the 3.6 liter. Hope this helps you all.