Just a good overall car
By 99snitsky on
2004 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)
I got this car used with 40k. The ride is smooth and you don't feel the bumps unless they are huge. The engine is underpowered for the car at only 180 hp. The seats are comfortable but the middle seat connects to the driver seat which is stupid. The interior is very boring and cheap with cheap plastics and no features, it came with a tape player, so I had to get a CD player. The exterior is nice, esp. the tailights, the paint has a nice shine. The trunk is huge, so you have lots of room for things. Reliable, starts up 1st try. Routine maintenance, wear an tear. The brakes are bad, put hard on to stop, and need replacing often. Other than that turn signals, rack/pinoin lubricating, muffller
Favorite Features
Smooth ride, exterior style and paint, reliable. Easy to turn. Huge trunk with lots of room. Easy to use features inside. I am 6 feet 4 inches tall and I fit comfortably. This car has 225/60/16 tires which are very easy to find and the bolt pattern of 5x115 makes finding rims easy.
Suggested Improvements
Brakes, underpowered for the car, need replacing often and rotors like to warp. Very plain interior with lots of cheap plastics and no features. Came with a tape player so had to upgrade to CD player. I have bench seats in front and the front seat connects with the middle which is stupid. The engine is underpowered for the car. A 3.4 V6 with 180 hp. The heater and ac in my car always stays on even when I turn it off. So even though it off either blows out air or heat (whatever setting it is on). Very annoying for in between weather and always changing it because I am either too hot or too cold. Otherwise the heat/ac work fine. Rack/pinoin faulty, need lubricating or replaced and shouldnt.