2004 Chevrolet Impala 3.4L V6 4-speed Automatic Consumer Review - Time to fix the Impala

2004 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (3.4L V6 4-speed Automatic)

Time to fix the Impala again : (
By dloc on

2004 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

The Chevrolet Impala, Hmm hmm hmm. Where do I start. The exterior design is boring to say the least. The interior design even more boring. The heater/AC vents have all broken on my car (Thanks GM for really putting some effort into designing this car) I bought this car used in 2007. Right after I bought it the AC broke and the water pump went out. About $500 in repairs. What else is wrong with this car that shouldn't be: The cigarette lighter went out, the rear defroster went out, the back right window stopped rolling up, I had to replace the front wheel bearing assembly. Ohh and now it makes a loud annoying squeaking sound coming straight from the serpentine belt.

Favorite Features

Comfortable Seats, sometimes make you want to fall asleep. I use to like the exterior until I realized it looks like a grandma's car. It's safe! Although I have the standard version which doesn't have ABS which stinks. Great passenger car that's fun to cruise around with a carload of people.

Suggested Improvements

I would just like GM to put more thought into their vehicles and make them more reliable because this car has been horrible nightmare of repairs one after the other. Everytime I fix everything something else breaks. I suggest buying an '06+