2004 Chevrolet Impala Consumer Review: It's hard to beat an old Chevy

2004 Chevrolet Impala - Consumer Review

Base Sedan (3.4L V6 4-speed Automatic)

It's hard to beat an old Chevy
By Impala Guy on

2004 Chevrolet Impala 4dr Sedan (3.4L 6cyl 4A)

We have a 2004 Impala that my wife bought new. It is a 3.4, but is loaded with the Sport Appearance Package, Sunroof, Aluminum Wheels, etc. We're up to 94,000 miles. All we've ever fixed was the water pump, replace the battery, and tires. Otherwise, it has been dead reliable, and serves us very well. It looks as good as it did the day we bought it inside and out. We just bought a new Impala to replace it, but the old one was so good, we decided to keep it as a second car.

Reliability, durability, looks, radio, dual climate control, lots of features like compass, thermometer, and fuel mileage calculator.

I think they really did a good job with this car.
By renoron
on 04/12/13 11:45 AM (PDT)

I too had the same experience: Several batteries I attribute to the difficult climates of the Las Vegas summer and the Reno Winters it has had to endure. Two water pumps, and two fuel pressure regulators (one of which was due to a defective replacement part). Other than that, it's spoiled me as it doesn't leak anything, runs smooth, and has me expecting it to start reliably. First car I bought with my wife the year our baby daughter was born (new). Hope I can keep it going.