Impala Review
By Sw on
2004 Chevrolet Impala LS 4dr Sedan (3.8L 6cyl 4A)
I purchased this vehicle brand new with on 26 miles on. I had all maintenance performed at the dealership & still do. At 70, 000 miles the vehicle started experiencing problems with the ABS & Traction Control while turning or slowing down at low speed. Also the instrument cluster stopped working i.e. speedometer, thermostat gauge, engine Rpm monitor. I had the thermostat replaced under warranty. GM should invest in better parts for a more reliable vehicle. Other than that I travel daily through 3 cities & the veh gets good mileage on the hwy.I would purchase another one only if GM modified their parts! This is the 2nd GM veh I have owned both brought new with the same problems, no more!
Favorite Features
Leather seats, Bose System
Suggested Improvements
Improve the electrical system & ABS
By clarkkeill
on 09/26/12 18:25 PM (PDT)

I am the original owner. Was a great car for the first 100,000 miles then it started to fall apart. I The car currently has 150,000 but required 4 transmissions, new front end bearings, a new water pump, and a new directional arm over and above normal maintenance in the past 50,000 miles. The biggest problem has been the transmission which no one seems to be able to correct.